C185F Tipella-Orcas I

Hi fellow bush pilots!

Here´s a short flight from Tipella to Orcas I (KORS) with a added short cut. Yes I know KORS dosen´t have a seabase, but this is my FSX and I land where I want LOL!

Now seriously, with all the wáter around Orcas I Island, I wonder why they don´t have a seabase, maybe beacuse theres others nearby. CYVR has one for sure, any way I hope you enjoy the pics.

AC: Carenado C185F Float.

ETA.: 35min. @ 135kts

TAS.: 27º

TC23_zps89a56e2e.jpg

TC1_zps2dfc25d1.jpg

Some rain but it wont be in our path...

TC3_zps7df0235a.jpg

Airborne...

TC4_zpsf57b1577.jpg

Now we are gonna make a right turn on the second valley to the right just up ahead...

TC5_zps061f64e4.jpg

TC6_zps9f3e7b8c.jpg

TC7_zps75915da2.jpg

We need to have some altitude beacuse we are gonna cross to the next valley to our left via a small slope between two moutains up ahead...

TC8_zpsf852858f.jpg

We crossed the valley and we are on the valley that was left to us...

TC10_zps9bcfa75e.jpg

TC9_zps32b42f30.jpg

To my surprise I discoverd a small landing strip just below...

TC11_zps666644bd.jpg

We can relax now that we left behind the valley and into a wide river...

TC12_zpsaafb5d38.jpg

Time to pull out some homemade coffe...

TC13_zpsa62e9d2f.jpg

TC14_zps131d8af6.jpg

Orbx representation is outstanding, just compare the pic with my realtime EFB...

TC17_zpsc584f1e8.jpg

Time to hit the autopilot...

TC15_zps7368d96b.jpg

Orcas Island up ahead...

TC18_zps05d0ad0b.jpg

TC19_zps1db283ca.jpg

Landing...

TC20_zpsb1fe5676.jpg

TC21_zps2a5b5897.jpg

The problem is aim gonna need a hand, cuz pushback says aim crazy :-*

TC22_zps3bb921ba.jpg

Hope you all enjoyed the trip. Thank you!

Care,

Mike

What a great use for Widgets , I bought it  last year and rarely used it . It might just make out of mothball's now after seeing how you used it Mike . Great trip

and shots to match . Thanks for posting this Mike .

Cheers

Brad

• Upvote 1

What a great use for Widgets , I bought it  last year and rarely used it . It might just make out of mothball's now after seeing how you used it Mike . Great trip

Cheers

Brad

Your welcome Brad!

Glad you liked them. Widgets is neat, specialy for this kind of flight and it´s difficult to get lost with it. It´s also great for planes with no GPS which I have a few. Just pull it out and you will see that you can make good use of it aim sure.

Thanks for your comments Brad, very kind of you, and enjoy this EFB, it´s worth it.

Take good care now,

Mike

What a great set.

Some excellent scenery, narrative and interesting gadget.

Cheers

Brad

Glad to know that I am not the only one who has brought this and forgotten about it. Still there on my desktop, I too will have to brush the dust off of it.
  • Upvote 1

Thanks everyone! I appreciate your kind comments and aim very thankful for that. It´s nice to be here and as a newbi in the Orbx fórum you have all made me feel very comfortable and at home! I thank you all very much, you are a great bunch, as with all the Orbx team!

Many thanks!

I know that some pics are full of gadgets and not much to be seen, but in a way that was the Idea. Each one has his way (or ways) of flying and showing how one dose things gives others Ideas, so aim glad that some of you are getting ideas out of this, that´s the idea!

Did I say "Idea" to many times? ::)  Ahh, I think I need to do more flying, the thin air gets my ideas going, oh not again!

Thank you mates!

Good care now, and may you all have fair weather and safe flights!

Mike

Nice "pirep" of your trip and that fswidgets program looks cool! :)

BTW, Orcas city doesn't have a seaplane base, but the island does, W49 Rosario, which is included as a bonus airport in the addon (+  WA35 clam harbour). Just FYI for your next trip! ^-^  

• Upvote 1

Nice tour, shots - and electronic upgrades of your "old" Cessna. Not only the EFB, but also the added Reality XP GPS works very precise. And the inflight comparison between Google Earth & Orbx is very nice!

Forgot to mention. You should have used Smugglers Inlet for the arrival...  8)

• Upvote 1

Nice "pirep" of your trip and that fswidgets program looks cool! :)

BTW, Orcas city doesn't have a seaplane base, but the island does, W49 Rosario, which is included as a bonus airport in the addon (+  WA35 clam harbour). Just FYI for your next trip! ^-^  

Nice tour, shots - and electronic upgrades of your "old" Cessna. Not only the EFB, but also the added Reality XP GPS works very precise. And the inflight comparison between Google Earth & Orbx is very nice!

Forgot to mention. You should have used Smugglers Inlet for the arrival...  8)

Like this shots here very much Mike - and the views at the EFB certainly are something different!

Very nice shots of that great tour Mike.

What a great set.

Some excellent scenery, narrative and interesting gadget.

Glad to know that I am not the only one who has brought this and forgotten about it. Still there on my desktop, I too will have to brush the dust off of it.

very nice set

stu

Nice shots, thanks.

Spirit

Thank you for your complements folks, very nice of you!

Kim, I missed that one! I just got KORS last week so I still have alot to discover! Heads up for letting me know. As I say, you learn something new everyday! Thanks Kim!

Gerold, yes the Cessna is upgraded with new gauges and GPS. Although I have other ac´s, I just love my C185F and what better way to show it then putting new gear on her, which work just great! She desrves it , we have been through alot together  ::)

Thank you and keep those still´s coming!

Care,

Mike

• Upvote 1