Great Work Frank things are looking good..

I hear the cars racing around the Pukekohe Race track from my house, I think they are calling you to come over and see them.

They aren't our V8's Richard, they must be local boys, We aren't going to Pukekohe this year, but they will be in Auckland 6-8th November.

I'll probably be flat out here for the rest of the year, but next year, I might make it over there for a look see.

I had a good after noon, tinkering away out in the shed. The backs are both on the seats now and I've managed to finish off one of the re-upholstered arms on the Co-pilots seat.

IMG_0969.jpg

IMG_0970.jpg

That only leaves the other three to go, so I'm giving myself a challenge to have them finished and ready to install in the sim before the end of the week.

Ohh, and I got myself an early Birthday present......

IMG_0972.jpg

I'm off now to try my new Apple watch with OzRunways....woohoo!!!!

Frank

Well, the Apple watch is amazing.....

Anyway, back to reality!

Just when I thought the Xmas's were all over, I got a package today. My great mate from the West, Gwyn Perrett from Aerosim Solutions has sent my ACARS Printer that I ordered off him a little while back.

Gwyn has bought the base unit, made a Radio bay panel for it and painted the unit in Boeing grey.

Fantastic stuff. This baby will slot straight into my radio bay and allow me to print out weather updates, all my ACAR info, while I'm flying......un-freaking-believable!

Here are some pics:

IMG_0973.jpg

IMG_0982.jpg

IMG_0974.jpg

IMG_0983.jpg

I also finished upholstering another arm today, so that makes 3 now, just got one more to do and then I can start readying those seats to go in the sim.

Also, my new MX-5 arrived by boat today, from Japan. It's sitting at the holding yard now and I'll get a first look at it next week. Apparently, I'm the first person in Qld to have ordered one.

Don'y worry, pics will follow....

Frank

So, when I was talking to Gwyn from Aerosim Solutions, the other day, I mentioned that I had just removed the paper stickers off the back of my seats.

He's been watching the build throo my facebook site and he suggested he could make me a new set of seat back warning signs, fully engraved.

I was right on to that, but knew that I'd be waiting for a while to see them.

Then this morning, as if I haven't had enough presents this week already....bang, there they were in the mail!

Holy smoke, he's done such a fantastic job.

I thought, the only way to pay him homage was to get those puppies straight on there. I didn't want to mess up the beautiful engraving job, so instead of riveting them on, I stuck them to the back of the seat with contact cement.

They look so professional.

He really is a whiz bang, that guy!!

Here's the pics:

IMG_0984.jpg

IMG_0988.jpg

IMG_0987.jpg

IMG_0989.jpg

I also re-fitted the newly upholstered seat arm on my co-pilots seat and now she's finished.

I still have the other two arms on my pilots seat to do and then I need to do the headrests, but I can mount the seats first and then finish the headrests after.

I might just make my Friday DEADLINE yet....

Frank

Yesterday "I also finished upholstering another arm today, so that makes 3 now, just got one more to do and then I can start readying those seats to go in the sim."

Today "
I still have the other two arms on my pilots seat to do and then I need to do the headrests, but I can mount the seats first and then finish the headrests after."

How many arms do your seats have? ::)   

Hahaha....you are right, mate. Seems like I've been doing these arms forever. And ten points for paying attention.

So, the story is, the first one, I covered it, but didn't take the arm and the arm socket out of the seat.

That causes a lot of problems, so now, I've gone back and removed the sockets, cleaned them out, repainted them and re-fitted them as a whole unit.

The arm I took off the pilot's seat today has already been re-upholstered, I just needed to remove the socket and clean, paint and refurnish it.

That arm should go back on in the morning and then all I have is the second arm on the pilot's seat.

With luck, I should have them knocked over by tomorrow or Thursday at the latest. That leaves me Friday to fit the seats to the sim.

Frank

It's been another good day....more presents. I got my new teespring T-Shirt with "Long Live the Roadster" on it today.

I bought it from the states for the release of my beautiful little Mazda MX-5.

Here's a pic of the shirt:

IMG_0992.jpg

And here is an old codger wearing it proudly...

IMG_1073.jpg

And on the sim front, my seats are finished and ready to go in the sim.

I finished off the last arm today, after finalizing my second last one (which only needed a small amount of work to finish).

They are all prepped and ready to be mounted in the floor of the cockpit. I have a little cleaning up to do on the flight deck, before they go in, but should be right on schedule.

Anyway, here they are all finished and fully functional:

IMG_0990.jpg

IMG_0991.jpg

More to come......

Frank

Thanx Guys, but looks like I'll blow my deadline. My Wife and I are off on a nice weekend away with the car club tomorrow, so the seats will have to wait till Monday or Tuesday.

Ah well, I gave it my best shot, but you can't let the sim get in the way of enjoying other things as well.

Frank

...but you can't let the sim get in the way of enjoying other things as well.

Frank

So true Frank, so true.

Thanx Guys.

Well, the weekend away was fantastic, even tho all I thought about all weekend was picking up my new car this week....hahaha

We left a little early this morning, to get back home, so I could get the seats in the sim and make some room for the new car.

I emptied out the sim floor and removed the temporary seat.

Then, I placed down the J-Rails and positioned them about where the seats should go.

Then I carried in the seats, one by one and placed them on the tracks.

They really look the goods. I still haven't finished finalizing a position, so that I can bolt them to the floor, but I'll do that in the morning. 

I did, however, work on some headrests and I've got one done and the second one is almost finished. I attached the co-pilots headrest, just need to adjust it now.

The seats are so beautifully balanced that you can roll the back and aft with one finger.

I did manage to take a few pics and I've got a small vid uploading to youtube that I'll put up later tonite, so enjoy:

pic2.jpg

pic1.jpg

pic3.jpg

What a great weekend!

Frank

Well, I picked up my other obsession today, me new Mazda MX-5.

I believe I was the first person in Qld to get one, but who cares, right?

Anyway, it's the best car I've ever owned. It has so many bells and whistles, I'm flummoxed at the moment.

I took a 30km drive home to see what it had and I was flabbergasted. I know now why the world is raving about this awesome little sports car.

This is my third MX-5 and it is light years ahead of my last, in so many ways.

Anyway, enough of the stories, here's the pics:

pic1.jpg

pic2.jpg

pic3.jpg

pic4.jpg

pic5.jpg

pic6.jpg

pic7.jpg

pic8.jpg

Frank

Hahaha....you guys.

Took the wife to Tea in it tonight, she was very impressed. I offered to let her drive home, but she said "it's your day and you been waiting for this for a while, I can drive another day."

Thas why I married the gal....She's all heart!

Frank

Frank,

your letting the car cloud your mind.  That bit of politness is going to impact your credit card quite soon! 8)

Hi Andrew, No I don't use it. I try to keep it as simple as possible.

I'm also negligent in my work on the sim. Since my new baby, Ruby (the red MX-5) came along I've spent a lot of time, galavanting around the country side.....what a terrible excuse.

Anyway, I have been doing a little a nites, on my overhead. The forward OH has a few things to be hooked up, like my new starter switches and the new gauges, so I have been attending to those.

I also bought a new FDS SYS1X for the OH, so I've been hooking that up and running the software to make sure it is all operational before going in the sim.

To be honest, the rest of the week is allocated already, for the painting of my wheels, so next week, it will be all hands on deck.

Frank 

My Kids and wife bought me the personalized plates 7 years ago when I had registered 41 cars in my life. That number is now 51 with Ruby.

I don't normally hang on to them long, a few years is the make or break point where the resale slides significantly.

Frank