[FTX GLOBAL] - New textures, autogen, lighting - (25 shots)

Hello all,

Here is what we've been up to in the last month. A multitude of brand new textures and also textures derived from other FTX regions, all with brand new autogen and a combination of the old and new lighting systems. The examples shown here cover many parts of the world including EU, NA, Asia, Middle East.

We'll have lots more to show you soon including promo videos.

x8YGf.jpg

mDuWj.jpg

eVvEu.jpg

7BP9x.jpg

YvoWG.jpg

m3zb.jpg

7Wzjq.jpg

PRywC.jpg

LgyX6.jpg

sIHUw.jpg

960EH.jpg

T5g2u.jpg

edWUB.jpg

PrCV9.jpg

dfJUu.jpg

hAnmZ.jpg

0BcIq.jpg

SWwL.jpg

crWT7.jpg

um0zW.jpg

Q4M.jpg

6vlo1.jpg

Rr94A.jpg

gzRhe.jpg

8W3nS.jpg

All shots made by the lead texture artist using default FSX weather, no other addons, default Baron and default landclass and mesh. This is what you would see out of the box with a fresh FSX install.

• Upvote 3

Simply amazing John, looking forward to the release.

Just one question, with Global, will it add too/change, the way Aussie, NZ, and ENG & Wales looks in their current states ?

Cheers

Phil

Essentially, no. The only thing that will change with our existing regions is when we solve the technical issue of not needing to swap between regions there will be a change to the slope calls meaning you will see more rocks and cliffs on hillsides than you do now. This will probably affect England a bit where we have fields and crops going all the way to the coastline and up the sides of hills. A small price to pay for complete compatibility though.

• Upvote 1

WOW!

Just (almost) fell off my chair after i saw these great shots here!

This looks amazing and really impressive!

Keep on with this great, breathtaking and fantastic work!

Can't wait to see all the great stuff FTX Global may hold for us flightsimmers!

AMAZING!

Cheers, Christoph

Essentially, no. The only thing that will change with our existing regions is when we solve the technical issue of not needing to swap between regions there will be a change to the slope calls meaning you will see more rocks and cliffs on hillsides than you do now. This will probably affect England a bit where we have fields and crops going all the way to the coastline and up the sides of hills. A small price to pay for complete compatibility though.

I'm more than willing to pay that price it it means switching is no longer necessary. Can't wait to finally buy all the England stuff.

Amazing preview!

Markus

Would be nice, if ORBX make a whole new tree textures and building textures for Autogen. The default building and tree textures are so boring and we need there now more realism too.

What about frame rates compared to the default textures/autogen?

There is some impact if you enable all the fancy lights, but these will be configurable. We have a new mode which is night-time lights only which frees up day/dawn/dusk FPS. Apart from the lights the only impact is the higher autogen density which is obviously much more than default.

Would be nice, if ORBX make a whole new tree textures and building textures for Autogen. The default building and tree textures are so boring and we need there now more realism too.

We do include all new trees and autogen building textures, as you can see from the screenshots.

• Upvote 1

John,

thanks for the previews! Great to see that the standard autogen will be replaced. I am tired of always seeing these stud work houses around in North Europe :wacko:

Pic #5 from above shows typical 60's buildings, suppose it's from Europe anywhere?

Pic# #1 and #2 from below could be in Middle East?

Great that you are working on a solution for FTX Central swapping matter 8)

Best regards,

Axel

I am not 100% sure of the locations of these screenshots because they were taken by one of our developers. But I can certainly see Eastern Europe, the Middle East, Mediterranean, midwest USA, Seattle, Paris, Ukraine etc in those shots.

Emmsie and John Lovell will have their hands on the alpha build soon so they will be sure to spam lots of locations and cater to many requests.

