Ready for a Sunday at the baltic sea

Stillwater

I left Kasi´s city early ...

Lj0H.jpg

... crossed the (rainy) Uckermark, home region of our chancellor ...

VSLki.jpg

... and arrived at the Oderhaff, at the border between Poland and Germany:

T0wF1.jpg

Did not want to got through the customs procedure, so I turned westwards over Heringsdorf (behind) ...

gTQz3.jpg

.. to Peenemünde. Looks so peaceful today, but this airport is a famous place: To the right of it there were the test stands and rocket batteries, "widely regarded as the birthplace of modern rocketry and spaceflight.". We will never forget that building the weapon V2 killed more lifes of the forced workers than their impacts in England did to the civilians. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peenem%C3%BCnde_Army_Research_Center

Doubtless the people involved at that place had developed much better products in the after-war carrier, cumulating in the Bell X-15, the Saturn V rocket and the basic principles of the Space Shuttle. Interesting reading!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walter_Dornberger

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wernher_von_Braun

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arthur_Rudolph

Rsa0P.jpg

Nuclear power plant Lubmin. Went off-stream in 1990, still about 1000 people are working on the decontamination and dismantling.

l7MKW.jpg

The orbyfied landscape of Rügen. Looks so impressive!

jCYMb.jpg

Rügen airport. I am not sure if I got the textures right, or if the taxiway only needs hovering. But actually it seems to me I have forgotten to install the freeware!

vKCG.jpg

gmCva.jpg

Hi Gerold,

Great shots and story as always! What you see at Rügen Airport is the DEX scenery. To make the freeware airports EDCG (and EDBH Barth) visible, you should deactivate the following files in your FSDG - Deutschland X directory:

DEX - 1 - AFD\Scenery:
AFX_EDBH.bgl -> AFX_EDBH.OFF
AFX_EDCG.bgl -> AFX_EDCG.OFF

DEX - 2 - Scenery Objects\Scenery:
AO_EDBH.BGL -> AO_EDBH.OFF
AO_EDCG.BGL -> AO_EDCG.OFF

Additionally, in your scenery.cfg the entry "DEX - 9 - Excludes" should be placed below the FTX and ORBX!OPENLC entries (works at least in my installation).

Cheers,

Frank

Hi Gerold,

Great shots and story as always! What you see at Rügen Airport is the DEX scenery. To make the freeware airports EDCG (and EDBH Barth) visible, you should deactivate the following files in your FSDG - Deutschland X directory:

DEX - 1 - AFD\Scenery:

AFX_EDBH.bgl -> AFX_EDBH.OFF

AFX_EDCG.bgl -> AFX_EDCG.OFF

DEX - 2 - Scenery Objects\Scenery:

AO_EDBH.BGL -> AO_EDBH.OFF

AO_EDCG.BGL -> AO_EDCG.OFF

Additionally, in your scenery.cfg the entry "DEX - 9 - Excludes" should be placed below the FTX and ORBX!OPENLC entries (works at least in my installation).

Cheers,

Frank

Fantastic tips, Frank, will do. And my next ride will be to Barth, keep the beer ready!

Bingo! Welcome in Las Velgast!!

... still thursty? Actually, it isn't that dry down here ..

Here neither, but it took me so many approaches that I fear to dehydrate...

Great shots, hope you had something to drink by now ;)

Survived!

Beauty shots here!

Very nice set of shots again Gerold.

Cheers,

Ruud

Beautiful shots Gerold!

Like I said: it is a pleasure to fly over Open_LC, even more with great airports like Rügen. And even better with some community fellows living there!