Canberra CityScape some more shots.

Really impressive. By the way - are there any heli landing pads that are landable within the city?

Cheers

Mallard

PS - and when will Cityscape Sydney become available?

PPS - I think I might have opened a can of worms with the PS :D

Incredible shots Iain! First day purchase for me! May I ask how much of the cityscape is covered? Is it only the city centre or does the scenery extend to the outskirts? And could you post some screens of the border area to show how it blends into the AU Region?

Thanks,

Fabian

really outstanding set of shots my friend!!! The city coverage requires more than 30 mins to be flown with a prop aircraft, sw border is Wooden, se Queanbeyan, ne and nw in projection including Belconnen, AIS, university, and other big real estates, in this moment i can't check the exact suburbs names. It's a huge coverage btw :)

really outstanding set of shots my friend!!! The city coverage requires more than 30 mins to be flown with a prop aircraft, sw border is Wooden, se Queanbeyan, ne and nw in projection including Belconnen, AIS, university, and other big real estates, in this moment i can't check the exact suburbs names. It's a huge coverage btw :)

Salve Maurizio,

what an outstanding work this is! I will sure buy this, even more that my wife is from Canberra!

That brings up question. you say the sw border will be Woden, so I assume all parts of Canberra south of Hindmarsh Drive won't be modelled, so the district of Farrer won't be included in CCS. This would be a small disappointment for me personally, because Farrer is, where my wife used to live before she moved to Europe and where we still have many friends.

But I fully understand, that such a project can't include every little part of a city which spreads out so widley. I will buy it anyway. So hurry up ( :ph34r:) , the sooner the release the better: :)

Ciao, Wolfgang

As a Canberran, I must admit to being a little excited that such an amazing looking product is being made of my home town. I feel all warm and fuzzy! Given the amount of virtual flying I do in the area its sure to add much to my experience. Thanks for this one!

Just checked the coverage area in Google Maps and it`s a lot larger than I imagined. It`s unbelievable that all this was done by a single person. Personally I`m even more interested in beautiful cityscapes than airports and hope that it will be a huge success so ORBX continues to undertake projects like this. BTW the Portland cityscape freeware was the scenery that brought me to ORBX in the first place.

As I did my GA Flying with Canberra Aero Club in mid 70`s ( Around & Around in C172 VH-KUP ) Then in my Dad`s C180 VH-PJE all this just is just too much ,Thank you so much , Love it !!!! ::) 

Regards Shaun .

G'day Shaun,

PJE was the 180 that used to hang out at Goulburn dropping meat bombs wasn't it?

That would be a No , We had land at Boorowa , So back and 4Th Boorowa and Canberra we went !!! and yes it was in Goulburn but that was only for Brian Nickerson (LAME) for the 100Hr`s. Dad sold PJE to a (as you say above ) Cessnock man for Dropping, (the Rego is what sold the A/C.) only had 300Hr to tun on Eng ???

Regards Shaun

That would be a No , We had land at Boorowa , So back and 4Th Boorowa and Canberra we went !!! and yes it was in Goulburn but that was only for Brian Nickerson (LAME) for the 100Hr`s. Dad sold PJE to a (as you say above ) Cessnock man for Dropping, (the Rego is what sold the A/C.) only had 300Hr to tun on Eng ???

Regards Shaun.    

Ah gotcha. Now I remember. PJE went to Ray Curry in I guess the early to mid nineties. The one in Goulburn I was thinking of was a 185 I think run by a bloke from Canberra

Same here... almost never fly down under, but I have SP4 and all the airports.  Might be wasted money, but I can't pass it up.  :D

Perish the thought. 

Actually I never flew in NZ until I started buying ORBX products.... or even the UK for that matter.

Ah!  Kind of like, motorcyclists are often referred to by doctors as "organ donors."  Finally, all is clear! ;)

Russians refer to them as 'meat kits' as a literal translation -- basically that is their term for 'soup bones' or 'soup starter'.

Good idea. The existing Canberra under FTX Blue looks pretty decent since Canberra has so much greenery between the city centres. What you are going to love is how much real detail there is in the upcoming Canberra cityscape.  The buildings in the actual CBD are all really there, even the "Canberra Centre" shopping mall. The auto gen buildings close to the city centre such as Lonsdale Street in Braddon are very much in the character of the actual buildings. (That street in particular has been undergoing urban renewal in the last few years since the photographs for this scenery were taken!)  Certainly it would be beneficial to get to know the existing area as its is, because there will be no going back once Canberra Cityscape is released.