FTX Global VECTOR - Hungary and Sao Paulo Brazil

Hello all,

Just a few more before/after comparison shots showing the dramatic improvements VECTOR brings to FTX Global in any part of the world after a single installer. Many more shots to come soon!

zGb24.jpg

y0NZe.jpg

Rr8f4.jpg

kKr9Z.jpg

esASl.jpg

ZsW3r.jpg

OWYeE.jpg

WLDId.jpg

so then.. make sure I get this.. once we get this we can uninstall all Ultimate Terrain stuff yes?

Astonishing. I was going to ask the same, may we uninstall UT?

Yes you can uninstall UT since we offer global coverage in a single installer. I've covered that off in my FAQ in the announcement already though ;)

• Upvote 1

Yes you can uninstall UT since we offer global coverage in a single installer. I've covered that off in my FAQ in the announcement already though ;)

Doesn't Ultimate Terrain also include landclass? If so, wouldn't a UTX user want to leave their UTX installations "as is" for now, and just turn off all the features (via the UTX Control Panel) that FTX Global Vector replicates, at least until the FTX landclass products are released? For example, I do a lot of my virtual flying in the Atlantic Canada region. If I completely remove UTX Canada thinking FTX Global Vector is a complete replacement, I'm probably going to be quite disappointed by the relatively crude landclass presented to me (that is until OpenLC North America comes out, of course).

Correct Michael, you have the option of leaving those segments of UT active until openLC fills the landclass gaps. A good and valid point.

In the same way, many people are using other stop-gap landclass products for the US, Canada and other parts of the world until openLC arrives for their area.

• Upvote 1

Will Global Vector also work without FTX Global Base-Pack?

See here:

Q: Can I use Vector without FTX Global? A: Yes you can, we will bundle any custom textures from FTXG with Vector so you can use it with default or other texture products. Obviously for the best results as we intended we recommend FTX Global.

Great stuff John and thanks for the drool fuel.

Question: As you know UTX vector covers things like clover leaf highway entrance and exit ramps, will see the same with ORBX-Vector and if you can expand on the other obvious question concerning a configuration type app for user input on variation, concrete/asphalt highways etc? ...hands mic to John . . .

Keep up the great work ORBX!

No disrespect for UT, it's a great product, but I want a all-in-one package for all my needs. No more hassle trying to configure "hundreds" of products to work together and "hundreds" of updates to download. FTX, conquer the world already!!!! :)

JV,

I must admit that little icon that you posted does it for me, it says so much, but having said that, I would just like to say that what you folk are in the process of doing, and have done, has taken flightsimming to a whole new level, it is really outstanding to say the least, I am certainly looking forward to the new releases as they arrive, just looking at those comparison shots above really says it all, so from my corner of the woods we would like to pass on a big vote of thanks to yourself and the team.

Much appreciated

John MacDonald

I'm actually considering putting the remainder of my world trip on hold until this comes out ... what a difference ... awesome guys, well done (and let's not forget the good people at PILOTs either).

Yeah, I was heading to South America, currently, but I stopped that trip in Central America. I'm waiting for this release to continue as well. :)

Great stuff John and thanks for the drool fuel.

Question: As you know UTX vector covers things like clover leaf highway entrance and exit ramps, will see the same with ORBX-Vector and if you can expand on the other obvious question concerning a configuration type app for user input on variation, concrete/asphalt highways etc? ...hands mic to John . . .

Keep up the great work ORBX!

Yes we will have cloverleaf motorway interchanges, roundabouts, everything like that.

No there is no config tool (already answered, and in the FAQ). If you want to vary road textures use REX or download freeware ones. We are keeping things very deliberately simple. The focus is on flying and exploring a whole new real world, not tweaking and using config tools.

Will ORBX coincidently add some autogen to the vector scenery, mayby now, maybe in future ? Streams with some grass on the sides and reed in the water here and there ? I suggested it earlier, before knowing VECTOR would come. It is possible, as one can see in the Utility vector scenery. Or would that go too far ?

Thanks for the great products you create anyway !

[from JV FAQ] Can I customize Vector using a front-end app or tool? A: No you can't. We are keeping it simple and easy to install and use. There are no residential roads and the 3D lights don't cause any FPS hit, so we believe it's best to not allow customers to customize the product because there is no need to do so. The only option you have is to not install the airport elevations at install time, but that's it

From observation of the promotional pics, I get the impression that the roads colors are a bit exaggerated in brightness. I would like to mute them a bit, maybe less 'whitish'. My first thought was that PILOTS could provide an adjustment tool for this. But the FAQ suggests otherwise. Anyone else ??

Dave Swigert

Great news John, appreciate the responses.

Simple is good, however maybe a few options for the user might be a bit more attractive, US Florida main Highway roads are almost bleached whit with black (and White) markings, in other states, asphalt white markings, others concrete etc. If user wants roads to match the local style for more realism it would certainly be a great option to have.

Florida main highway example: http://www.fhwa.dot.gov/publications/publicroads/06jul/images/morena10.jpg

Hey, what ever ORBX delivers we know we will be getting a quality product and no less.