jm3XQ

Volume discount for loyal customers?

Hello everyone,

I already placed a similar post in the Senior Discount thread, but I thought that it might be a good idea to open a new thread.

As I said there, granting discounts for seniors and older products is a nice touch of Orbx. This way, it's certainly easier for people with limited recources to enjoy the products anyway.

However, being from Germany and facing a weak Euro, prices in the FSS increase for me more and more. Today the average price level is 10 - 15% higher for me than it was two years ago, because I checkout in AU-Dollars, but pay in Euros.

When I see people's signatures in the forum, I understand that there must be many who supported Orbx from the early days on and frequently purchased many add-ons. Certainly they played an important role in Orbx' growing process. Personally, I know many people from Germany and Europe who are very satisfied and have rather large Orbx installations but hesitate to expand even further, even though they would if there was a bit of consession. Honestly, Orbx' pricings are not what one would call average.

So here's maybe something to get both sides together. What about a volume discount for loyal Orbx customers, granted by the number of Orbx add-ons you own?

Best regards,

Nick

Hi all,

Nick has a point. It will be expensive to fill in the continents , so I will be more selective on what I must have now and be planning what to get when the price is reduced. I'm an Orbx fan so I think the prices are OK for such great scenery. If Orbx should decide to add newer titles to the discount list I'll be ready.

good flights, Cal

I like that idea, I was thinking more along the lines of a bulk order discount, so the more orbx products you buy in one order the greater the discount. As a full time student with no income and a limited bank balance it would be a nice incentive to buy more orbx scenery. Just a thought.

I would greatly appreciate this volume discount price idea as well. I am now looking at the new pricing just announced a few weeks ago where the older airports pricing levels have been dropped - This seems to reward mostly the newcomers to Orbx as they don't have the older airports yet. It is a great incentive to jump in for newcomers but as a supporter from the very beginning, I have nearly every airport so the price drop doesn't benefit me so much. Some kind of volume discount would be greatly appretiated.

On the other hand, Orbx does create magic so I will gladly pay either way.

Personally, all I can add is that when given the chance at the online checkout counter to pick up other titles by vendors who do offer volume discount(s) as a marketing tool, I have purchased additional items I hadnt planned on for the savings shown. With one particular developer I noticed that I would buy their current offering and add on one or two other older items allowing me to build up my collection of their items to where I am now current. Here forward I wont be able to use that discount as I will just buy on or near release each item and one at a time.

I feel Orbx move to offer older items at a lower price is a great first step to see how the market reacts. Rome wasnt built in a day so to have some time to see the buying habits of new marketing offers will really benefit what Orbx would or needs to do to reach their own company goals is a great first step. Keep an eye on it and see what avenue(s) they would like to explore once they have more data if any change is needed in the first place, like more pricing tears or volume discounts as just two options. One big obstacle that Orbx might face that other developers might not is not price but storage space. We gamers like to keep fast hard drives and so we tend to trade space for speed and with Orbx product sizes and the need to keep it all in one folder so to say, I feel space is also an equal factor once one starts collecting their products. I've already gone from a 128 to a 256 to a 480 SSD to try and keep up.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and be the voice of dissent. I see no need for bulk buying discounts. But I may be different to many of you who seem to be striving, or even competing to own the complete set of ORBX scenery. I think JV and the ORBX team are in an unenviable position right now - they've done all the hard work producing awesome scenery and have begun to implement some revised pricing, which is fantastic, but they've now opened themselves to criticism on who the new pricing favours or for whom it is a disadvantage. The recent price drop for older titles is welcome, it may encourage me to investigate some of the fields in the US which I've largely ignored to this point, but the bulk of my flying will remain where it always has been - Australia and New Zealand... unless we see ORBX South Africa on the horizon sometime soon! I'm not trying to complete a set, I've little interest in England or Europe, or even most of the US for that matter.

