Evening all, lets roll with the final part of the Samoan Experience, this time in Western Samoa!

This part of the project was a late addition as we actually contemplated releasing it separately further down the track, but in the essence of creating a huge 'experience' we decided to bundle it with American Samoa, so we hope you all enjoy this little bit of extra goodness :)

Shots are in no particular order, taken at various locations across the two main islands of Western Samoa: Upolu and Savai'i, in these screenshots you'll see NSFA Faleolo International, Maota Airport and Asau Airport which are rendered to a level we call Lite

Please see

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/98094-talofa-and-welcome-to-samoa-preview-1/

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/98121-welcome-to-manua-american-samoa-preview-2/

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/98123-swains-island-and-rose-atoll-american-samoa-preview-3/

For the other 3 parts that make up the "Samoan Experience"

S8ITpnAfcknF2kk5560a0cdc19e5.jpg

FUgw4ZCIQfTsPix5560a0d2c7e41.jpg

nyFdXhsb7oQaNwt5560a0d6acb31.jpg

dH36VGG1nmRaAtQ5560a0dbd4a68.jpg

wnaYnWm2kRaYzoX5560a0e038651.jpg

ToO0hLueCSKc6BC5560a0e54a2df.jpg

yre1gOUIXP0OHdC5560a0ea0cc9b.jpg

y9Ep0K0sA76h7Rr5560a0ee63770.jpg

BNHhn1c7PGa8YKA5560a0f2664b3.jpg

03bUS81PcOrAwoJ5560a0f6e1937.jpg

2WbI43ftgsoGYuq5560a0fa27aa6.jpg

8B3gWFJFnxVJD7A5560a100b1cfe.jpg

5AfXWDPR3mVpSsw5560a107a8751.jpg

5PS3PeSm3McATus5560a10b85225.jpg

M6F9M8wCygKxNqY5560a11034113.jpg

K44rEZ4EKm7YV2I5560a114a95aa.jpg

KkF4VavkjT5RucX5560a11a87bf5.jpg

X6Rdf95S7wJmugd5560a1202f70e.jpg

2p8baYshFVwcnAe5560a12558da1.jpg

09gfA2uJpRfn5xn5560a129e00b4.jpg

CzOWU9UcXiQlGBi5560a12e531f1.jpg

9B6HXPNzFRlzxAn5560a1348ec0f.jpg

3wEALvRCzUJy98R5560a139a672c.jpg

XWxNb41gxvUBnRX5560a13e2ecb4.jpg

Note: all shots are taken using FTXGlobal basepack https://www.fullterrain.com/product/ftxglobal and TreesHD https://www.fullterrain.com/product/ftxtreeshd , however neither are required

• Upvote 3

Yep, I'm definitely purchasing this upon release. I like how there will be multiple beautiful, challenging airports in one American Samoa product, to allow me to fly the Twotter among them without having to do long-distance flights to/from AU/NZ.

As fantastic  as this looks I won't be buying it straight away.........

.......the demand will be so huge that FSS will go into meltdown again, so I will try and be patient and wait until the stampede had quietened down!

Better dust off the BN-2A and Twin Otter as I think they will be well suited.

• Upvote 1

you could well be setting up a tourism agency with this add-on :), its like a virtual tour.  Really nice work guys.

Yes, you hit the nail on the head there...

...and this is what I love the absolute MOST about this 'Experience' range of sceneries!

