FTXGlobal - Video - Copenhagen vs Default, Carenado C210

Hello all,

For this comparison video I did the following:

• Virgin FSX install, then added FTX Global, no landclass, mesh, airport, scenery or any other addons apart from REX

• Disabled the external FPS limiter and set frames to unlimited in FSX.

• Added the default weather theme "Building Storms"

• Installed REX environment

• Installed the Carenado C210 with Garmin glass active in the VC

• Set season to Fall, mid-afternoon

Key things to look out for:

• Comparable FPS with Default and FTXG, same fluctuations from 30-42FPS (a good case for external limiting)

• FSX Default has lots of "desert" textures, sparse autogen

• FTX Global has much denser autogen, no desert, no flickering objects

>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=veluNVIzXDg

Hey JV.....What do you use for External FPS Limiter? I just been using the built in one on nVidia Inspector. Doesn't seem to work that well though. Got it set for 30 FPS but it still spikes up to 55-60 and back to 30.

Awesome video by the way. Cannot wait..............

Jeroen (JFX) is keen to make the official trailer, but we're waiting on late beta before we do that.

That would be so nice to have it filmed using the "windows idea". Remember, the one you used to promote FTX AU back in 2008-2009. I loved that vid! And it's great in terms of comparison.

That's the vid I'm talking about:

Sorry John,but in some places the blend of the textures is far from perfect...hope the problem can be solved before the release

That is not in our textures, looks like some chunk of photoreal from default POI objects at Copenhagen, I'll check it out, thanks for the heads up.

The 'desert textures' you speak of can be reduced greatly by installing Adam Mills replacement FSX textures available at the two biggest FSX sites. 

Thanks for the tip, I am sure many people are using Adam's and other various fixes for the desert textures. I know that it bugs me that's for sure. It's just one of the benefits of FTX Global though, without having to trawl through various freeware libraries for band-aid fixes.

Hey JV.....What do you use for External FPS Limiter? I just been using the built in one on nVidia Inspector. Doesn't seem to work that well though. Got it set for 30 FPS but it still spikes up to 55-60 and back to 30.

Awesome video by the way. Cannot wait..............

Read my sig :)  I use the nVidia inspector FPS limiter, you need to set it to 30fps and also half-sync (two different pull-down boxes) before it works properly. In this video I disabled the Inspector limiter. If you want help with getting the Inspector limiter working for you by all means open a new topic in the Tips & Techniques subforum or search previous discussion on it.

That would be so nice to have it filmed using the "windows idea". Remember, the one you used to promote FTX AU back in 2008-2009. I loved that vid! And it's great in terms of comparison.

That's the vid I'm talking about:

Yeah that was an absolute labour of love by Andreas Paschen which took him many months. Maybe he wants to do it again?

Sorry John,but in some places the blend of the textures is far from perfect...hope the problem can be solved before the release 8901555039_5cc5543a7e_o.jpg

Eagle eyes!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG GALAXY Note ll using Tapatalk 2

Would be interesting to see if this issue persists in P3D. P3D is known to have better (albeit not perfect) default lanclass than FSX.

Regards, Michael

Read my sig :)  I use the nVidia inspector FPS limiter, you need to set it to 30fps and also half-sync (two different pull-down boxes) before it works properly. In this video I disabled the Inspector limiter. If you want help with getting the Inspector limiter working for you by all means open a new topic in the Tips & Techniques subforum or search previous discussion on it.

Thanks John......................Have not done the "Half-Sync". That is probably the issue....

Would be interesting to see if this issue persists in P3D. P3D is known to have better (albeit not perfect) default lanclass than FSX.

Regards, Michael

It's not a landclass issue, rather its likely a piece of photoreal imagery used for Copenhagen default parks and buildings. Like I said, I'll check it out if it exists in default and if not we'll correct it.

Nice to see that FTXGlobal have no impact on frames versus default 8) Looking forward to the release, have started preparing by installing UTX and lots of other scenery around the world so I'll be ready going global ::) .

Copenhagen looks fantastic with FTXG and with correct representation of the National Stadium and Parlement.

I hope it works well with the fantastic freeware Denmark Scenery package which has most of the downtown buildings and landmarks.

Hey John, and thanks for the video.

I must say that i was a bit sceptical , when Iian Emms presentet some pictures from København (Copenhagen),

but i have to say that i was very wrong, it looks amasing (i think there have been some changes, ex. Østerbro Station) ::)

I can see Københavns lufthavn (ICAO:EKCH), in the background aprox:0.26 sek in the video. I guess you havent change the Airport :-[

Thanks again

Best regards

Henrik

The credit card is literally itching to be abused!

Great work! I have spent the last two weeks doing a very painful peace meal reinstallation of FSX and many many add ons in preparation for the biggest thing to hit FSX!

Hey John, and thanks for the video.

I must say that i was a bit sceptical , when Iian Emms presentet some pictures from København (Copenhagen),

but i have to say that i was very wrong, it looks amasing (i think there have been some changes, ex. Østerbro Station) ::)

I can see Københavns lufthavn (ICAO:EKCH), in the background aprox:0.26 sek in the video. I guess you havent change the Airport :-[

Thanks again

Best regards

Henrik

I didn't see Christiania but that would probably be asking to much :lol:  :D  8)

Hey Kaboki.

NOW Orbx is a bit ahead there, i must say, or is it just a lucky strike??

Christiania (Copenhagen not Norway) ::) was Privatize/capitalized for a year or so, ago, so i think there isent mutch of the

Free and random buildings back, let os say  in 2-3 years time. :-[

So it will be (in time) just as boring and conform as any other places. :

Best

Henik

Hey Kaboki.

NOW Orbx is a bit ahead there, i must say, or is it just a lucky strike??