I find it interesting that once some discounts started to be applied, for example the senior's discount, some of the response was in the form of others putting out their hands for more discounts. We currently see reduced prices for older titles, a senior's discount, there's the OZx discount for those of us purchasing from FSS, and now some think that buying more titles would entitle them to a greater discount? Please. What purchases would you contend contribute towards such a volume discount? The already discounted older titles? That would be losing out for the business. Why the desire for discounts, discounts and more discounts so we can own more? Be picky. Buy only the titles you'll use.

I'm brought to mind of a manager I used to work for at a mining plant OEM. He held the viewpoint that we didn't need to compete on price (as long as the price was realistic) because we provided the best equipment, training and service, and customers should be willing to pay a premium for the best. We didn't offer discounts on our services, and you know what? Our business never suffered, and in fact grew at an appreciable rate year on year as we offered better and better product and service. That's how I see ORBX. They have been providing the best product at a realistic price, and furthermore have continued to improve those products year on year. New tech, free updates; hell, even the odd free airport. So why the desire for more product for less outlay?

I suspect my viewpoint will be unpopular, but there you go.

Cheers,

Derek

With last week's quite large price reductions we have already given the equivalent of a $412 bulk discount on our range. I did think about implementing a volume discount but I am still mulling that over; the business cannot afford to discount our new launch titles because it makes it difficult to continue to develop more products if we're making losses.

Some people think that $40.95 for a region is "expensive" but if you consider the work that has gone into it by a team of people and that each region costs hundreds of thousands of dollars to develop, it is really to expensive? We are putting more and more additional content into each region compared to Australia (upgraded airports, POI models, coastline water textures, mud flats, even PeopleFlow!) yet we seem to be getting more and more people telling us they are not good value?

You just need to look at the SAK preview shots to see what an enormous amount of extras are being added to that region, a massive amount of photoreal, complete CityScapes and even hiring Jon Patch to resurrect his classic Skagway region. And with Wales we are adding a complete international airport. Perhaps we should pull back from all this value-add content and go back to the basics, like Australia was?

I take it you all want Orbx to be around for a while longer ... :)

“You can please some of the people some of the time all of the people some of the time some of the people all of the time but you can never please all of the people all of the time.â€

― Abraham Lincoln

Never a more true word.

Here Here JV, I think you have shown in the past what Orbx needs to do to continue to provide us with it's products, please don't be diverted by all this.

I agree with JV and Derek, what Orbx provides is a quality product, that comes at a price which I am happy to pay just to see Orbx still producing. Other products I own charge for upgrades some at discount some at full replacement price. Given the current economic climate it is difficult for both buyers and sellers if we as buyers wish to see Orbx continue then we need to support them. They have always been fair with us let us be fair with them

Taph

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and be the voice of dissent. ...

Be picky. Buy only the titles you'll use.

I'm brought to mind of a manager I used to work for at a mining plant OEM. He held the viewpoint that we didn't need to compete on price (as long as the price was realistic) because we provided the best equipment, training and service, and customers should be willing to pay a premium for the best. We didn't offer discounts on our services, and you know what? Our business never suffered, and in fact grew at an appreciable rate year on year as we offered better and better product and service. That's how I see ORBX. They have been providing the best product at a realistic price, and furthermore have continued to improve those products year on year. New tech, free updates; hell, even the odd free airport. So why the desire for more product for less outlay?

I suspect my viewpoint will be unpopular, but there you go.

Cheers,

Derek

+1: Quality has its price!

You just need to look at the SAK preview shots to see what an enormous amount of extras are being added to that region, a massive amount of photoreal, complete CityScapes and even hiring Jon Patch to resurrect his classic Skagway region. And with Wales we are adding a complete international airport. Perhaps we should pull back from all this value-add content and go back to the basics, like Australia was?

Yes, JV definitely! I am sure that SAK will be worth every cent of the price.

I second Dereks view that it is pure passion for collecting to have all of ORBX spectacular products. But who will actually fly them all? Its quality over quantity for me.

And finally: I hope that ORBX is earning money in order to enable the team to grow and invent and bring all of us a bright future in a sim that we all have dreamed of for quite some time!