Its like it says 'Experience' this place now at home as you may find this is the place for your next big holiday/vacation. See what you could expect. Land where you'd land, possibly get a look at the hotel you may want to stay in and see if its located in the right place for you, in a way no tourist board or agent could show you, see what there is to discover and POI's worth planning visits for on the real trip, plan treks, hikes and local sightseeing trips, explore, plan adventure, research, scientific, training scenarios...check out the beaches and natural hot spots, anything else one might be interested in, hop between locations in your favourite GA/Bush plane...and eventually, if you really must, fly out. One thing that won't happen is the trip will never be too short as you can stay as long as you like...All inclusive, with all the comforts of home... ;)

We can go on a virtual exotic or adventure holiday and explore a whole new land of dreams many of us may wish to visit some time in our lives but cannot be certain if we'll actually manage to make a reality any time soon or not. But this sure works as a great Tourist Information Preview to give us the flavour of what we could expect to discover, from the comfort of our own home, whilst doing the thing we love most. Ahhhh! Bliss!!! ::)What a novel way to promote the so many fascinating and beautiful places on this Earth that can only be found on the path less travelled and the human relationship with them (whether that be in the form luxury tourism, safari and native tribal settlement, adventure and exploration, scientific investigation, exploration and research, local/native cultural and residential architecture and infrastructure etc etc). This is looking to be heading towards becoming one of my most treasured sceneries all together!!! Thank you for your pioneering spirit Ken and Tim! It's such a breadth of fresh air and all the comments on the threads related to these 'Global Experience' projects, and particularly that special level of fresh and new excitement you can just feel in them, show evidence that breath of fresh air felt by so many Orbxers here. And that's just people actually on this forum...Keep up the great work lads!

Just fills me to bursting point with so many potential ideas for possible expansion of further projects, locations and 'experiences' within these exotic locations around Asia, Africa and S. & C. America (both inland and on their islands and seas) that I'd just love to throw at you boys to toy around with at your own discretion...in a less 'waffly' and more organised way though. Lol! :D

Ken was right about Faleolo packing on the calories, hardly looks lite.  :D

We thought we would have some fun and apply some subtle blowtorching to the term 'Lite', up the anti a bit you know.. ;D

Just fills me to bursting point with so many potential ideas that I'd just love to throw at you to toy around with at your own discretion...Lol! :D

Thanks Sid, always a good read, you should write our manuals for us!! and btw this thread calls for your inspirations: http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/98172-future-experience-packages-name-your-dream-locations/

• Upvote 1

Thanks Sid, always a good read, you should write our manuals for us!! and btw this thread calls for your inspirations: http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/98172-future-experience-packages-name-your-dream-locations/

Lol! Thanks Tim! I'd love to right your manuals or the marketing statements for you...Lol! It would be an honour Sir. ;)  :lol:

Now more seriously, Wow, I had no idea you'd opened this 'brain-storming' thread...now that feels like the perfect FORUM for everyone interested in any exotic dream locations to contribute and brain-storm these ideas and knock heads together along with you good chaps, and probably worth keeping open and on-going. A 'Call of Duty' I hear you say?! Oki doki. I shall join the others and also serve.

Well what I'll do is, if its okay with you, is perhaps first consider and take a look at things in an 'objective', logical and 'big-picture' way with what I call some some joined-up 'FTX thinking' and mid- to long-term viability/growth/usability consideration/vision and then put some ideas/scenery-types/ 'experience' suggestions forward to that discussion forum (thread). And you guys can then just freely and happily do as little or as much with it as you like. But, I'll try to think on a global level, with as many types of simmers, and new/future potential simmers in mind as possible, and with some sense of purpose and an FTX vision/connection with any particular suggestion I make and perhaps add a little note to the pros/cons of that scenery to help with explanation. So rather than just chucking random fanciful ideas that immediately come to mind out there, and there's nothing wrong with that as this is all about people's dream locations, I'll try to perhaps be a bit more disciplined and do a little something a bit more structured, perhaps in the form of compiling an 'Inspiration List' which is organised into categories (e.g. by location or some other factor/s) with some info and explanation of the inspiration attached to each and what type/s of 'experience' each could deliver and perhaps if I can think of any major cautions/obstacles or cons to each. Or something like that...Would do you think?

