moonman

Flying from Portland, KPDX to Jackson Hole, KJAC in a Timber’s Tubeliner

Hello Everyone!

Still getting myself acquainted with the NGX.

The simple reason for this:

As soon as FTX Global will be available, I intend to be using all sorts of various Tubeliners for longer distances, and any kind of GA plane which suits best then for shorter IFR- and/or VFR flights.

All for one purpose: To explore the entire world in the sim – ... as simple as that! :)

So – let’s get onboard …

As always: All shots unedited, just resized and cropped – if some editing was done though, it is pointed out clearly.

Everyone please enjoy,

Christoph

Taking off from KPDX a few days back and into some typical weather for this time of year and region … sad thing is: The beautiful cityscape below was hidden in the clouds and mist … (a little edit was done here in the beginning) …

Posted Image

… turning into the clouds via the LAVAA FIVE SID (unedited from now on) …

Posted Image

… getting above the weather …

Posted Image

… and into the wide open lands now … some better weather ahead and some outstanding looking ORBX scenery below. Altogether making me say: WOW! Feels as if I was there for real …

Posted Image

…

Posted Image

... winter landscapes and winter clouds …

Posted Image

… work desk …

Posted Image

... clear, crisp and cold blue skies above us and the shimmering horizons in front of us here.

I am aware of the fact that this looks very, very bright.

But I remember one day quite well when I was hiking on a mountain at the peripheral area of the Austrian Alps a few years back (in the "real world"). It was a rather mild late-winter/early spring day and the sun was shining.

Due to all the rather moderate temperatures around then and all that sunshine and snow it was just like that: An absolutely bright sky all along the horizon with a very dark blue sky above.

This specific atmosphere lasted until the early afternoon hours. I remember this situation so very well because I had forgotten my sunglasses back home. ???

My eyes were really tired after that otherwise wonderful tour. And the atmosphere in the sim here now recently was a bit like that day back then:

A wonderful late winter day with lots of sunshine from the sky and lots of snow all around the ground … no wonder that pilots always wear sunglasses! 8);)...

Posted Image

... again and as always: A joy to just “look down†…

Posted Image

… a passenger’s view …

Posted Image

…

Posted Image

… what an absolute unique approach this is! A real fantastic scenery for sure! …

Posted Image

… airport in sight now. Comming in via one of the RNAV approaches at KJAC’s RW 19: The RNP and ANP values are great, so no need for any worry at all. I have to practice these type of approaches to get myself ready flying into NZQN as soon as it’s available by ORBX ;) …

Posted Image

… isn't this landscape here just breathtakingly amazing?!!! …

Posted Image

... and here we are …

Posted Image

Welcome to KJAC!

Posted Image

Not only a breathtaking landscape, but also a breathtaking set!

Really enjoyed these pics - fantastic colours, angles and great explanations.

Thanks a lot for sharing these.

Mallard

Not only a breathtaking landscape, but also a breathtaking set!

Really enjoyed these pics - fantastic colours, angles and great explanations.

Thanks a lot for sharing these.

Mallard

+1 - Impressive set .

John

I know it still amazes me I fly to familure area's or even my house and look outside the facsimile is amazing the details obtainable on a home computor. I realy cant wait once I have built my dedicated flight sim DH Beaver of course.

Great set (and story). That PMDG NGX is the cat's whiskers, isn't it? I keep playing around with other civil jets but keep coming back to that one.

Your going to need a few pots of coffee or beer or both for that trip Christoph. :D Excellent shots !!

Adam

Thank You very much for all Your feedback!

Great to read that You have enjoyed this set!

Each of Your comments and replies is most appreciated!

Again:

Thank You very much everyone!

Cheers, Christoph

Great set (and story). That PMDG NGX is the cat's whiskers, isn't it? I keep playing around with other civil jets but keep coming back to that one.

Hello Adam!

Indeed! I actually think that getting familiar with the NGX once, offers the ability to learn flying and understanding any other plane noticeably easier.

Sure and no doubt about that:

It will always remain a most exciting thing to enter a cockpit and each and every plane has its very own, unique character ... but:

From a certain (flightsimmer's) point of view the NGX is not just a very good add-on, but may furthermore even have the potential to be something like one of the best "Flying Schools" available for FSX - at least when it comes down to leran flying current civil jets or various GA airplanes - and sure: Proper IFR flightplanning- and flying.

I think this is one of the main reason for me personally, why i like this plane so ver ymuch.

Cheers, Christoph

Your going to need a few pots of coffee or beer or both for that trip Christoph. :D Excellent shots !!

Adam

Hello Adam!

During this particular flight it was some cups of strong Darjeeling Black Tea actually! :D

But indeed: The longer the flights become, the closer I keep the beer available and at hand! ;):lol:

Cheers, Christoph

Awesome set of shots and a good story. It seems like you have a good grip on the NGX. ::)

Hello Michael!

Although there is still and always something new to learn for me, i nevertheless dare saying that - overall at least - i really feel quite home now in the cockpit of the NGX!

But then again:

Each and every flight is different, and it's great to have this always challenging and demanding plane available for the sim!

Cheers, Christoph

Nice set!!

Thank You very much John!

And a BIG "Thank You" to all at the ORBX team for offering this great simming experiences for us flightsimmers here!

... So: Heading for ORBX's next releases now ... and, later on this year, FTX Global! :)

Cheers, Christoph

Incredible set buddy, and that KJAC approach sure is fun as long as you keep the altitude high enough to dodge the Tetons :D