FTX Global, sweet home Chicago.

That is a fantastic series, Iain! I have just been at this place 2 weeks ago, and I am fascinated to see the most important POIs here (at least Willis & Hancock tower, Navy pier), hope there will also be Millenium park...

Though the scenery is not precise, the impression is stunning! I think it is sufficient for FTX global to get to this stage. 5 of 5 stars for this!

Dam nice Lain thanks so much Boston Logan area if you can and I wont bother you again lol pretty please

By the way FSGenesis world terrain mesh does not cover the US so you must have FSGenesis US I would assume.

Man. I can't wait. This will open up for me a lot of more interest in flying.

While I do consider myself more of a addon aircraft and systems kinda guy, scenery still matters. Will be great to have nice looking areas to finish out flight with.

Sent from my Apple communications device.

This is awesome!  Chicago is my hometown...  I have avoided flying around there in default FSX because it is so dreary, but looks like FTX Global will change that!

As another Purdue Grad, I couldn't agree more. Though I'm in Northwest Indiana. The only reason I fly in this region is for another developers Midway airport. That's it. Now I won't have to stay away. :)

Dam nice Lain thanks so much Boston Logan area if you can and I wont bother you again lol pretty please

By the way FSGenesis world terrain mesh does not cover the US so you must have FSGenesis US I would assume.

I can hardly see the relevance of any mesh here ...  Scenery seems to be flat like a pancake! 8)

OmniAtlas, on 13 May 2013 - 05:47 AM, said:

Is this ftx autogen? Very impressive

Yep, sure is.

I can honestly tell you, you're gonna be blown away by the autogen in FTX Global. My jaw has not left the floor since I been testing and performance is incredible.

I was flying over LA with all auto fully cranked, hardly any hit and it looked amazing!

• Upvote 1

Am I going to be sorry that I went out and bought all the US Cities scenery by LimeSim/Aerosoft?

I wonder if the two will at least play nicely, now that I already have it.

US Cities was developed by Sascha at Limesoft who also contracts to Orbx. I believe that they use a photoreal ground imagery base which means it will sit on top of FTX Global without too much hassle.

Edit: yep, it's photoreal

>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82QhXr0opkI

So because we only update the base FSX textures this will work fine.

Hi Ripcord,

all US Cities (I think with the exception of Las Vegas but including LA) are photoreal and as far as I recall are summer and day only. This way it's really a tradeoff: photoreal summer/day vs. Landclass/FTX Global for all seasons + night. I'll have to see what wins. BTW, there will be more regions in the world where you'll have this decision.

Regards, Michael

As another Purdue Grad, I couldn't agree more. Though I'm in Northwest Indiana. The only reason I fly in this region is for another developers Midway airport. That's it. Now I won't have to stay away. :)

I'm with you there. I live in Indianapolis and this is why I don't like flying in the Midwest: 

20121028194910248.png

Landing in KIND...

I can't wait for FTX Global!!

Thanks guys,

Well, you have pointed out more items of consideration that I had not taken into account.  Photoreal day-only is cool, when you are flying in great weather in the daytime, which I do mostly, not not exclusively.  Would like to have the night lights and the seasonal textures as well.  Hmmmm.

I used to make frequent car trips between West Lafayette and Champaign/Urbana back when I was in school...  now I'll be able to fly it without feeling like I'm flying over the desert!

I'm with you there. I live in Indianapolis and this is why I don't like flying in the Midwest: 

20121028194910248.png
Landing in KIND...

I can't wait for FTX Global!!

Yes, default FSX makes Indy look like its in a severe permanent drought ???

Yep, sure is.

I can honestly tell you, you're gonna be blown away by the autogen in FTX Global. My jaw has not left the floor since I been testing and performance is incredible.

I was flying over LA with all auto fully cranked, hardly any hit and it looked amazing!

Auto fully cranked and no performance hit?? I hope your right! That would e truly amazing.

No anti-aliasing, but very high resolution settings. Interesting I'll have to try that when I get home. I have the same video card but I'm using Direct X 10 preview so we'll see. Thanks for the screenies.

Sven

Thanks a lot Iain. I have to admit my main concern about FTX Global has been performance. If I now fly over very dense autogen with settings comparable to yours I usually get stutters now and then (examples are Vancouver 3+ and FTX London City).

Kind regards, Michael