ANSWERED Why are my runway lights in AYPY so big?

Stillwater

Hi Gerold,

The lights at AYPY are a new special non-effect version, they are 'hacked' to get larger the further you are from them, the size is set in the model and its a compromise between 'too big', and 'not seeing them in the distance'

Because these are not a fps-hog effect that is controlled by the default day/dusk/night system, we must set a time-of-day.. from memory its lights-on 4pm>>9am, so in certain times of the year 4pm is nearly dark, and in the other part of the year its not yet fully dark, so they have to be on at a time that is good for all months of the year

@Teecee, these are different lights.

• Upvote 1

Hi Gerold,

The lights at AYPY are a new special non-effect version, they are 'hacked' to get larger the further you are from them, the size is set in the model and its a compromise between 'too big', and 'not seeing them in the distance'

Because these are not a fps-hog effect that is controlled by the default day/dusk/night system, we must set a time-of-day.. from memory its lights-on 4pm>>9am, so in certain times of the year 4pm is nearly dark, and in the other part of the year its not yet fully dark, so they have to be on at a time that is good for all months of the year

@Teecee, these are different lights.

Thank you, Tim, for the explanation. So it is good that I asked before trying any setting changes - ignoring this little effect is possible to me ;-)