Sorry mates, this is going to be a post with many (19) pictures. Have the v key worn out, but the fun was great here...

Starting in McCall with Jaydor´s latest delivery: German flight training.

YSkr.jpg

What a contrast: starting in a green valley, and as soon as you cross the first mountains to the west, you reach a slightly deserted area (may be Weiser river?):

28rHU.jpg

wfrJ.jpg

Crossing Oxbow dam, it seems obvious why this river is named Snake river:

GPNxi.jpg

Following the Snake river northwards. I am sure, when you see this picture you will get the same idea as I got...

O53Dm.jpg

Yippieyeeeeahh - flight training can be fun!

u7sWo.jpg

lmcwt.jpg

jishq.jpg

pHxKP.jpg

Ygvnb.jpg

yJ8Ax.jpg

Dyj9.jpg

Slowing down at the northern end of Hells Canyon...

o6ET8.jpg

Like another golf match in Lewiston?

3cS0Z.jpg

Relaxing over the Palouse plain...

uJjGx.jpg

... then passing Lake Coeur d´Alene ...

ExB5b.jpg

... heading towards Spokane.

qNB0x.jpg

Why did the ATC assign rwy 21L for me? Gents, this bird is a fast one!

Azi6a.jpg

Well, that was a ride. Breathtaking, but great fun. Now, safely parked in Felts, it is time for a beer. Or two.

E9fuG.jpg

Thank you for your comments, men!

Excellent Gerold, enjoy those beers..  :)

James, I hope I used the flight training livery in a adequate way...

Super trip indeed. Hope you made it in time before the bar's closure...

Thanks for the awareness. I did proper planning, started the flight 2 hrs after sunrise, so there was indeed some time left to have a drink before bar´s closure...

Nice river canyon 'napping', awesome shots. It's amazing just how fast that bird will get moving if you open the throttle and prop to much and don't keep an eye on your speed. I was so used to flying aircraft of similar size and look that when I first purchased her I was constantly having to scrub off speed during approaches because I was 'over doing it' 10 miles out and during decent hadn't even lost much velocity for landing.

It's a fantastic aircraft.

Nice river canyon 'napping', awesome shots. It's amazing just how fast that bird will get moving if you open the throttle and prop to much and don't keep an eye on your speed. I was so used to flying aircraft of similar size and look that when I first purchased her I was constantly having to scrub off speed during approaches because I was 'over doing it' 10 miles out and during decent hadn't even lost much velocity for landing.

It's a fantastic aircraft.

Correct, Jocko. Picture #6 shows the 240 kts at 80 % throttle, so I had to lift it to make the curve. Nice challenging plane - and canyon... .