mdeisenr

ACTIVE Using UTX LC together with Global Vector

Hi,

does anyone of you know, how I can use the LC from UTX together with the Vectors from ORBX?

I tried de-activating all roads, rivers, etc. in the UTX config tool.

But when starting the flight, it´s no vector-data used (missing highways, etc.).

After disabeling the entire UTX, all roads are positioned correctly.

So it seems like I´m missing the opportunity to use all vector data from ORBX together with the UTX LC.

Cheers, Matthias

Same here, and also no Ocean (Wood all there).

Solution- put Vector higher then UTX-that works here fine

Do you mind elaborating on this  ? what do I have to put above utx ? just orbx!vector_aec on top of everything else ?Would it have to be placed also on top of orbx!openlc  and ftxaa_orbxlibs ? The orbxlibs are placed first now.

Tia

Hi,

I have the small things on highest (79 to 100), exept the big Areas from Orbx they come first (1 to 79), then the bigger Areas and UTX is nearly in the middle at prior 150 from 300 entrys.

What I do, is to put ORBX-Vector (OrbX!Vector_aec is still below - untouched)on prior 149  in the libary.

The manual says that UTX "Landclass"- entry can be active ( within FSX scenery lib) if the user want it to be active. All the other UTX entries should be deactivated.

Is it necessary to deactivate UTX entries entrys in FSX scenery lib prior installing FTXGlobal Vector?

Regards

I tried with deselecting in the library, rather then using the UTX configtool.

Looking good so far.

I was missing golfcourses, too. But after reactivating the utx groundpolygons in the lib, they are back on.

Still not sure about the utx waterclass entry and other entriey besides the roads, rivers, etc..

Any ideas?

Cheers Matthias

Why are you even trying to use UTX with FTX Global and Vector?

People, you are asking for these issues.

That's probably why you are not seeing a ton of official support in this thread. Dump UTX. It is redundant and it will interfere. There are about 20 threads that describe Global and OpenLC and Vector and what they do. Yes, I know you paid money for UTX and you like it and all that.... I get that, so did I actually. For years it was really the standard. But now it is time for it to move over and find a nice spot on the shelf. I

f you can find a way to make it work, good for you, but all of these products are not meant to co-exist in a friendly manner.

• Upvote 1

I read this, but what will I do if it not work with UTX :mellow:

Uninstall UTX. Which you should have done before you installed Vector.

Uninstall UTX. While waiting for the Global landclass areas you can use others, like Scenery Tech I believe.

Ciao

Yes. I have been using ST and it's not bad. And not expensive, for sale right on FSS. Or just hang on and wait for OpenLC packs to arrive.

• Upvote 1

Why are you even trying to use UTX with FTX Global and Vector?

People, you are asking for these issues.

That's probably why you are not seeing a ton of official support in this thread. Dump UTX. It is redundant and it will interfere. There are about 20 threads that describe Global and OpenLC and Vector and what they do. Yes, I know you paid money for UTX and you like it and all that.... I get that, so did I actually. For years it was really the standard. But now it is time for it to move over and find a nice spot on the shelf. I

f you can find a way to make it work, good for you, but all of these products are not meant to co-exist in a friendly manner.

That's why - from Manual:

FTX Global VECTOR directly competes with UTX, since we replace vector data contained UTX. You have a lot of

configuration options available using the UTX configuration tool and we recommend you take time to explore

what works best when FTXG and Vector are combined. More than likely most of the features of UTX will clash

with Vector. If you are wanting an interim landclass solution until openLC arrives, then it is entirely possible to

disable all UTX features excepts it’s landclass layers.

I´m not throwing utx out of my system, because I still want the LC, as it was said to be possible in the offical announcement.

I don´t see the point in spending more money on an additional LC product while waiting for the third LC product to arrive.

Dont get me wrong, I really fancy the orbx products and will defenitly switch to open LC.

But it´s a wee bit annoying to realize, after installing vector, that a mesh product is needed, as well as ORBX Global (what I luckily own, already) to properly run the entire thing.

So I think, it´s fair enough trying to keep the UTX LC until Open LC will be released, don´t you think?

After all, de-installing utx would provide me a less accurate environment, even though I just bought Vector in order to optimize it.

So, some more "official" input would be sort of future minded, keeping the bigger picutre in mind.

Sorry guys i'm on P3D v2 ...So FSX no longer plays on my rig...but it should be very self explanatory..Do not move any thing around ..Plus i will suggest keeping the library scenery active...just go to your UTX scenery tool and uncheck everything that has to do with UTX vector scenery, like Hwys, Roads,  main water bodys, coast lines, bridges, rail lines...it its very simple..just keep the landclass and waterclass active and uncheck everything that is left.    

It isn't necessary to remove UTX in order to use Vector. Go into the UTX config tool, and de-activate everything except the landclasses; and then in the other terrain features section leave golf courses, cemeteries, and parking lots activated. Run FSX, and in the scenery library uncheck all UT entries except for the 4 landclasses (I'm including the UTX waterclass feature if you want it) and the ground polygons entry.

You will (or should) then have all functions of Vector, plus you will still have golf courses, cemeteries and parking lots around stadiums in your scenery. When the first Vector patch is available (if it makes it in the first patch), you will be able to deactivate the golf courses in the UTX config tool as that is promised to be fixed. As for cemeteries, parking lots and perhaps some other types of ground polygons, we may get those (and perhaps other special types of polygons) when OpenLC is completed and available sometime next year, and at that point UTX will no longer be needed.

