Sign in to follow this  
Ravenlow

Carenado Skylane 182 RG Invisible Cockpit

I just installed the Cessna 182 RG FSX and the HD cockpit but when I select the aircraft the inside of the virtual cockpit is invisible.All the gauges are there and they operate correctly and the 2D panel is ok. The spot view shows no pilot or instruments.Can anyone help me please?

I had this problem and worked at fixing it for months, both on the forums and with Carenado, (who, I might add were most helpful) all to no avail.. it appears that some video cards are not supported by some Carenado  products.. for instance, the Mooney works fine in my system, but the Cessna's do not, at least with my ATI 1900 they do not. I believe the only cure is a new video Card.... . Teecee.

Welcome to the forums Ravenlow,

If you could provide me with your system specs and also tell me if this problem happens with all 182 cockpits or just the HD one?

Many thanks,

Russ.

Thank you for responding guys.I too have had much help from Carenado without success so far. They have been very good.I have a Nvidia Ge Force 9800 GT video card so it may be the problem.However I have run the older Skylane 182RG for FS9 with the FSX patch  and the Mooney M20J with HD virtual cockpit works just fine.Other specs are-AMD Athlon 64x2 dual core 6000+3.01GHz ,4 GB ram ,Vista Home Premium.Any other info required please let me know.

Only the virtual cockpit of the newer FSX version is affected, the 2D panel is ok as is all cockpits for the older FS9 182 RG with FSX patch.I have uninstalled and reinstalled a number of times with no success.I have tried with and without account user control turned on.

Ray

Sounds very strange Ray! if Carenado have not been able to solve it for you then i'm not sure i can be of any help in that case. It's obviously a problem with that particular plane in your installation, but is not related to my HD texture set so i'm out of ideas!

I know others on this forum have had similar problems with different aircraft, so maybe someone with first hand experience can chip in here and be of some help.

Just out of interest, can you confirm your SP2 / DX10 situation?

Russ.

Thank you Russ. It works in DX10.  I didn't realize that it was DX10 exclusive. I thought it was optional.I do not use DX10 because it does not work well on my computer-reduced scenery effect,reduced frame rates and no progressive taxi. However you have solved my problem and I thank you again for your help. 

The strange thing is, it's not DX10 exclusive!! i run it in DX9 and so do many others! I had actually thought that you were already runing in DX10 and that changing to DX9 might solve your problem, turns out to be the other way round....very strange! DX10 is'nt even fully supported by FSX, hence the "DX10 preview" option, it's more of a "bolt on" feature. FSX was designed from the ground up in DX9 therefore all planes are native to that standard......But hey, i'm glad you found a way to enjoy the aircraft  :D

You could try downloading the latest nvidia drivers for your card, as ideally you want to return to DX9 but keep the cockpits working, might be a driver issue!

Russ.