FSGenesis Europe? SHould I for FTX Global?

I've had FSGenesys products since 2006 (all of NA, Alaska, Hawaii). Have not bought anything from them since 2010.

With all the talk of FTX-Global I revived my account there and checked their current offerings.

Their Europe FSX bundle NextMap (10m) looks interesting. Before purchasing, will this improve Europe (I no do not have any other scenery/mesh/LC products outside of ORBx ENG-WLS-SCO)? Will it play well with FTX-Global? I am led to understand the answer is yes but at $69.95 (which sounds reasonable for all you get) I want to make sure before pressing the button.

I think there are two questions that need to be answered.  First of all will it actually be an improvement over FTX Global's rendering of Europe?  The screenshot previews look pretty impressive.  The second question, is will it be compatible with FTX Global?  If it has custom autogen it may not be compatible.  You should check some of the many posts by JV on the topic of autogen compatability.

No, no. FSGenesis is mesh, not textures or autogen. Therefore the question is if it will be an improvement (I think so but not sure) as FTX-Global is textures.

Of course mesh will be compatible with FTX global, since global is only textures. Thus they are 2 different things and do not affect each other. So yes FSG mesh can be used together with global and create more accurate elevation differences in the scenery. I believe after FTX AU all FTX regions have included an accurate mesh so in those regions FTX mesh will override FSGenesis mesh, but will work when outside of FTX regions.

All mesh products are compatible. All I suggest is the following:

1. Hold off with any mesh purchases until after FTX Global is released. See if you are happy with the default mesh result (you may be pleasantly surprised)

2. When buying any mesh, be sure they include airport elevation correction files so you don't end up with craters or plateaus. FTX Global does not do any airport corrections or enhancements so be sure the mesh is airport-friendly.

• Upvote 1