Super captures!

... all of them!

The "top-down-view" in picture nr. 3 looks very stunning as it really captures the way how some of the major city roads look here quite accurately!

There also definitely are quite a handful of really super re-modelled local and unique landmarks visible here, which make Vienna easily identifable from above!

Thank You very, very much Iain for sharing these shots here!

... and the Danube river ...

Super!

:smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:

... even the current and rather bad weather is here as well ;)

Again Iain:

Super shots!

Can't wait to fly above FTX Global's Vienna!

Hello Iain!

From where are the landmarks in Vienna in screenshot #1? Do you use any other add-on?

Incredible!

Cheers, Fritz

Hello Fritz,

There are no other add ons in these previews only FTX Global, Rex Essential OD, and FSGenesis world terrain mesh for FSX straight from the v key as allways.

cheers

Iain

whoever did that autogen needs a raise.

I had read in another post that autogen alignment and size wasnt always controllable but it surely must be!  some great looking buildings there and every last one looks like it belongs on the textures.  very nice work.  trees and shrubs look great too. 

Thank you very much Christoph im glad you like these previews of your home area.

cheers

Iain

Hi Iain,

I know you are and have been inundated with preview requests, but is there any chance of a couple fro FTX Global over Scotland. Please.

Best Regards

John

So, after having seen these stunning shots (and all the other ones),

I can definately make use only of FS Global Ultimate (all regions) and forget UTX. Not to speak of GEX, absolutely useless being a duplicate of FTX FGlobal.
Correct?

No! FTX Global is not a vector landclass product like UTX. There will be some limited updates to landclass to fix glaring errors, and they will eventually release some more advanced "OpenLC" products, but to start with you will still be using UTX for its accurate roads, rivers, etc.

Exactly. You'll still be able to use your FS Global mesh products and UTX and combine them with FTX Global textures. Its just GEX you'll have to make that decision on. It depends if you like the GEX textures or the FTX Global textures better. And the way things are now starting to diversify according to region, I would imagine the newer FTX Global textures and changes should improve things considerably enough to justify binning the older GEX textures which will probably appear outdated and less realistic. Not to mention, FTX Global should then provide a whole new baseline sim in essence to be able to allow all sorts of new add on scenery ideas to grow from. I salivate at the thousands of ideas and possibilities that keep cropping into my head. The sim can finally truly become Global, rather than the 20% of Earth we all used to have to limit flying ourselves around in during the early years, even the UTX/GEX years. I, for one, am really excited and hoping this'll breathe a whole new life into the simming world and allow evolution with all sorts of future possible applications. In my humble opinion, this could be looked back upon in retrospect one day as one of those rare moments where things climb to a whole new level, when you think about the behavioural changes it'll breed in many of our flying habits and the options for a whole host of new products and sceneries which very much come into play because the cruising phases of flight suddenly becomes something of interest and discovery. Obviously, its different for everyone but that's just the beauty of FTX Global. A lot of potential to ease open new markets over the coming years I'd imagine and that's great news for us growing a healthy community in Global simulation. I wouldn't expect all of this overnight but more as an on-going process. But what do I know?! Just my 2 cents and flight simulation wet dreams perhaps. ::)  lol. Guess my point is, I think at some point, this product will convince you itself that its worth ditching GEX and jumping on the band-wagon. Good luck with your decisions though Farman!

Regards,

Sid