Sign in to follow this  
moonman

From Whitehorse (CYXY) to Valdez (PAVD)

Hello Everyone!

Some captures from some peraonal "training-flights" with the Majestic Dash, which took me above the southern parts of the beautiful ORBX-SAK region, which in my opinion is yet another real ORBX scenery-masterpiece!

On these „training-flights“ i used to be flying from CYXY (Whitehorse) to PAVD (Valdez Pioneer Field), because i wanted to try out the LDA approach there and also really like this area so very much!

The route was almost straight forward:

CYXY-XYX(VOR)-JAGIT(via NCA13)-TMSN(viaNCA13)-PAVD, via the LDA/DME-H Approach.

Charts can be found here: http://skyvector.com/airport/VDZ/Valdez-Pioneer-Field-Airport

Cruisealtitude: FL220

ENB: REX Natural ENB to capture the "fresh air atmosphere" of SAK so to speak in an adequate light.

I was frequently experiencing some headwinds during these morning-flights and also some icing conditions in between every now and then.

So the overall flighttime was a bit longer than scheduled, but with this great scenery below the wings, i fully enjoyed it all ... and i hope my passengers too!

And i hope You do so now!

Cheers, Christoph

Take off at CYXY

GwNAS.jpg

… intercepting the assigned flightroute and climbing smoothly through 10000feet

iTXE3.jpg

Jk8.jpg

… Ice-Protection turned on and yet the „top of the props“ and the co-pilot’s window for instance will always keep some ice – just as it is in real world: Very nicely modelled!

auRtw.jpg

…

kxPgz.jpg

dYkLC.jpg

P5cOz.jpg

FhRre.jpg

… i especially liked that view somehow

d4ZA.jpg

y8giC.jpg

ofOhE.jpg

T7VcR.jpg

mY9TP.jpg

… a few more miles to the top of descend and then all the way down to PAVD

OG2kb.jpg

… no need to worry at all: The rocks here appear closer than they actually were due to the specific perspective here

HrtLN.jpg

…

Yo0Dm.jpg

4FGcn.jpg

hVWU7.jpg

… here we are: Welcome to PAVD!

jqKmV.jpg

No edits, just resized and cropped (to hide the FSX menu-bar here, which i leave turned on almost all the time)

One very last note now and regarding the cockpit-lighting. I think Majestic did a superb job with all the cockpit lighting, but due to the way how FSX handles the transition of lighting during dawn to early morning, it is a bit hard to set up an adequate interior-lighting for this specific times of day. I therefore left the dome light on almost all the time. Certainly not the best solution, but at least a good compromise i think, to not get lost in a dark cockpit!

Nice pictures Christoph,... especially those views over the glaciers... but all nice here and a very interesting flight! :)

Thank You very much for Your kind replies!

I really appreciate it very much!

SAK is amazing and this plane is very unqiue as well - and both just go hand in hand together perfectly i think!

It is great to share all these experiences while flying in the sim with You here and even greater to read then, that You enjoy it all as well!

Thank You!

Cheers, Christoph

Nice pictures Christoph,... especially those views over the glaciers... but all nice here and a very interesting flight! :)

+1

Brad

Hi Christoph , thanks for keeping us updated on your adventures  :)

Some veeeery nice shots .Well done . The paint looks excellent too . Some more maybe ....

Super nice set of shots and flight Christoph !! Love the Dash, you guys are going to make me buy that yet. :D

Adam

Hello Everyone!

Thank You very much again for Your comments!

Really chaps: It is great to read that You enjoy this set here!

Thank You very much for all Your feedback!

Cheers, Christoph

... and:

Loved the shots and storyline Christoph.  You should post more often!

Hello Dragnhorn!

Thank You very much for Your encouragement and great that You have enjoyed this set here!

I try, but as we all know just to well: Time is sometimes not on the "flightsimmers" side. But be assured: Whenever time allows it, i visit these great ORBX-forums  and also try to post some screenshots in between as well!

Cheers, Christoph

A fantastic series showing the scenery and plane in brilliant shots. Both seem to become a must-have...

Hello Gerold!

SAK is amazing and breathtaking. I know You enjoy Australia very much, but i am almost 200% sure, that You will like SAK very, very much as well - a great scenery just literally waiting to be explored!

Great landscapes, challenging approaches and landings (and take offs!) and some challenging weather will most likely always keep You "entertained" so to speak ;)

And regarding the DASH. I really like this plane and consider it one of the best add-ons currently available for FSX. It has some uniquness that may be challenging somehow, but nothing to really worry about at all. And the great thing is: It is one of these add-ons where it is just great to take Your seat in the cockpit and fully enjoy learning "how-to-fly-this-plane" step by step! It might take some attempts, trials and errors, but it never ever gets boring. There are some great tutorial videos obn You Tube and te latest tutorial flight also offers lot's of info. One thing though: Maybe wait for the next SP or update for it, as some users encounter a few issues with the current version. But i am very confident, that all of this will be adresed in future updates/SP.

Cheers, Christoph 

Hi Christoph , thanks for keeping us updated on your adventures   :)

Some veeeery nice shots .Well done . The paint looks excellent too . Some more maybe ....

Hello Alan!

It is the "Horizon-Comfortable Greener" livery, which is available at the AVSIM-library.

And regarding some more - I promise: I'll do my best! ;) 

Cheers, Christoph

Super nice set of shots and flight Christoph !! Love the Dash, you guys are going to make me buy that yet. :D

Adam

Hello Adam!

You will really like this bird i think! But as i have also mentioned just above in the reply for Gerold/Stillwater:

Maybe consider waiting for the next Update/SP. I personally have not encountered any "issues" with this great add-on and i can highly recommend it. But then again: Some users encounter some issues with it. But then again: Nothing which can not be solved. And i am very confident, that most (if not all) issues will be ironed out in the future!

Check out the Majestic website though in advance and maybe have a look at some videos at YouTube or so, so that You may get Yourself a better picture about this bird!

Cheers, Christoph