Ed Correia made the alpha installer yesterday but could not resist some flights and his reaction was very "OMG!" in terms of the improvement he saw all over the world. I was also loading up random airport locations around the world yesterday and it was hard to stop grinning at how cool every place looked. For the first time Phoenix AZ and Denver looks nice in the sim ;)

I think you guys are going to have a lot of fun exploring a whole new world :)

• Upvote 1

Only 36 more sleeps to go :D

John is there any way a PDF can be produced with regards addons etc. to get the best out of FTXG.  I understand it replaces GEX, but have read that there are some conflictions with FTX and UTX but any help would be appreciated :footmouth:

Yes the user guide will cover compatibility issues and suggestions as well as our compatibility forum here. We are not yet at a stage where we can publish too much compatibility info ahead of time because we are still only at alpha stage with technical issues to overcome.

I can use it fine with UTX if I disable certain features like their lighting and some excludes; fortunately Allen Kriesman added a nice config tool to UTX which gives you quite some control over what you can enable/disable and it will be a matter of trying what you like and what works best on your PC.

I agree 150%. A small price indeed and a giant leap forward! Keep up the good work.

• Upvote 1
You guys with the FTX global product and with the FTX landclass product, will change this sim to something new...this new world will be something outstanding!!

Can't wait to put my hands up on these two masterpieces!

I believe that I will uninstall all my Photoscenery when this comes out and that will free up around 50 Gb of HD space. And it will even improve performance in those areas. Looks like a win win product. ::) 

Shots # 1, 7 and 10 (btw: would be nice if the pictures would have numbers...) are photoreal landscapes without autogen, right? Or is it the altitude that make it looks like that? And if so: are all the buildings autogen buildings? What will be the fps in that cities? Must be hell for the CPU...

Looks great.  I already have ORBX England and Wales and intend to buy Scotland when it comes out.  After Global will ORBX continue to develop the more detailed country and regional scenery packages?

FTX Global looks outstanding,

I especially like the "fixed" small attention to details like how all the autogen buildings are properly scaled (no more 5 story entrance doors), and the proper scaling of trees finally. I also really enjoy seeing what appears to be schools and malls for the first time within the scenery making it look very realistic. I can no longer see four lane roads randomly placed and ending in farmer fields or into the front lawn of a urban house! These little things alone make this product more than worth the initial cost. P3D will look amazing. Thanks FTX team!

Cheers,

Thad

Apart from the lights the only impact is the higher autogen density which is obviously much more than default.

Will it be possible to decrease the autogen density, if problems with fps arise?

There is some impact if you enable all the fancy lights, but these will be configurable. We have a new mode which is night-time lights only which frees up day/dawn/dusk FPS. Apart from the lights the only impact is the higher autogen density which is obviously much more than default.

In one of your earlier threads is was mentioned by you that the lights have no FPS impact: http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/56194-ftx-global-new-3d-lights-system-no-fps-loss/

After some R&D we have implemented a new 3D lighting system for FTX Global which does not impact FPS at all. We have tested with 500, 1,000, 5,000 and even 10,000 lights per square kilometre and there is ZERO frame rate loss!

Now you say that there is some impact if you enable all the lights. So I am confused, how much of an impact on FPS do the lights make if you have all of them turned on? I was excited to see your older post saying that they made no impact and that was one of the features I was looking forward to most was being able to have all these lights on with no FPS hit. Now I am confused since your hinting that they do in fact hurt FPS if you have them all turned on.

Please clarify how bad they will effect FPS if we use them. Also, have you guys considered using the lights without the light poles? I know the poles dont add many polys, but when there are hundres of them trying to be displayed, those few polys can probably add up to a lot in a hurry. I wouldn't imagine that poles are very important to a lot of us since you cant really see them when your at altitude anyway.

Thanks

Wow the autogen looks very dense and more importantly, varied. I assume such density doesn't penalize fps too much John? Looks revolutionary

Passive-aggressive alert- Mr Venema has never answered or acknowledged any of my posts, hmmm I wonder wot I did wrong?! I've been as positive as anyone, in fact made enemies by jumping ship off the Xplane bandwagon..

wonderful, wonderful, really!

John, one question: how are working addons like FranceVFR or EarthSimulations or other ones, which are needing the default FSX-mode? Is the FTXG- mode a suitable substitute for the defaultmode so that these addons can work in their full beauty too, of course, if they are put above ind the library? Do you have this tested and checked already?

thanks Kai