Following the Columbia River - Part 4

Part 4 of my journey along the Columbia River: Electric City to Richland with an overnight stop at Wenatchee.

cpI3G.jpg

Grand Coulee Dam

mxjc.jpg

Ldn8g.jpg

F8xJz.jpg

c3uW.jpg

F1ceo.jpg

Chief Joseph Dam

4g2l.jpg

RMkBI.jpg

Wells Dam

cLwIN.jpg

Chelan Municipal Airport

XBVd7.jpg

GcPTh.jpg

Rocky Reach Dam

o5Ddh.jpg

My trusty An-2 at Wenatchee (edited a bit ::) )

BCcNv.jpg

Takeoff from Wenatchee the next morning; Rock Island Railroad Bridge

1lgGB.jpg

Rock Island Dam

LgPhF.jpg

mh5be.jpg

XwWM.jpg

Vantage I-90 Bridge

QMszo.jpg

Wanapum Dam near Vantage

dvkPc.jpg

Priest Rapids Dam

Xhfql.jpg

Part of the Hanford Nuclear Facilities

rAdvu.jpg

qCl.jpg

Dunes at the Columbia River near Richland

Sorry for so many pics. I nearly broke Alan2's record of 23 shots. ::)

Enjoy and thanks for looking!

Fantastic stretch of river you captured very well . I am glad you gave yourself plenty of airspace over Hanford , it is suspected to be leaking nuclear waste again .  >:(  >:(

Brad

Gorgeous set of shots Karsten !! I never saw the dunes before, almost looks like waves coming in and I thought wait a minute there is no beach on the Columbia river, is there ???::)

Adam

Great set of shots Karsten , i like them all ::) and thanks for the tour!   (Just bought the An-2 and it is a great plane. I have a question though, when i start the engines i hear a continuous noise like a whistle, any idea how can i get rid of it?)

Beautiful - and interesting!

Thanks, Fritz

Excellent post Karsten!!!! Great shots of the scenery and the plane.

Fantastic stretch of river you captured very well . I am glad you gave yourself plenty of airspace over Hanford , it is suspected to be leaking nuclear waste again .  >:(  >:(

Brad

I've read a bit about Hanford because of this tour and it's really embarrassing what happend and happens with the nuclear waste and the environment there. >:(

Gorgeous set of shots Karsten !! I never saw the dunes before, almost looks like waves coming in and I thought wait a minute there is no beach on the Columbia river, is there ???::)

Adam

Here is a real life picture of the dunes: http://www.panoramio.com/photo_explorer#view=photo&position=21&with_photo_id=4145456&order=date_desc&user=798583

Cracking shots indeed Karsten, im enjoying looking at your journey.

cheers

Iain

Great set of shots Karsten , i like them all ::) and thanks for the tour!   (Just bought the An-2 and it is a great plane. I have a question though, when i start the engines i hear a continuous noise like a whistle, any idea how can i get rid of it?)

I'm sorry Mike, couldn't help you with the whistle problem. Haven't noticed strange noises so far, but i will listen to the engine when i'm back from work this afternoon. Maybe Edward Snowden isn't in Moscow anymore, but in your An-2 in Nicosia. :D

Thanks a for your kind comments mates. They are much appreciated. ::)

Try their forum : http://forum.sibwings.com/viewforum.php?f=29

I have posted question's and have gotten quick feedback . 

Brad

A "Dam"ned good tour Karsten, with my speacial thanks for the exploration of Hanford Nuclear Facilities- I had alread planned to pay it a visit later this summer, if the ATC allows  8) !

Thanks a lot Gerold. The Columbia is more a sequence of reservoirs than a river. I think this was my first and last visit of Hanford. It's not a beautiful place, just desert and radioactive waste. 

Great set again, lovely trip again, thanks to share this!

Thanks a lot Dolf!

What a great line-up here Karsten!

Superb shots all the way from top - down!

And the dunes in the last one look fantastic!

All supergreat!

Outstanding set of shots here Karsten. Your water, clouds and other settings are absolutely perfect for this area of North America. Thanks for taking the time to share these with us. :)

Thank you very much Christoph and Jocko. ::)

I've read a bit about Hanford because of this tour and it's really embarrassing what happend and happens with the nuclear waste and the environment there. >:(

Here is a real life picture of the dunes: http://www.panoramio.com/photo_explorer#view=photo&position=21&with_photo_id=4145456&order=date_desc&user=798583

I'm sorry Mike, couldn't help you with the whistle problem. Haven't noticed strange noises so far, but i will listen to the engine when i'm back from work this afternoon. Maybe Edward Snowden isn't in Moscow anymore, but in your An-2 in Nicosia. :D

Thanks a for your kind comments mates. They are much appreciated. ::)

No worries Karsten, i will have a look into their forums!