Christiania (Copenhagen not Norway) ::) was Privatize/capitalized for a year or so, ago, so i think there isent mutch of the

Free and random buildings back, let os say  in 2-3 years time. :-[

So it will be (in time) just as boring and conform as any other places. :

Best

Henik

Yeah, It's sad really, the world needs breating spaces like that and people that are thinking in alternative ways. I have relatives in Denmark, so I always visit Christiania when I'm down there. Always get a relaxed feeling being there and it's not just herbs that do it 8) . It's a great relaxing athmospere that I've never experienced anywhere else, and the people that lives there are very nice. Bevar Christiania! :)

They could IMO drop a bomb on that disgrace of a "Free City" Christiania you guys praise, maybe you live there?

:P

No, I don't live there but I know people that do, they've been there for over 30 years and even got the government approval after awhile as a social experiment. Removing them now I would think is cruel as there now are third generations "christanitter" that have grown found of their home. There's a lot of misunderstandings about Christiania as people always seem to beleive it's all about the free hash but It's more to it than that...allthough a good cause in itself. And where else in the world except the Netherlands can claim to have a clean "soft drugs market only" where you can shop without getting harassed by heroin dealers and all sorts of scum. I will say clean up Eastegade where the real problems are and leave Christania alone!! What would you think if someone said they would like that someone has bomded your discrace of a home?

I would like to add that I consider alchohol a far bigger threat to society than the harmless little plant, and Im saying that because I have first hand experience how bad and destructive alcohollism can be. Seen to much shit going down with that drug...

• 1 month later...

FTX Global look absolutely stunning.

And off course there are the problems with autogen. In Italy terracotta colours maybe and in Denmark the Copenhagen aint so whitish its more red

Copenhagen Pictures

Flygfoto_over_omradet.jpg

http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread.php?t=129330&page=3

Look soo much forward to experience the new FSX

Jens

Hi Jens,

You need to have realistic expectations of what FTX Global hopes to achieve. After all, if FSX default has a limited roof colour palette we cannot fix that by just replacing textures. We have improved things a lot but we cannot work miracles by having super accurate buildings and roof colour to match each city around the world, that's way outside the scope of a global landclass product.

Our openLC pack for EU and Scandinavia will of course include new custom textures and then we can possibly have more variety with roofs and buildings, because they will have their own scenery folders and custom textures.

Our openLC pack for EU and Scandinavia will of course include new custom textures and then we can possibly have more variety with roofs and buildings, because they will have their own scenery folders and custom textures.

Ah! That's news to me (I must have missed that somewhere?)! And good news it is too! I was expecting OpenLC to only be landclass: nice to hear it will also come with some custom textures! :)

OpenLC will indeed come with many Gigabytes of unique custom textures. The Baltics demo shipping with FTXG comes with 483MB of unique textures alone.

Think of openLC worldwide areas as Orbx "mega-regions" which contain hand-made LC and unique textures, but not all the other FTX region goodies like coastlines, roads, mesh etc.

By the time openLC is complete we will likely have added another 8-12GB of new Orbx textures to your FTXG installation but most areas of the world will look distinctly unique and more accurate.

Thanks for the "before and after" video John, it's something I have "harped on" about a bit and it allows a comparison to be made and shows what a great improvement FTX Global is going to be.

OpenLC will indeed come with many Gigabytes of unique custom textures. The Baltics demo shipping with FTXG comes with 483MB of unique textures alone.

Think of openLC worldwide areas as Orbx "mega-regions" which contain hand-made LC and unique textures, but not all the other FTX region goodies like coastlines, roads, mesh etc.

By the time openLC is complete we will likely have added another 8-12GB of new Orbx textures to your FTXG installation but most areas of the world will look distinctly unique and more accurate.

Holy cow! That's awesome! :)

• 2 weeks later...

FTX Global look absolutely stunning.

And off course there are the problems with autogen. In Italy terracotta colours maybe and in Denmark the Copenhagen aint so whitish its more red

Copenhagen Pictures

Flygfoto_over_omradet.jpg

http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread.php?t=129330&page=3

Look soo much forward to experience the new FSX

Jens

That's all fine, except for the fact that the photo you provided is of Stockholm, not Copenhagen - which leads me to a personal question. How can you (supposedly) live in Frederiksberg, be a fan of aviation and not tell the difference?  :blink:

Aerial photos of Copenhagen

1.png

2.jpg

Regards

Someone who doesn't reside in Copenhagen

anonymous!

You just crashed my ego :DeadHorse:

You just saw it immediately amazing

You see I just tried to find pictures of CPH and there it was a good one. But StockHolm.

But it then just stress this with scandinavia and red tiles.

Thanks though.

Thank you for the very good answers and explanation to this fantastic upgrade FTX / ORBX have contributed to FSX. 

Bought FTX Global today

All the best

Jens Michlas

Hey Julean.

I must admit that i neither recon the picture from "Copenhagen" or something else, but hey  things happend.

I resently got some Freeware Copenhagen/Denmark from  Denmark Map X, http://www.jkelloggs.dk/scenery/denmarkmapx, http://www.freewarescenery.com/fsx/denmark.html and DenmarkMesh2013.

Really better, mutch better than FSX Default.

The guy You are talking about seems to be some..Alex Lauersen, who send me a very inferieur and hateful  Mail, saying that he dont like my Avatar??? :blink: ...So Whattt..??

qMiw.jpg

PBI5n.jpg

HÃ¥ber det kan trøste dig en smule.  8) Ikke sÃ¥ rødt dog. (det er 16 Ã…r siden jeg har været i Kbh, og hukommelsen er ikke hvad den har været, men jeg husker faktisk at der er mange

skifer/ Tjærepaptage også) Jeg må se på Google Earth, tror jeg. 8)