Scott Armstrong

Introducing FTX Trees HD - Immersion Redefined

!!!!!!!!!!!!! Amazing!! I really hope the FPS hit is essentially Zero cuz if I add anymore stuff to my setup i'll get below my Personal Threshold, say is there much impact on VAS?  The look amazing!

Awesome work - 4th to last pic is great - I would assume if just using global or even no ftx products if thats possible these will work ? instant purchase for me

Wondering what was coming up next.

What an amazing improvement.

Those palm trees look fantastic...

Cheers

Mallard

Incredible aren't they.

Thank you Scott, a long overdue addon for me ! Trees have been neglected in the simworld so far (for a good reason, playability). I am very impressed by your pics. I love to see that the Fall foliage seems to no more have the garish hues of New England. I am curious, how many species did you model ? Is there an olive tree for the Med region ?

• Upvote 1

Fantastic, and with little impact on FPS it sounds like a brilliant update. Look forward to overflying the Redwoods in NCA. Could hope for Madagascar as a future addon with all the Baobabs! :)

Looks very good but i would have liked one or two comparisons shots. On some of these here, like in winter, difference looks barely noticeable.

i say "looks".

Dom

NB : the third shot is quite impressive though,

• Upvote 1

This is looking good! I was about to post asking for some options to make the trees look better, and here comes this announcement... :D I'm really looking forward to the release.

Now about that rather nice location used to showcase seasonal differences... :P Any hints as to when we'll be able to enjoy it in P3D2? ;)

Tym

• Upvote 1

It will be an addon payware product.

Don't care, just RELEASE it so I can buy it NOW. I can just see me gliding around what used to be boring areas 3 years ago, transformed into what can only be described as the most realistic environment I've ever seen. I'm amazed Ed, I really am. Truly spectacular.

• Upvote 1

This really does look amazing. If the overall FPS and VAS hit are small enough, grabbing this will be a no brainer :)

Especially the VAS is what I'm worrying about. :unsure:

Yes, it looks amazing and I think the comparison shots will better demonstrate that.

But it is the VAS hit that I wonder about.  I am already having to jettison ground shadows in P3D to get anywhere that can be considered part of civilization.

Could it be that this thing actually improves VAS/FPS?  I wonder....

How about region specific trees? I always thought regions came with their own higher quality local trees. Does this addon replace those? Will they still be region specific...? Or will regions look different in places with this addon? I am also curious about the impact on VAS.

!!!!!!!!!!!!! Amazing!! I really hope the FPS hit is essentially Zero cuz if I add anymore stuff to my setup i'll get below my Personal Threshold, say is there much impact on VAS?  The look amazing!

Early testing reports show ZERO (or extremely minimal) fps hit; stay tuned for testing on VAS.  And thanks! :)

Is this an add-on product or part of an update to Global?

To expand on Ed's reply, it's a payware addon that will upgrade the autogen tree textures in ANY FTX region(s) you own; Global is not required, as long as you have at least one other region (PNW, England, etc).  Of course, if you do have Global, it will give you a worldwide tree upgrade too :)

I am curious, how many species did you model ? Is there an olive tree for the Med region ?

I simply replaced the existing tree textures, so don't expect any new species (to the poster asking about Baobabs in Madagascar - sorry  8) ).  That being said, Olive trees ARE one of the default trees that I've overhauled, and the new ones are looking quite nice!  I'll post some pics soon.

Now about that rather nice location used to showcase seasonal differences... :P Any hints as to when we'll be able to enjoy it in P3D2? ;)

Thanks Tym!  Converting 0S9 to P3D will be the next order of business after Trees HD.  I hope to make a few extra upgrades to it, too :)

How about region specific trees? I always thought regions came with their own higher quality local trees. Does this addon replace those? Will they still be region specific...? Or will regions look different in places with this addon? I am also curious about the impact on VAS.

Yes, each FTX region has its own set of autogen tree textures specific to that region.  Trees HD will replace all of them, and they will still be region specific, just higher quality!

Thanks for the good vibes so far everybody!

-Scott

• Upvote 1

The way they are filled out are amazing!  What's next, TreeFlow?  Gently swaying in the breeze, or rustling of the branches as an eggbeater fly's lowly over them perhaps?

Great work folks!

The way they are filled out are amazing!  What's next, TreeFlow?  Gently swaying in the breeze, or rustling of the branches as an eggbeater fly's lowly over them perhaps?

Great work folks!

Think they already have this on some of the payware airports(trees swaying in the wind). Having "tree flow"(Nature Flow?) everywhere I would imagine would kill FPS and make the sim a slideshow... But would be cool if possible, most of the time I have to turn of nature flow to save frames on these payware airports...

Yes, each FTX region has its own set of autogen tree textures specific to that region.  Trees HD will replace all of them, and they will still be region specific, just higher quality!

-Scott

Wow. In that case: sold!!! ;)

You have to have a region installed ? for this to work - yes I own some but will not be installed keeping a lean install so this will not work then ?

You either have to have a region installed, and/or have Global installed.  According to your order numbers, it looks like you have Global, so as long as that's installed there's no need for any of your regions to be installed!

Edit - There is no longer a requirement for any ORBX products to be installed - Trees HD will replace all of your trees worldwide, no matter what!  Global, default FSX/P3D, FTX regions; Trees HD will replace it all.  But if you have FTX regions installed, you will also get new custom veg for that region to replace the original region-specific veg.

-Scott

You either have to have a region installed, and/or have Global installed.  According to your order numbers, it looks like you have Global, so as long as that's installed there's no need for any of your regions to be installed!

-Scott

Thanks Buddy - sold cant wait