But if there's also a hurry just for a few quick destinations right now too, I think there's quite a few sensible ideas already been put out by many fellow simmers here for exotic dream locations for FTX Global...I'd happily go with many of them as a next stop. From the ones mentioned by everyone, the ones I thought could work well in the scheme of things and personally love the sound of would be things like Bali, Fiji, Tahiti, Bora Bora, Vanuatu, Tonga, Hawaii (all in Pacific/South Pacific), Phangnga Bay/Krabi and Chiang Mai (in Thailand), Halong Bay (near Hanoi in Vietnam), Maldives/Andaman Islands/Seychelles/Mauritius (in Indian Ocean), a multitude of potential locations in the Indonesian and Phillipine islands (South-East Asia), Amazon/Rio Negra Basin (in or around Manaus, Brazil), sites near Incan and Mayan ruins/monuments/Pyramids and their beautiful surrounding terrain (in Central & South America), Carribean islands and locations dotted around the Gulf of Mexico, and a type I'd personally really love to see and think would be a completely fresh and new experience, African bush strip 'experiences' in Eastern and Southern Africa (in locations dotted around the Rift Valley, Kenya, Tanzania, Kilimanjaro, Lake Victoria and Victoria Falls, South Africa, Okavango Delta, Masai Mara & Serengetti National Parks with Game-flow.

But I'll stop there because its just a quick random list which is of limited benefit without explanation and reasoning but just to add my voice in support of the suggestions I've seen from others that I too would love. So I'll add them to the others on the more objective and extensive 'Inspiration/Aspiration list' with better explanations and reasoning as to why I think they' would be great, what new they could do for/give Orbx and its community, what may be special and inspirational about them, how they could fit with a bigger longer-term picture and their advantages to that, what things could be done/tried with them, places where a once in a while a little of someone like Frank's input may or may not also be of potential benefit, and why they might be successful projects in line with the first 2 PI 'Experience' releases from you and Ken. And anything else that might be useful...

Sorry to have gone on so long but I'll stop there for now...Just thought, may as well do things properly if its worth doing at all...and I believe what you guys have started here is a marvellous and very exciting adventure that many of us simply crave and enjoy so much. So thanks Tim and, yes of course, I'd love to add my ideas and inspirations of dream destinations to the many many others I hope we'll hear from everybody else interested in a 'Tim and Ken' Experience. They are so unique!

All the best to you, and the best of wishes for a successful new 'Samoan Experience'. I'm buying Day 1 and I hope that's soon because I can't wait. Oh, and btw,  I too love your definition of a 'Lite' Airport guys! ;)  :lol: Good on ya! :smile:

Sid

Amazing work Tim! I absolutely love your AYPY scenery and I am extremely hyped for this since I absolutely love Island hopping. This will be a great addition to my pacific islands!

Then, I do have a short question(I know it's not the right place ;D ):

Since I am new to this forum I would like to know how to add my order numbers. When I registered I was to lazy to search for them but now I would like to add them to not look like the annoying customer who is commenting everything but doesn't even have your products. So a short answer would be appreciated! :D

Other than that, amazing stuff and absolutely hoping for a next project in that region!

Since I am new to this forum I would like to know how to add my order numbers. When I registered I was to lazy to search for them but now I would like to add them to not look like the annoying customer who is commenting everything but doesn't even have your products. So a short answer would be appreciated! :D

You can create a custom signature (using My Settings->Signature) that contains your order numbers. You can list just one order number (like I do today in my signature below), as that is all that Orbx staff needs to look up your entire Orbx order history on FSS.

As for that "Order #: N/A" under your avatar, only Orbx staff can update it--that is what happened in my case a while ago, after I posted a request.

You can create a custom signature (using My Settings->Signature) that contains your order numbers. You can list just one order number (like I do today in my signature below), as that is all that Orbx staff needs to look up your entire Orbx order history on FSS.

As for that "Order #: N/A" under your avatar, only Orbx staff can update it--that is what happened in my case a while ago, after I posted a request.

Thanks for the advice! I will do that!