FTX Global VECTOR - New comparison shots in Asia/Oceania

Hello all,

We are not far from FTX Global VECTOR entering beta testing, so here are a few pre-beta before/after comparisons in some locations in Asia and Oceania.

You can clearly see the improvements the VECTOR product makes to FTX Global, and this is without the openLC layer included, which will vastly improve the results further.

eYjBm.jpg

nG4Ka.jpg

vyxPF.jpg

XymD.jpg

4HklR.jpg

cgdem.jpg

l7rZS.jpg

093O.jpg

PztW8.jpg

l01cZ.jpg

xZ9BI.jpg

vyrq.jpg

And a bonus 'after' shot from Taipei:

uRHy4.jpg

Obviously we are early in the development cycle but there will be many more screenshots to come in the coming month as we work towards a late November/early December release.

• Upvote 2

Desperately waiting for the LC... Now we have the great textures, but quite a large part of the world (especially the coastlines and waterways) still look sad on account of FSX's original landclass.

Cheers

Mallard

Looking great guys... Will likely push me over the edge and make me switch from UTX/GEX, which will then also drive me to buy Global Base pack... smart move guys  8)

Quick question; when and on what schedule do you anticipate to release the OpenLC packs?

These shots look really promising John. For me, there is actually no further need to support decision making whether to buy Vector or not - but I would really like to see some comparison shots of Germany. Especially the coastlines at the Baltic Sea and the lakes of the hinterland are quite differently structured and the rendering has so far been truly inadequate. Of course there will always be some bean-counters who will examine even the dimmer nooks and crannies in their closer region (as for me, I'm missing for instance the lake of Richtenberg, but no matter). I'm just curious - however, seeing the lake of Richtenberg is certainly not a precondition to purchase :)

You can clearly see the improvements the VECTOR product makes to FTX Global, and this is without the openLC layer included, which will vastly improve the results further.

xZ9BI.jpg
vyrq.jpg

John,

I noticed in the above shots that a couple of the "3-D" bridges that are in the FSX default vectors are gone in the FTX Global vectors. is that something that's going to be rectified before the release, or are the FSX default bridges not the correct style in the first place?

Thanks,

Michael

hmmm. looks good, but still hate the roads cutting through everything, I know there won´t be an option to disable roads. Could we tweak files to get rid of the roads ? I would love to have the costlines and rivers and everything but the roads...it´s just not for me ;)

Hi teecee,

good question: normally FTX regions remove all default landscape components and replace them with their own data. However, since the AU regions only contain partial replacement/enhancements of waterbodies then the Oceania Vector product should indeed improve those areas that weren't touched by the AU series.

Cheers, Holger

Vector covers the whole planet, every nook and cranny.

It is good to see correct coastlines, river layouts, lakes etc. outside of the US and Europe which have been both,more or less, well covered so far. This is really something new in the FS world that a FS old timer like me has been looking  forward to for a long time :)

Looking great guys... Will likely push me over the edge and make me switch from UTX/GEX, which will then also drive me to buy Global Base pack... smart move guys 8)

Quick question; when and on what schedule do you anticipate to release the OpenLC packs?

Europe before end December, North America by end March, then one pack every three months or so.

These shots look really promising John. For me, there is actually no further need to support decision making whether to buy Vector or not - but I would really like to see some comparison shots of Germany. Especially the coastlines at the Baltic Sea and the lakes of the hinterland are quite differently structured and the rendering has so far been truly inadequate. Of course there will always be some bean-counters who will examine even the dimmer nooks and crannies in their closer region (as for me, I'm missing for instance the lake of Richtenberg, but no matter). I'm just curious - however, seeing the lake of Richtenberg is certainly not a precondition to purchase :)

I will ensure Richtenberg Lake is well represented :)

John,

I noticed in the above shots that a couple of the "3-D" bridges that are in the FSX default vectors are gone in the FTX Global vectors. is that something that's going to be rectified before the release, or are the FSX default bridges not the correct style in the first place?

Thanks,

Michael

Well spotted, I saw that too. These are pre-beta screenshots and likely those suspension bridges are not in Taipei. Last time I was in Taipei I did not see any suspension bridges. Lots of scooters though! (Scooterflow perhaps?)

I guess that prior to installing FTX Vector we will need to uninstall UTX products ?

Thanks .

Carlos

Hmm, perhaps not uninstall, but disable first, compare, then decide which you prefer.

hmmm. looks good, but still hate the roads cutting through everything, I know there won´t be an option to disable roads. Could we tweak files to get rid of the roads ? I would love to have the costlines and rivers and everything but the roads...it´s just not for me ;)

Then you don't fundamentally like how FSX/P3D works, because roads have cut through buildings imagery since the terrain engine was designed over 15 years ago. That said, we are working on algorithms that detect when roads reach urban areas and we will add grey underlays beneath the roads to prevent the "roads on buildings" effect.
  • Upvote 2

Can't tell you how happy I am to see you are paying attention to Taiwan, it is appreciated! I can see from the screenshot of Taipei(my home town) is not quite as in real life since it is without OpenLC, but I'm really looking forward for it, you can take my money already! :D

There are many data sources acrued over two years. Yes OSM is a part of it but there has been a LOT of R&D to get a truly global dataset.

I can imagine it has been quite a bit of work getting an overview and aquiring all the neccessary data. Did you get it in a decent format, or did you have to create new tools to convert it into something usable?

Thank you for a great product for the flight simulator, I want to ask a question about the FS Global, Vector and open LC; after the installation of a complete package FTX is there a chance of visiting the simulator small islands of the Pacific Ocean (eg-Line Islands), which in most recent findings are not implemented in simulator by default?

• 3 months later...