Gordon Madison

CBB7 Tipella BC, Canada Freeware Previews

Coming up for air I see! :lol:

Nice work, can't wait to use it.

Cheers,

Thad

Yeah...I thought I was close to finished till you sent me the pics Iron man....lol. Look familiar? Of course it's much more user friendly, as in wider, but that's a concession to the FSX fun factor. The north approach is quite tasty though....you'll feel right at home.

Hey, no worries Flash! I spent hours hunting them down, I'm glad you found them useful. Info on that place is tough to find. The real cherry in my believe was the picture right in the town south of the strip.

I'm sure the FS community will love it, I know I will!

Cheers,

Thad

Guys...I'm just an old artist that likes to build "purdy" stuff. While you are all in here, take a minute to acknowledge "Iron Man" Thad who put a tremendous amount of time and effort into providing me first hand pictures, flight log entries and left seat knowledge of Tipella. While I have taken great creative license in creating the sim environment here, the airstrip itself and the "feel" of approaching CBB7 were achieved in no small part with High Iron's input. In real life the place is super tough, intimidating and demands skill, respect and attention to details. I've tried to give it all three.

Thanks Thad...

Thanks for the shout-out Gordon! I'm blushing... :wub:

I think the log entries came from Francois (Orbxtreme), I can't lay claim to those. I never kept a journal for my flying.

I believe Sir, you by far had the greatest amount of work to do compared to my input.  CBB7 :banghead: Gordon

Let's face it, the info to a certain extent was self serving. ;)

Cheers,

Thad

Darn this is the first airport that I'm really anxiously looking forward to. I'll check this page almost everyday. Still nothing ...

Must still getting better then.. :)  

Looks verry awesome, outstanding job!!

Cheers

This is the Orbx scenery we've all grown to enjoy - would love to see YOUR version of Edinburgh Castle.  Very tricky with the position lights on the goose.

Tipella CBB7 is a finished package and going into the hands of the beta team for a final lookover. Once they give it the green light it will be announced on the site. The final work involved creating the seasons. Here's the final bunch of beauty shots showing the winterizing of the buildings and fauna. The atmosphere is intentionally frigid...wear your long johns.

I'll look forward to everyone's screenshots after the release.

I've enjoyed all of your comments, you're all awesome. Now on to the next project.

Cheers all.

post-27339-0-18717300-1371934905_thumb.j

post-27339-0-09619700-1371934819_thumb.j

post-27339-0-34793700-1371934827_thumb.j

post-27339-0-02852700-1371934838_thumb.j

post-27339-0-81402600-1371934850_thumb.j

post-27339-0-29045400-1371934863_thumb.j

post-27339-0-73691500-1371934873_thumb.j

post-27339-0-52724800-1371934886_thumb.j

post-27339-0-55796000-1371934897_thumb.j

Post script:

This is the Orbx scenery we've all grown to enjoy - would love to see YOUR version of Edinburgh Castle.  Very tricky with the position lights on the goose.

Yep...I'd enjoy having a go at that one. A modeling challenge, and the terrain is beautiful.

Holy shmokes!!

It looks fantastic Gordon; so scenic and peaceful.  I want to go there!

Well done mate, I can't wait.

Scotland, then this....................wow :D !!

Dom

Holy Batman!!!

Steward, Bella Coola and now Tipella. The airports up north are few and far between - but pure gold!

I just hope that JV takes a golden chain and binds Russ and you to the northwestern NA coast. I see great things coming our way...

Just stunning.

Looking very good and bloody cold!!

Wow!  That's awesome looking scenery.  I have it installed on my old computer, but haven't flown there yet.  Will do so as soon as I get all of the ORBX FTX scenery installed on my new computer.  Thanks for you hard meticulous work.  Thanks also for sharing!

Sorry to refloat an old post but I can't seem to find Tippela on the freeware download page anymore. I'm I looking in the wrong place?