FTX AU Cityscape Canberra - some other shots

Looks excellent Maurizio! This will be an absolute must have once it is out!

Me and the family will be VFR in real world Canberra, 29 July - 04 August. No, not VFR as apposed to IFR, but Visiting Friends & Relatives (my better half is a Canberra girl :) ).

Cheers Wolfgang

Looks great, I live in Canberra and I'm dam keen to get this purchased. I'd be happy to help with beta testing too.

A minor thing, that park in Vernon Circle doesnt have so many trees and has a huge flagpole in the centre. Also, AFAIK there is no lights that are visible via air at night inside vernon park, only the street lamps for Vernon Circle road. Not far from Vernon road is Constitution Avenue where the health club is, and that has a large olympic swimming pool which would be great to have visible in this addon. 

Your parking lots around the magistrates court and the theatre look awesome, great stuff 

Looks great, I live in Canberra and I'm dam keen to get this purchased. I'd be happy to help with beta testing too.

A minor thing, that park in Vernon Circle doesnt have so many trees and has a huge flagpole in the centre.

Hi Nullack

I don't normally comment on statements such as the above as each to their own, however having watched the development of this scenery and seen how true to Canberra Maurizio's scenery is, within the constraints of FSX, I have to take issue with your tree counting.

Here is one of my shots of Canberra City Centre from approx the same direction as Maurizio's screenshot.  The flagpole is missing at the moment, agreed, but the tree density and placement is just about perfect IMHO. 

post-82-0-67393600-1372925512_thumb.jpg

Cheers

You know mate, I'm really pleased we as simmers are actually discussing if the number of trees in a small area is right, and if the flagpole will be included in the final release. Just *WOW*, wow. Its so awesome Orbx are doing this and I can only say, hurry up so I can give you the money for it Orbx! :)

Thanks for the beautiful comments guys and sorry for my late reply, but it seems i don't receive notifications of latest posts as before during this week :)

The tree density showed in the pics is in the situation of extremely dense autogen, so it's supposed that in lower autogen condition you should have the same the sensation of density, this is the aim of the project, because few people are used to fly in extremely dense autogen condition.

Could you show me exactly where this flagpole is? I will consider to include it if it's really is a distinctive landmark for sure. My knowledge of the territory is only due to aerial pics, so sometimes it's difficult for me to have the same perspective of people who are living there.

Anyway be sure that the whole downtown will be represented with fidelity, i am on final and so since i've waited for so long to distribute the product, also because i wanted to simulate exactly almost all the parts of the city with their suburbs included, i can also adjust some minor issues :)

Thanks for the beautiful comments guys and sorry for my late reply, but it seems i don't receive notifications of latest posts as before during this week :)

The tree density showed in the pics is in the situation of extremely dense autogen, so it's supposed that in lower autogen condition you should have the same the sensation of density, this is the aim of the project, because few people are used to fly in extremely dense autogen condition.

Could you show me exactly where this flagpole is? I will consider to include it if it's really is a distinctive landmark for sure. My knowledge of the territory is only due to aerial pics, so sometimes it's difficult for me to have the same perspective of people who are living there.

Anyway be sure that the whole downtown will be represented with fidelity, i am on final and so since i've waited for so long to distribute the product, also because i wanted to simulate exactly almost all the parts of the city with their suburbs included, i can also adjust some minor issues :)

Maurizio

Flag pole is in centre:

W8fqc.jpg

You can judge the height from this shot:

Z9JFL.jpg

PS  don't take too much notice of rivet counters, these know-all's are never any help..

You can see from these shots you have the density of trees correct.

James

PS  don't take too much notice of rivet counters, these know-all's are never any help..

Pull your head in James! The flagpole is an icon of that area. Many people myself included go there in our lunch breaks for a walk out of the office now and then. Those sorts of details add to the quality of the package.

Maurizio thinking of other icons. Telstra Tower looks pretty good in your screenshot. In the default fsx + orbx blue + canberra aiport my vfr experience for a low n slow trip over Mt Ainslie, War Memorial, Anzac Parade, Old Parliament House and new Parliament house is lacking. I think that sort of vfr trip is what I want most to see in high detail for a canberra add on. I suggest some photos, but its hard to see the wonderful sights like the spectacle of the war memorial and all the special monuments along anzac parade. Heres some photos

http://loriandjanesadventures.files.wordpress.com/2010/04/canberra-mt-ainslie-anzac-parade.jpg

http://www.nicholaseggleston.com/PlacesGallery/CaberraPics/Anzac%20Parade%20Canberra.jpg

And ofcourse the australian american memorial:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Australian%E2%80%93American_Memorial

When you say "suburbs" in your post thats got me excited to see things like fyshwick and queanbeyan and ADFA as I come into canberra airport.

Top stuff this add on is the final piece to perfection with orbx blue and canberra airport

There is another very important flag pole that should be included (if it isn't already). That is the one on Regatta Point, which is used for the flag raising ceremony on Australia Day.  It is massive, more than 36m tall, and was a gift from the Canadian govt.  

Yes Evagg, this is already in place :) I think that in despite of i have modeled all the POI by myself, very few are missing. Searching some other old shots, you can see Anzac and War memorial, plus the column with the eagle and the other buildings around.

Another feature is that the SE area, where the airport is, contains now powered nightlights. In one of the night shot you can see Fyshwick (before work in progress but now ready also in the night with all the lightpoles, as well as the entire area that the scenery covers). The suburbs are enlighted like the other major interest areas.... but words can't explain, you should have to flight above the scenery to see that's a very large area covered with the same hi-detailed items :)

IUWC0.jpg

MeuO9.jpg

BxuyK.jpg

R4NnV.jpg

zqG4g.jpg

pmB25.jpg

oKJDS.jpg

7Wr5R.jpg