Hope this helps some of you!

• Upvote 2

[i´m not throwing utx out of my system,

So, some more "official" input would be sort of future minded, keeping the bigger picutre in mind.]

In my preliminary checking; UTX USA ALASKA and CANADA (all three) are superior to having

just Vector in those regions. They appear (without editing UT configs) to override anything Vector has to offer. I'd be interested in hearing anything about 'conflicts' between these files since I think UT correctly overrides Vector in those areas, and works very well for those who have it. Example.. Bethel Alaska. Also, everything within an Orbx region (say SAK) completely overrides anything in Vector ( or UT Alaska)- my response to misinformation from another post.

Dave

The OP was interested in substituting the Vector contributions in conjunction with the UT landclass, and I don't think that has been answered yet: How to do that?

[i´m not throwing utx out of my system,

So, some more "official" input would be sort of future minded, keeping the bigger picutre in mind.]

In my preliminary checking; UTX USA ALASKA and CANADA (all three) are superior to having

just Vector in those regions. They appear (without editing UT configs) to override anything Vector has to offer. I'd be interested in hearing anything about 'conflicts' between these files since I think UT correctly overrides Vector in those areas, and works very well for those who have it. Example.. Bethel Alaska. Also, everything within an Orbx region (say SAK) completely overrides anything in Vector ( or UT Alaska)- my response to misinformation from another post.

Dave

Why did you even buy Vector, in this case?

Thank you BaronKen. Looks not so practical and I am afraid in such way there are risks somehow UTX will conflict anyway with Vector, so to make difficult reporting issues within Vector itself. Maybe I'll try it with the Scenery Tech landclass instead.

Inviato dal mio Nexus 4 utilizzando Tapatalk

Why did you even buy Vector, in this case?

Probably because to have correct vector data in the rest of the world that is not covered by UTX. I bought it for the same reason and will not throw out UTX until I have a comparative look at ORBX LC when it's out.

It isn't necessary to remove UTX in order to use Vector. Go into the UTX config tool, and de-activate everything except the landclasses; and then in the other terrain features section leave golf courses, cemeteries, and parking lots activated. Run FSX, and in the scenery library uncheck all UT entries except for the 4 landclasses (I'm including the UTX waterclass feature if you want it) and the ground polygons entry.

You will (or should) then have all functions of Vector, plus you will still have golf courses, cemeteries and parking lots around stadiums in your scenery. When the first Vector patch is available (if it makes it in the first patch), you will be able to deactivate the golf courses in the UTX config tool as that is promised to be fixed. As for cemeteries, parking lots and perhaps some other types of ground polygons, we may get those (and perhaps other special types of polygons) when OpenLC is completed and available sometime next year, and at that point UTX will no longer be needed.

Hope this helps some of you!

OK! I decided to give it a try. I disabled UTX only in the scenery library, it seems like the faster way to me. I am leaving only the landclasses like you say, what about "UTX Exclusions for Default Scenery" ?

Ciao

Andy, if you are only wanting to use UTX landclass, then disable UTX Exclusions for Default Scenery as well as all the other UT entries except for the landclass entries.

Keep in mind though that at this time you will not get golf courses until Vector is patched, as well as some other types of special polygons until OpenLC becomes available if you disable UT ground polygons.

Andy, if you are only wanting to use UTX landclass, then disable UTX Exclusions for Default Scenery as well as all the other UT entries except for the landclass entries.

Keep in mind though that at this time you will not get golf courses until Vector is patched, as well as some other types of special polygons until OpenLC becomes available if you disable UT ground polygons.

Ok Ken, thank you. In that case I leave also the polygons entry and deactivate all but golf courses etc. from the UTX tool. I am afraid polygons could confict with Vector anyway, or not?

I experienced no conflicts so far with ground polygons, all 3 lc and waterclass activated. Rest is disabled.

Good luck trying.

Cheers Matthias

Andy, personally I am using the golf courses, cemeteries and parking lots for stadiums polygons with Vector and so far am not seeing any conflicts.

To be clear, when Vector is patched to include golf courses I will disable golf courses in the UTX setup tool; and I am hoping that at some point cemeteries, parking lots and perhaps a few other special types of data will have been added to Vector. If that happens, then when OpenLC becomes available I will at that point remove UTX from my system as it will no longer be needed. Until that happens UTX and Vector can co-exist with the guidelines I've given you.

Have fun and enjoy Vector!

The UTX waterclass setting is available in your UTX setup tool; it allows you to choose between 4 (if memory serves me correctly) different types of water appearance texture sets. If you've never played with it, give it a go! You'll find it under the Terrain heading in the setup tool.

So, just to summarise:

If we want to use Vector and keep using UTX landclass, we need the following steps to be done:

1) No uninstall of UTX is necessary. Apparently leaving it installed does not create issues with Vector

2) Open UTX set up tool and deactivate ALL features except the 4 landclass/waterclass entries

3) In FSX scenery library uncheck ALL UTX entries except landclasses

My only doubt remains which priority must Vector be given in the Scenery Library. I guess certainly below ALL addon Airports, but what about the UTX landclass entries that have been left active ?

Regards 

I did not move it in the library.

So far I ran into less probs then in other parts of the wolrd, that are not covered by any UTX product.

I kept the ground polygons, too. In config tool as well as library.