ANNOUNCEMENT VECTOR V1.1 is a complete rebuild, not a patch

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hello all,   Because of the fantastic customer input into VECTOR and the excellent documented bugs and issues found and reported by you all, much work has been going on behind the scenes on V1.1

Thank you for that, is difficult to find serious developer that has the courage to admit that a released product has to be redone following costumer's suggestions.   This make a big difference fro

This is good news, mister. "One that is good, born good or not, must fight day and night to continue to be so". And so I enjoyed! Big hugs. Sinesio

Thank you for proof that spending my cash was worth it. I started with ftx global, fs global, now went vector and looking forward to your landclass as I plan to get every single one of them (even if my GF will suffocate me) :)

Hope my pc will handle landclass too ;)

Thanks!!!

So wait, are you setting a precedence for all those complaining, moaning, whining, and just being a pain in the ... customers and potential customers  :)  haha

Many thanks for the considerations and support, it is appreciated.  Hopefully when LM release their patch this month, I can turn Vector back on just in time for this update.

I bought Vector on the release day, however due to all the negative comments I decided NOT to install it. When the new version comes out will I need to install the original or will that not be necessary. Also can I keep UTX & not install Vector for the UTX regions?

I bought Vector on the release day, however due to all the negative comments I decided NOT to install it. When the new version comes out will I need to install the original or will that not be necessary. Also can I keep UTX & not install Vector for the UTX regions?

VECTOR is not a pick and choose piece of software.  When it is installed it covers the globe.

I purchased Vector a few weeks ago and also purchased FS Global 2010 FTX compatible for my mesh.....also running Orbx Australia. My machine is moderate with power and business graphics and I expected issues with Prepar3d 1.4 now having high detailed landscapes but was surprised. My setup is smooth and I have had absolutely no issues with vector at all while flying around Australia. Yes there have been negative comments about Vector but so far I have not seen these issues yet and by the time I do get to the areas where the issues are the update will be out.......  

The key to having smooth results from Vector and Global mesh is your sliders in FSX and P3D. I had my scenery sliders all the way to the left and researched which ones gave me photographic scenery. I then discovered that some of the levers could be maxed all the way right and have no effect on my frame rates while others levers needed  to be kept left or in the middle. My experience of 20 plus years of flight simming is that it is essential that the scenery levers are set correctly and once they are set you get a great flight sim experience.

Saying that I will be upgrading my machine in the next month or so to a more powerful machine but only because my current system does not have a DX11 graphics card and I need that for V2 of Prepar3d.

My hat goes off to John and his team for bringing out a great product and looking forward to the update. Great work guys.

Roy

Seriously people.... where else do you get this kind of customer support? I have gamed for years...first person shooters, racing, flying etc. never before has this kind of support been available....usually it's "we are aware of the issue....and working hard to resolve....all the while they sit at the beach sipping mai tai's and laughing as the spend our hard earned money.... not this crew...here it's hey John et al... I noticed this....BAM fixed.. or boom here we are rolling out a complete rebuild.... or a vote on whether or not to release the work in progress..... truly we are lucky.....

Also can I keep UTX & not install Vector for the UTX regions?

Simple answer, no...

As has been said, Vector is a global coverage and while the new control panel will allow you to thin out the details if you want to, it does not allow you to install be region.

That being said, if you prefer to fly with UTX, you can always just place UTX above Vector in the scenery library... if it has a higher priority, you will see UTX and not Vector... and anywhere outside of the UTX areas, you'll see Vector.

Bear in mind that using UTX, you won't get any of the newer style FTX Global Road lights following highways or roads... You'll still see them in towns and cities when part of the Global textures, but no vector road lighting unless you use the UTX lighting... which can be a bit FPS intensive...

The flight simulation is present in my life since the version used in the Z80 processor, 8 bits.
This epoch (1982) until the present day, the transformation is magnificent in visual and logical resources. Few developers of hardware and software that have due regard to the final consumer. Herein is included Mr. J. Venema.
Success in this update, we look forward.

