Sign in to follow this  
flyinion

3rd party airport with PNW

So, I know that PNW upgraded many of the airports in the area a bit (vs. where I've heard Australia for example is all default still).  This is obvious since when I turn off PNW and fly there KSEA goes back to two runways.  I used to run a 3rd party KSEA that added the 3rd runway in until I picked up PNW.  I'm wondering if it's possible to install the 3rd party airport and set it below the PNW entries in the scenery.cfg so that if I have PNW turned on it will overwrite my 3rd party addon and when it's off (back to FTX Global) that 3rd party KSEA shows back up?  Would I be better off just installing the 3rd party airport and let it sit "wherever" in the scenery.cfg and just uncheck it if I'm going to use PNW?

3rd party freeware.  I.e. anything but default.  I think I deleted the one I used to use from my fsx downloads, but would probably end up using this one as I like Ray's work http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?DLID=173263&Name=&FileName=&Author=&CatID=fsxafcad

edit: Just to clarify, the reason I would run this is related to my post from a couple days ago about massive blurry problems with PNW when trying to run my new (and apparently poorly thought out) acquisition of the PMDG 737 on my system at the same time.  At least with FTX Global things aren't too bad and I could live with shutting PNW off for flights up there with the PMDG (rare occasion anyway probably).

What third party KSEA?  FlyTampa is for FS9, nobody has done it for FSX yet.

There is an update to make Fly Tampas's KSEA updated to FSX and include the third runway. You must own the FS9 FlyTampa KSEA to use this fix. Found at www.flightsimblog.com   Don

There is an update to make Fly Tampas's KSEA updated to FSX and include the third runway. You must own the FS9 FlyTampa KSEA to use this fix. Found at www.flightsimblog.com   Don

In my case I definitely don't need to do that lol.  The only reason I'd do it in the first place would be so I can maybe run the PMDG 737 there.  A real 3rd party scenery for KSEA would negate that benefit.