With last week's quite large price reductions we have already given the equivalent of a $412 bulk discount on our range. I did think about implementing a volume discount but I am still mulling that over; the business cannot afford to discount our new launch titles because it makes it difficult to continue to develop more products if we're making losses.

Some people think that $40.95 for a region is "expensive" but if you consider the work that has gone into it by a team of people and that each region costs hundreds of thousands of dollars to develop, it is really to expensive? We are putting more and more additional content into each region compared to Australia (upgraded airports, POI models, coastline water textures, mud flats, even PeopleFlow!) yet we seem to be getting more and more people telling us they are not good value?

Hi John,

it´s a pity, that my english isn´t so good and I hope I find the right words to express what I want to say... When Nick started this thread within the other one and you answered with your suggestion to give 10% for 15+ products, I was impressed by your willingness to implement a "discount-goody" for your loyal customers, who bought already a lot. I must honestly say, that I was waiting for the officially announcement of that in order to buy the next. ::)

John, I don´t think, we have to talk about the quality and the value of your products - otherwise me and the others wouldn´t have bought so much in that time! That wasn´t my intention, when I wrote my critic to the senior discount. And in my eyes it didn´t concern a generally discount to your products, but something like to recieve a credit for loyal customers. I always talk about ORBX products and promote them, when I´m active in other forums and there it´s about scenery quality, flying experience, and so on, because I´m convinced of ORBX. Contrary to a lot of other products I quarrel with and always think about, is it worth to buy, will it satisfy me and so on. ( So happened with DEX actually :blink: ) Not so with yours. But some time ago, long time before you implement the senior discount, I was already thinking about to ask, whether it would be possible to get an incentive for buying so much, because it started to become more expensive here in germany.

It´s understood, that its your personal decision and I don´t want to create an impression of begging. I will still buy ORBX products and support them, but the amount has simply to decrease.

regards, Stephan

Stephan, the amount simply cannot decrease, it's just bad economics and not good business practice. The price of other electronic goods does not decrease for newly released products, nor software, nor cars. Why? Because the cost of doing business (staff, travel, insurance, taxes, rent) all goes up every year on average 2.5-4% Yet in fact our prices since 2008 have dropped a staggering amount, which really makes me wonder how we have survived at all. For instance on launch one sub-region in Australia cost $80, and YMML Melbourne cost $79! Yet today we release better products with double the tech, 10x the resolution, more details for less than half the price. That is not a sustainable model.

Of course I understand the Euro is doing badly versus the AUD, but we are an Australian registered company and I have avoided changing our base currency against international currency because it adds enormous complexity to the business to work in multi-currencies and our accounting is simply not set up for it. I remember only a few years ago when the AUD was worth on US 70 cents - of course no customers complained then, but Orbx absorded the currency losses even while reducing prices. One day the Euro will be worth much more than the AUD than it is now and you will be in front again.

So it comes down to this: you want to buy most of our stuff, but your funds and your currency does not support it right now. So buy what you can afford now, save up for others, or wait 12+ months for the classic pricing to come into play. Meantime we believe there are a core group of customers who have enough funds at their disposal to afford our new releases at their current price points, and those people are keeping Orbx alive, and their reward is to get to play with our new stuff first. That's simply no different to an Apple fan who always buys the latest iGadget on release. Difference is, Apple never drops their prices regardless ;)

Perhaps we should pull back from all this value-add content and go back to the basics, like Australia was?

No

Yes

Sorry all but I have got to get in on this. John, great product, good pricing and thanks for the discount that you have put in place. Much appreciated.

Those asking for more, especially those of you in Europe buying in euros. How to put this sensitively, Get a grip. You have an advantage against the Aussie dollar of 1.4 to 1. Try saving for Orbx products from a position of less than equity (like 0.8 to 1).

So sorry that your desire to have everything for bugger all is not supported by the reality of good economics, but the rest of us manage and will continue to support this great company and buy their products as and when we can afford them. You know, like old fashioned economics. Save up and buy when have enough.

