Sign in to follow this  
AlexF389

Shoreham to Goodwood in a Centurion.

A quick trip from Shoreham to Goodwood in the Centurion. Warming up for the (hopeful) release of the A2A C172.  Also off to Florida at the end of November for four weeks to do my PPL in a 172!  :D  :D  :D  :D   Until then, the T210 will suffice.  

Unfortunately, my B17 log has become corrupt and me being the fool I am, didn't backup the file. So while that's having some maintenance in Dubai, I'll be bombing round the UK in something small and relatively fun!

On to the shots..

A1YGk.jpg

Pre-flight checks.

MkYt8.jpg

The line.

phm6P.jpg

ATC sending me on a bizarre route to the holding point.. not gonna listen to them again.

1Gzjm.jpg

Back on the tarmac!

TniM8.jpg

Lets rock and roll!

rxH7l.jpg

Beaches are pleasantly devoid of any life.

hNK7X.jpg

Unbelievably slippery aircraft.

3ZjIr.jpg

Coming down.

JTyz5.jpg

Short finals.

1TRDl.jpg

Parked up.

That's a great one. Scenery well taken care of on your shots. Good luck on your PPL. A little advice here: if you're too good at navigation, you'll be ask to fly low level for a cross-country flight. Then the instructor might try to make you loose your track by opening the window while he's asking you a lot of questions that require you to look on your map. An open window creates a drag on one side of the aircraft and if you flight low level for a few minutes without correcting your heading, you're going to end up .... lost! ;D

Super shots Alex!

... people flow on the beach would be quite something :D , but on the other hand: Autumn is just around the corner, so the beaches may be empty anyways ;)

Wishing You all the best for Your PPL - and have a great time in Florida!

That's a great one. Scenery well taken care of on your shots. Good luck on your PPL. A little advice here: if you're too good at navigation, you'll be ask to fly low level for a cross-country flight. Then the instructor might try to make you loose your track by opening the window while he's asking you a lot of questions that require you to look on your map. An open window creates a drag on one side of the aircraft and if you flight low level for a few minutes without correcting your heading, you're going to end up .... lost! ;D

Great info here Francois!

... Well we all have out ways to educate and our ways to learn :D