Here is the context of my recent "where am I" question: Departing Innisfail...

L8GJs.jpg

... over Johnstone River...

qRkLm.jpg

... and the sugar cane fields south of the airport:

MjcUE.jpg

Passing Dunk Island...

zya6F.jpg

... and Hinchinbrook Island. Maybe the beaches are quite lonesome, I would suspect salt water reptiles find this place inviting?

dkBI6.jpg

So, turning inland to Wallaman Falls. Though not photorealistic (a pity...), but at least easy to spot in FTX. There is potential for AU 2.0!

ZQ4e.jpg

The landscape north of Ingham. Rivers, and flat Australian hills.

HUhaG.jpg

Cane fields just north of Ingham. I can almost smell the distillate...

b5Hlf.jpg

Forrest beach. Even though I am German I suppose I won´t need to drop my towel early there, to block space.

Mgcfr.jpg

Traffic, traffic: A DHC-6 on final to Palm Island...

QUtKI.jpg

... and myself downwind to Townsville.

NESY0.jpg

AI traffic in DX10. Finally it works! Thanks to Steve´s patch.

csHOI.jpg

Tied down in Townsville.

euHFV.jpg

I did not know about the sugar cane in Oz , great "Where am I" post Gerold . Make sure that when you are on the beach ,  that you don't drop your

swim trunks also . I understand they do that quite a bit down under . :lol:  :lol:

Cheers

Brad

• Upvote 1

I did not know about the sugar cane in Oz , great "Where am I" post Gerold . Make sure that when you are on the beach ,  that you don't drop your

swim trunks also . I understand they do that quite a bit down under . :lol:  :lol:

Cheers

Brad

Well, I just learned it from FTX and google earth. That IS a way to discover the world and check places you need to see in reality. And with this knowledge the famous Bundaberg rum makes quite a sense... ::)

Well, I just learned it from FTX and google earth. That IS a way to discover the world and check places you need to see in reality. And with this knowledge the famous Bundaberg rum makes quite a sense... ::)

Absolutely agreed Gerold! Today I flew in the region and thought, okay, very nice countryside around here. I never heard of sugar cane plantings in Queensland, I even didn't know something about Bundaberg Rum.

Bundy and coke is a very refreshing drink on a hot summers evening, love it.
  • Upvote 1