FTX Global VS FSX Switzerland from Sion to Monthey and Lake Geneva

Indeed, that is a significant improvement. I hope the flight was fun - in the challenging valaisian valley.

However, having lived in this area for some years (in fact my office should have been in the middle of picture 7, where the sim shows forest...), I have to state it is still too far from reality. A landclass correction would help - and I hope it will.

Thanks for the pics, and: Please go on, show more of the region!

The FSX scenery is default but it does have UT Europe installed.

My findings have been the following: With UT installed anywhere the difference in quality using FTX Global is about 20% to 25%.

and with no UT installed the difference in quality using FTX Global is about 40% to 50%

Gerold thank you for your comments. The picture you are referring to #7 is FSX with a lot of forest. Now look at picture #8 that is FTX Global and you will notice no more forest in that area.

Gerold thank you for your comments. The picture you are referring to #7 is FSX with a lot of forest. Now look at picture #8 that is FTX Global and you will notice no more forest in that area.

Sounds better. But still misleading, as there should be steep mountains where the motorway, river Rhone and the smaller street merge. Maybe I have lost orientation a bit, and you have already been flying a bit more towards the lake. Anyhow, comparing with reality is not what FTX aims for - though it is the natural challence once you know an area well.

Nice shots and comparison, global really suits the area!

I wonder where the mesh difference comes from? Looks like there is some mesh enabled/disabled here, but global doesnt include mesh. Looking at the mountains they are a lot more defined in the FTXG shots vs. default. :)