Spent the weekend with Anna on Thistle Island :)

Departing Port Lincoln

lJNq3.jpg

Gaining altitude over Point Boston

1cDlZ.jpg

Approaching Thistle Island. The little one on the right is Hopkins Island, the dried out patch is Swan Lake...

zon7.jpg

And departing the next day, passing Whaler's Bay

HeQ6v.jpg

r8n7K.jpg

Coming up to Point Boston again

KArec.jpg

AeaXl.jpg

Cooling down at YPLC. The streak at the top of the image is a contrail of a passing 737.

KnBDv.jpg

Cheers

Mallard

Beautiful shots, I particularly like the one on approach back into YPLC.

For the life of me, I can't seem to get my water in Australia to look anywhere near as good. Would you mind sharing your settings (REX(?), Shade, etc.)? Are you using DX10 with the Fixer?

Great plane for the adventure, BTW. There are two of these at my local field (EPTO), watching (and hearing) them do the engine run-up at the start of a day is quite an experience ;)

Thanks for sharing these!

Tym

Very nice mate,P3dv2.2?

+1 - Be careful Spok , do not ruffle the Mallard's feathers with your question . These grand shots are FSX mate . :smile: :smile:

Cheers

Brad

• Upvote 1

Thanks, mates!

Very nice mate,P3dv2.2?

+1 - Be careful Spok , do not ruffle the Mallard's feathers with your question . These grand shots are FSX mate . :smile: :smile:

:D Nah - it's cool! But just to confirm, this is FSX DX10.

For the life of me, I can't seem to get my water in Australia to look anywhere near as good. Would you mind sharing your settings (REX(?), Shade, etc.)? Are you using DX10 with the Fixer?

Great plane for the adventure, BTW. There are two of these at my local field (EPTO), watching (and hearing) them do the engine run-up at the start of a day is quite an experience ;)

Hi Tym, actually that's the default FSX water colour. I did have different REX sets, but when I switched to REX4 I went back to default.. I do have SweetFX which enhances the colours a bit, but the blues are pretty much left alone.

Some years back I had the opportunity to sit in the right-hand seat on a flight with an An-2. And I was amazed at how slow the beast is. Almost seemed as if it had forgotten that it was in the air sometimes... I mean, the Ju-52 I also had a chance to fly with was slow, but the An-2... ;)

Cheers

Mallard

• Upvote 1