FTX Northern California, a few various.

Hm, is it just me, or do you guys also think the wind turbines were planted way too dense? When looking at the penultimate image it seems obvious that their blades would collide in many cases. Normally, the space between wind turbines is at least twice their altitude...

Anything wrong? Maybe duplicate OSM data? Maybe Holger can have a look?

Other than that, it looks good!

Those Altamont Pass hills are the standard "summer brown" that we're accustomed to seeing.  One thing that I've been horribly curious about - will those hills and other non-farm interior lands of Norcal be green in the (typically) rainy winters & spring??  (Perhaps that last screenshot??)

I always thought it was a shame that MS & LM never got the look right....

Those Altamont Pass hills are the standard "summer brown" that we're accustomed to seeing.  One thing that I've been horribly curious about - will those hills and other non-farm interior lands of Norcal be green in the (typically) rainy winters & spring??  (Perhaps that last screenshot??)

I always thought it was a shame that MS & LM never got the look right....

Well, hills and non-farm lands are brown much of the year in CA.  I find it to be a very rare thing for the hills to be green.  During the Winter and Spring (if it's a wet Spring), the hills have less of that "OMG we could burst into flames at any second" look, but they are usually some form of brown.  Sometimes they are green right after a rain, but if it doesn't rain within a week or two, they seem to turn brown again pretty quickly.

That's my take on it, anyway.

Well, hills and non-farm lands are brown much of the year in CA.  I find it to be a very rare thing for the hills to be green.  During the Winter and Spring (if it's a wet Spring), the hills have less of that "OMG we could burst into flames at any second" look, but they are usually some form of brown.  Sometimes they are green right after a rain, but if it doesn't rain within a week or two, they seem to turn brown again pretty quickly.

That's my take on it, anyway.

Agree to disagree just slightly.  Your view's a little more dry/pessimistic that I'd state - maybe 2-3 weeks w/o rain to have the grasses start to turn brown again.  I remember 09/10 and 11/12 when we had decent amounts of rain, many of the hills were green into mid-late May.  Granted, in a normal year they turn green in November - so I'd be happy with only a green winter, if not a green winter and spring.

Just this year, we've had just less than an inch of rain in the past week after virtually nothing since before Thanksgiving - and I can detect areas on my commute into PA where I'm already seeing a greenish tint.

Anyway, yeah even the Marin headlands turn brown in late summer.... :)

Agree to disagree just slightly.  Your view's a little more dry/pessimistic that I'd state - maybe 2-3 weeks w/o rain to have the grasses start to turn brown again.  I remember 09/10 and 11/12 when we had decent amounts of rain, many of the hills were green into mid-late May.  Granted, in a normal year they turn green in November - so I'd be happy with only a green winter, if not a green winter and spring.

Just this year, we've had just less than an inch of rain in the past week after virtually nothing since before Thanksgiving - and I can detect areas on my commute into PA where I'm already seeing a greenish tint.

Anyway, yeah even the Marin headlands turn brown in late summer.... :)

It is quite possible that the last couple of years have been so dry and tainted my memory.  :D

One things for sure, the ORBX hills look a lot better than FSX, which seems t think that CA is green in the summer and brown in the winter!

• 2 weeks later...