openLC EU and FRANCEVFR Sceneries

Hello all!

I just bought (and still downloading the different zipped files) FTX openLC EUROPE.

Order ORBX FS0346287 Date 6/1/2015.

I wanted to know the degree of compatibility between FTX openLC Europe and the various (older) photo-realistic sceneries from FRANCEVFR.

May I fly over France with both sceneries active ?

Best regards,

Philippe from Toulouse

PS I am already the very very happy buyer and user of FTX Global and FTX Global VECTOR.

Since OpenLC is, as the title suggests, a "Landclass" add-on, you may not run it at the same time as a FranceVFR region, because those are photoreal and always take precedent over landclass. You will simply not see the landclass because it stays underneath the photoreal textures.

Bonjour Philippe

I tend to agree, your photoreal scenery would blanket OpenLC EU.  

Piggybacking your thread, I wonder  whether VFR Landmaks and Obstacles from the same outfit would be compatble with OpenLC EU ?  Has anybody tried ?

Bonjour Philippe

I tend to agree, your photoreal scenery would blanket OpenLC EU.  

Piggybacking your thread, I wonder  whether VFR Landmaks and Obstacles from the same outfit would be compatble with OpenLC EU ?  Has anybody tried ?

That should work fine, as long as you also have Vector installed. 

The VFR Obstacle package makes only sense if the vector data (roads and rivers) is correct.

That should work fine, as long as you also have Vector installed. 

The VFR Obstacle package makes only sense if the vector data (roads and rivers) is correct.

Actually,  the inevitable discrepancies between OpenLC and their photoreal sceneries for which their Landmarks and Obstacles has been designed is a potential source of bad positioning of their 3D models in OpenLC. They also use their own mesh which may bring specific issues. 

Hello

Havn't tried it with France but I use NL2000 with Photoscenery disabled leaving airports only and it works well with Orbx Global.

Kind regards

Ian

Hello Ian

I had a look on their site (NL2000). You need to install the whole photoreal scenery and 3D models, then disable the PRS to only get the 3D models in OpenLC ? That would be cumbersome.  I don't see a way to download only zipped 3D models..

Hello all,

A great great thanks for your kind and prompt answers to my question ! Great!

Unfortunately, I was aware that photoreal things by FRANCEVFR indeed uses their own mesh ... I will try soon and gives you WHAT I actually will get, right?

Again a greta thanks for your involvement.

best wishes

Philippe