EGML Damyn's Hall - Anyone for an extra helping of rural detail?

It's almost ready, EGML Damyn's Hall Aerodrome is a small but feature rich airfield debuting a brand new vegetation system to deliver the most realistic rural environment possible. It also features an improved and more realistic version of the new grass system that debuted at PAJN Juneau International.

The new vegetation and grass is automatically controlled to change colour and density to appropriately represent each season. The Ground Poly is hand textured to 2cm per pixel and this time the poly is 3D, meaning i have recreated the real-life ditches and gulleys that intersect the taxi ways, so if you're not careful you'll end up face down in the mud!

All buildings are recreated in HD based on photography of the real location (thanks to John Lovell for the onsite recon)

Emmsie will have his hands on it soon so expect some more shots before too long :)

**All these shots are 100% V key, no edits**

W86n9.jpg

gbNoq.jpg

1zbx2.jpg

G9Oa2.jpg

hMI8s.jpg

w9f0s.jpg

nJLuj.jpg

9nxgH.jpg

DN02a.jpg

AvmMV.jpg

IsXu.jpg

fg18o.jpg

UhaZ0.jpg

CyjbJ.jpg

a57pO.jpg

OhbCw.jpg

Say2T.jpg

RKzEo.jpg

5WuQ8.jpg

RpzrJ.jpg

Aoq.jpg

Russ.

• Upvote 1

That is incredible Russ.... I am absolutely chuffed to bits with this and how accurate you have mastered it....spot on..

I can even reminisce falling down a couple of those gulleys, with soggy shoes whilst trying to get the perfect shot! :)

After looking at these screenshots I'm wondering what Russ next Project will be. What more detail is it possible to be added? Perhaps insects on the grass? Moving virtually inside - outside the buildings and sitting on a chair or opening and closing a drawer? For sure Russ knows what the future will bring, and I am also sure that he will still amaze us with his incredible work.

Russ, you are the Master. Your work is out from this wold. Thank you.

Fantastic work Russ , just beautiful.

With respect , and maybe its my screen, but the third shot up from the bottom ..the track shown looks too bright .As said , it may be my screen or settings .

Top shelf as expected !

Hello Russ,

How do you guys manage to create increasing beautifull nature. It becomes more and more realistic.

Maybe the next addon for FSX can be "Nature exploring trips, plain on the ground. Here you see a pine tree, and o, look, here's Nord American blue grass, and so on. It's gonna be a race between the most beautifull and realistic plane and the most beautifull and realistic nature surrounding. 

I expect Wild Flow within a few month, so we can have an opportunity to stand eye in eye with a deer, wolf or fox, now and then.

Big compliments !

Bram Stikkel

Hello Russ,

How do you guys manage to create increasing beautifull nature. It becomes more and more realistic.

Maybe the next addon for FSX can be "Nature exploring trips, plain on the ground. Here you see a pine tree, and o, look, here's Nord American blue grass, and so on. It's gonna be a race between the most beautifull and realistic plane and the most beautifull and realistic nature surrounding. 

I expect Wild Flow within a few month, so we can have an opportunity to stand eye in eye with a deer, wolf or fox, now and then.

Big compliments !

Bram Stikkel

Now wouldn't that be something :smile: I don't think this'll run with enough FPS for me as my system somehow struggles with Elstree probably because of its proximity to London, but I simply love what you've done with this vegetation tech Russ and will most certainly be buying other such airports further from VAS-heavy areas like London for sure...its so damn impressive, realistic in appearance and beautiful, with season-flow of the vegetation to boot...Wow! :D ...the great wildernesses or more remote areas of the world would be so ideal for both great performance and such high detail together, wouldn't they Bram?

With this newly-acquired advanced vegetation skills/tech, Russ would make just the perfect person for doing some enhanced sceneries for FTX Global areas of the world with natural wonders and landscapes, areas of outstanding natural beauty: eg. National parks such as the Serengeti or Okavango Delta in Africa, Yellowstone's geyser landscapes with old faithful etc. (don't know if that already exists but would buy it if it did), the mighty Iguaçu Falls in the South American rainforest or the Angel and Victoria Falls in Africa, possibly an updated Lukla and Mt. Everest in the Himalayas...other small areas of natural wonder in Asia, Europe, North America, the tropics and polar regions too, just to site a few examples that first come to mind...but really, the choices are almost endless.

The difference would be they would be able to be more updated, more customised, detailed and natural in appearance with this amazing new vegetation tech and perhaps some wild flow, tourist/safari flow, better rendition of water class etc. and if there was enough interest, someone like Russ or Jarred Marshall could do some small local airfields/airports close by to start and end some pretty interesting sightseeing flights. Imagine the ability to do such purposeful VFR flying/touring with these types of POIs/sceneries and such advanced Russ-tech to explore en-route. Personally don't know if there's even any interest in such purposeful flights but its certainly nice to dream of them :D . Can't wait for your next new-tech airport after this though Russ...I want this but don't think I can run it so I'm definitely in for the next. That's, after my credit card takes a breath and buys me your awesome-looking Juneau! :D

Truly awe-inspiring work mate! Keep it coming. :D

Regards, in anticipation, Sid

Just incredible Russ.

I play the odd first person game and this sort of airport scenery is just as good as some first person games. I'm not saying that Flight simming is a game because it's not but this sort of scenery is just amazingly good :)