Seriously people.... where else do you get this kind of customer support? I have gamed for years...first person shooters, racing, flying etc. never before has this kind of support been available....usually it's "we are aware of the issue....and working hard to resolve....all the while they sit at the beach sipping mai tai's and laughing as the spend our hard earned money.... not this crew...here it's hey John et al... I noticed this....BAM fixed.. or boom here we are rolling out a complete rebuild.... or a vote on whether or not to release the work in progress..... truly we are lucky.....

I gotta agree here. If we communicate to ORBX team in an appropriate way, then they respond. This is just so positive.

JV I had missed this post, but I love that you go out of your way to keep everybody informed. It is like we are a member of the beta-testing team. Damn, I'm not sure I get this level of info from my own employer.

Mattius,

Regarding your statement " . . . When the new version comes out will I need to install the original or will that not be necessary", seems to me the answer to your question is already included in JV's original post in the following sentence: 

" . . . and from the time of release all new customers will automatically be downloading the V1.1 build, not the old one.". Not having installed the original version would in my mind be equivalent to a new customer.

JJ

Can anyone answer the first part of my question please. Thanks for the info about UTX, much as I suspected!

John Venema would have answered that in his opening post when he said the following:

How will you get the "patch"? Well you will be emailed by FSS and there will be a new replacement full triple-installer in your FSS download area so you can install the completely new product using your existing registration information. The filesize will be similar to the original around 2.5GB or

so.

What he said suggests that no you do not have to have the original installed. Being around the same size as the original install this is a new install and not a patch upgrade.

I added this on to what Jean-Jacques said earlier because you are not a new customer (just have not installed it yet) but you will still get a completely new installer not requiring the original version to be installed. 

Roy

If Vector is a rebuild and not a patch then vector on dvd i payed for is useless! So will i get a free copy dvd of the rebuild from flightsim store when its finished. ???

Are you serious? Just download the thingie and burn it. And place it in the original DVD cover :-)

• Upvote 1

Are you serious? Just download the thingie and burn it. And place it in the original DVD cover :-)

Yes i am serious, im out of pocket what part of that dont you understand. I appreciate vector is being addressed and i dont have money to through away.

I elected to to purchase the digital download along with the dvd of which i payed extra for :banghead:

Yes i am serious, im out of pocket what part of that dont you understand. I appreciate vector is being addressed and i dont have money to through away.

I elected to to purchase the digital download along with the dvd of which i payed extra for :banghead:

The DVD that is an additional cost purchase is just a hard copy of the digital download.  You have the digital version on your account page and that will allow you to download the new v1.1.  The DVD however is just the original v1.0 and as such not of much use now as you point out.  It amounts to a loss of less than $10 and that is a risk you take with hard copy software.  As already pointed out when you get the digital download of the new version (at no cost) just burn a copy to a DVD for archival purposes.

Actually it would be better to contact Adrian at the FSS and inquire if there could be an adjustment of some kind reguarding the DVD.  It certainly should be handled it that manner first and if no satisfaction is obtained then publically complain, but frist ask if there can be anything in the way of a solution via the support system at the FSS.

• Upvote 1

and that is a risk you take with hard copy software

That maybe so, but lots of people don't have the luxury of ultra high speed downloads that could do 2.5 Gb in a matter of minutes if not seconds. It takes me about an hour to download 1Gb on my state of the art internet connection here in Melbourne.

In fact, I purchased Pilots FTX Global and despite taking almost 24 hrs to download the whole lot, all files were corrupted and failed integrity checking. I tried a different download manager (one of the recommended ones) and comtinued to get corrupted downloads.

So on that occasion I was glad that I took the precaution of purchasing the DVD's as well. So, sometimes digital downloads are not the best solution.

If Vector is a rebuild and not a patch then vector on dvd i payed for is useless! So will i get a free copy dvd of the rebuild from flightsim store when its finished. ???

That is not how ANY software updates or patches work, with the exception of the $700/year 3dsMax subscription, which gives Autodesk enough financial flexibility to send me a new disk each year.

Steinberg will send me Version 7.0 of Cubase, after I purchase an upgrade from the 6.5 version I already own.  I'm not entitled to download the updates to 7.0 at all, unless I pay more.

So not a bad deal to get a total upgrade / rebuild at no extra charge.

You will probably have installed major Windows updates without Microsoft sending you a new windows CD, so it won't be a totally new experience in that regard.

