FTX EU WALES - EGFF Cardiff International - Final build shots [13]

Hello all,

EGFF Cardiff International Airport is in the bag and ready for final testing. As you know this airport is included free with FTX EU Wales due for release hopefully by the end of this month.

Here's some shots I took for the EGFF User Guide:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Performance is exceptionally good at EGFF; you will have no issues whatsoever with the NGX or other heavies.

That's an amazing job for a free airport. Even if it was to buy, at the right price it would be worth having without question.

For the people that have already got that airport could I ask you to add into the pdf the files to delete so there is no conflict, might save people posting in compatibility forums also. Shame as it looks great I know.

It made me smile you have a Q400 flybe parked up in your SS :)

Sorry but i'm not that happy with the pictures. The buildings and surroundings are magnificent as usual, but the apron..... The tiles look just as blurry as the aprons in YMML and YBBN, and these airports were released years ago. You gonna see the ground each time you start or land there - not very nice, IMO. Is there are specific reason for that? I think there are much better solutions out there and i know you can do better....

Dont take this too hard, you know i support FTX, but this i had to mention.... :mellow:

Chris, your right about the apron but its free and even with the things you point out its x10 better than default. I wont be using this but IMO its a nice gesture to upgrade it to how it looks for free, Wales is a must buy and so is Scotland with or without upgrades like Cardiff.

The plus to this airport is it will blend perfect to every season unlike any other.

Perhaps, since EGFF is a "free" add-on for Wales, ORBX could release a small "add-on for an add-on" with a better apron texture bringing it up to say Sim-Wings standard. I'd gladly pay a few pounds or dollars for this, and everyone who likes that apron as it is, can still use the free version.

Of course I'll buy Wales anyway, but yeah I too would like to have better quality ground textures, as other add-ons for bigger airports have. If Sim Wings and Fly Tampa can do this, I'm sure ORBX could too!

Cheers,

Markus

Hello all,

I've decided to ask 29Palms to go ahead and make a ground poly for the aprons and taxiways. I agree that using 30cm imagery for the aprons is just too low resolution and it would be such a shame to have all that nice modelling done and have it sitting on top of such low resolution imagery. This will delay the release of Wales by possibly a few days.

@David, you don't need to disable the UK2000 EGFF if you have it installed; our version includes the necessary excludes to suppress any other airport already installed, without any performance impact.

If you prefer to the the UK2000 airport instead, then simply delete the ORBX\Scripts\scenerylib_EGFF.xml file and run ftxconfigurator.exe and it's scenery library entry will be removed.

I've decided to ask 29Palms to go ahead and make a ground poly for the aprons and taxiways. I agree that using 30cm imagery for the aprons is just too low resolution and it would be such a shame to have all that nice modelling done and have it sitting on top of such low resolution imagery. This will delay the release of Wales by possibly a few days.

Thank you, this is highly appreciated. This will go great with the rest of EGFF, which looks stunning!

Cheers,

Markus

John this is a Great idea, much appreciated!

One question I have is will the ground Texture (Aprons and Taxiways) be as detailed as they are in EGSG? In snowy weather will they have a covering of snow or will they be as they are in Default FSX, just concrete and no effects apart from Water?

Cheers,

Matt.

There is no ObjectFlow or SnowFlow implemented at EGFF. You will see snow on the ground in the photoreal, but I am not 100% sure we will have time to implemet sow drifts on the aprons and taxiways for the initial release, perhaps in a SP. you will also need to disable the grasses if using the airport during hard winter, since we also don't automatically disable the grasses. These are just some of the little touches we can't fit not the project timeline as it stands, but they are not critical to the enjoyment of the airport.

@Shaun - we are creating ground polygons for the taxiways and aprons, so the REX textures won't be seen. Those only work for basic airports using default FSX aprons and taxiways called by the APX. Ours will show much more detail including stains and cracks which looks a lot better than the REX textures anyway. We will also make the ground poly semi transparent so a lot of the detail in the 30cm imagery will show through to give it the concrete's character.

There is no ObjectFlow or SnowFlow implemented at EGFF. You will see snow on the ground in the photoreal, but I am not 100% sure we will have time to implemet sow drifts on the aprons and taxiways for the initial release, perhaps in a SP. you will also need to disable the grasses if using the airport during hard winter, since we also don't automatically disable the grasses. These are just some of the little touches we can't fit not the project timeline as it stands, but they are not critical to the enjoyment of the airport.

@Shaun - we are creating ground polygons for the taxiways and aprons, so the REX textures won't be seen. Those only work for basic airports using default FSX aprons and taxiways called by the APX. Ours will show much more detail including stains and cracks which looks a lot better than the REX textures anyway. We will also make the ground poly semi transparent so a lot of the detail in the 30cm imagery will show through to give it the concrete's character.

Thanks for the Reply John. It would be great if SnowFlow and ObjectFlow could be added to the scenery in a later SP, I think it would add more character to the airport and make it feel a bit more 'Alive'.

And the ground polygons idea sounds great! Any idea when we'll be able to see a few screenshots of these new improvements?

Cheers,

Matt.

John,

Matt is right as you brought up all the nice eyecandy into your sceneries.....do not wonder if we all want to have better and better airports and regions :-)

You set the standard and now you have to cope with it. :-)))))

Anyway, this one will my next product from your side.

Keep up the good work!