You can, of course, continue to use your current Vector/Global products after the updated version is available.  The choice to download the free updated version is entirely your own.

• Upvote 1

What "you pay extra for" is not the actual software itself but the *service* of FSS burning the DVD for you and sending it to you.

If you want the same again for an updated version of any software then contact FSS and see if you can pay for the *service* of getting another DVD.

In no way at all is either FSS or ORBX obligated to send you another DVD.

In fact, the EULA, like most EULAs, give you the "right" to use the software under specific conditions and *not* the software itself *or* the method of delivery *or* the media on which it may or may not be supplied ... and if you have installed Vector already, then you have agreed to that EULA.

What "you pay extra for" is not the actual software itself but the *service* of FSS burning the DVD for you and sending it to you.

If you want the same again for an updated version of any software then contact FSS and see if you can pay for the *service* of getting another DVD.

In no way at all is either FSS or ORBX obligated to send you another DVD.

In fact, the EULA, like most EULAs, give you the "right" to use the software under specific conditions and *not* the software itself *or* the method of delivery *or* the media on which it may or may not be supplied ... and if you have installed Vector already, then you have agreed to that EULA.

The dvd is not fit for purpose period!! It matters not how you want to talk it up. I payed a set amount of money for a digital download and a dvd hard copy. That is my binding contract. I appreciate i can download the new version via download but thats not just what i payed for. I'm positive my credit card company will agree.

If its the case that as you say (In no way at all is either FSS or ORBX obligated to send you another DVD.) then im not surprised that people will obtain pirated stuff if thats how a customers are treated.

That is not how ANY software updates or patches work, with the exception of the $700/year 3dsMax subscription, which gives Autodesk enough financial flexibility to send me a new disk each year.

Steinberg will send me Version 7.0 of Cubase, after I purchase an upgrade from the 6.5 version I already own.  I'm not entitled to download the updates to 7.0 at all, unless I pay more.

So not a bad deal to get a total upgrade / rebuild at no extra charge.

You will probably have installed major Windows updates without Microsoft sending you a new windows CD, so it won't be a totally new experience in that regard.

You can, of course, continue to use your current Vector/Global products after the updated version is available.  The choice to download the free updated version is entirely your own.

Its not an update of a patch is it, its a complete overhual which renders the dvd hard copy useless so your semantics dont hold up in this case. sorry for the harsh reality comment, no offence.

Always amazing to me that when a person has a problem with the purchase they made at the flightsimstore.com they always immediately jump on the forums and air their problems rather than contact Adrian at his store.

jono33.

the DVD you paid extra for is only for an archive and was never meant to be the software purchase.  The only method of purchasing FTX/ORBX software is digital download.  When the VECTOR 1.1 is available it can be downloaded by all who purchased the download of v1.0 like yourself. Once more I ask have you contacted Adrian with your complaint?

Incorrect; your v1.0, unless it is corrupt and does work, is fit for purpose and fulfils your contract.

The fact that ORBX have elected to release a whole new version and offer it free rather than patch is not relevant.

You paid for a service. You received a service.

At best you'd be entitled to another DVD of the same version.

Harsh reality, yes, but that is the case here and you need to accept it.

I'm out.

• Upvote 1

The flight simulation is present in my life since the version used in the Z80 processor, 8 bits.

This epoch (1982) until the present day, the transformation is magnificent in visual and logical resources. Few developers of hardware and software that have due regard to the final consumer. Herein is included Mr. J. Venema.

Success in this update, we look forward.

You´re reading my mind. Started with the Sinclair ZX Spectrum http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_UTyyps_cCk

then the Apple II and I was so greatfull then that I could do this simming with those really basic simulators. But then today, with Orbx, Pilots, REX and prepar3d, it's too good to be true. Not even the multi million dollar airliner simulators from CAE or Level-D which have been installed in 2006 when FSX actually came out can compete with the visual quality of the world how it is rendered on the software these companies provide us. I want to state that with this software we are living not FS11 but more something like FS12. So who cares about Microsoft not being onboard anymore, it just doesn't matter anymore.

Enjoy, cheers.

Samuel

• Upvote 1