Again John. Thanks for one of the best products available for this hobby, and I look forward to more.

Cheers

Paul

Stephan, the amount simply cannot decrease

Sorry, I meant, that my amount (quantity) of buying products must decrease..... ( I told you, it´s not easy with my english ;-) )

So it comes down to this: you want to buy most of our stuff, but your funds and your currency does not support it right now. So buy what you can afford now, save up for others, or wait 12+ months for the classic pricing to come into play. Meantime we believe there are a core group of customers who have enough funds at their disposal to afford our new releases at their current price points, and those people are keeping Orbx alive, and their reward is to get to play with our new stuff first. That's simply no different to an Apple fan who always buys the latest iGadget on release. Difference is, Apple never drops their prices regardless ;)

Yes, that express in much better words, what I have to do.... ;-)

regards, Stephan

Get a grip

I think it´s not necessary to say that.... It was just a question.

Again John. Thanks for one of the best products available for this hobby, and I look forward to more.

Cheers

Paul

+1

The request and Johns answer to it doesn´t change anything to my enthusiam for ORBX products! I will further buy them, promote them and I´m looking forward to all, that comes in future...! Therefore my computer consists of 97% ORBX... ;-) I just have to be a bit more selective in future, like John said.

Perhaps its not easy to express everything in the right way, when the language isn´t the mother language... ;-) Sorry, if that happened.

regards, Stephan

No problems Stephan, I did not read any hostility into your posts and understand the English is not your mother tongue. Thanks for your continued support of Orbx, we do appreciate it!

I understand Stephan as i'm quite in the same position with Europe and the Euro. This was the subject of my post in the "senior discount" topic. No hostility, no offense.

John, we are fans of Orbx's products.

3 years ago, when i started to buy ORBX's stuffs, i began with whole Australia and all the airports that were available - i've benefited of the "one month priceless" -50% you've done. Then arrived NA and all the new airports and areas. Began to be complicated but with the help of the"one month priceless", it was easier to buy the whole products.

Now, there are AU, NA, NZ, EU and all the wonderfull airports you produce with all the new technologies and the quality is going better and better.

But it's clear that the final amount / bill has grown (not orbx fault - bad economical situations) and it will increase as ORBX has grown too, more developpers = more great sceneries = more money to spend... but it's a passion ! It's hard to say to ourselves "no, you need this money for..., don't buy any scenery..." We can understand we perhaps can not buy every Orbx's products, life is like that... But it's sometimes frustrating... ;)

And when a company like Orbx try to help the communauty (help for seniors or to buy older sceneries...), we, fans, try to have more :D

I must confess, the 2/3 of my ORBX sceneries where bought during the month priceless, otherwise i can't have bought all of the ones i got.

Perhaps, John, is it the time to ask the Orbx Team to reconsider your decision about this -50 % event...

I know the ones who bought a scenery at the normal price won't be happy if one month later the product is 50% cheaper but i'm convince it could help some of us - ok : all of us...

But i'm perfectly aware that it is perhaps not good for Orbx that you just earn during one month half the prices of the sceneries. You don't sell us half territories or half sceneries...

Really not easy to discuss about it...

John, I'm with you all the way! While any discount policy might be good in the short term...it's no good if it causes ORBX to fold in the long term! I'll continue buying - mainly NA - as and when ~I can afford, and I think you've got the balance about right.

Don

Right now I am delivering beverages. By delivering mostly to private customers I often get some tips. On some days it is just a few cents on other days it is nearly as much as my hourly earnings. And I dont care if it is two € or a few cents. I am always thankful and think of it as a appreciation of my work. Also I dont count on this extra money. This way I am not angry when not getting any tips and I am happy about getting some. The extra money is then a bonus.

For me it is the same with those discounts. I buy those sceneries I really want and I can afford. When I get a discount I can get some extra sceneries I couldnt afford yet. And also I am happy about the act of friendship given.

Taking a discount just as a tool to complete my Orbx collection would make it less pleasant for me. Sure I would like to enjoy all Orbx sceneries. But to me the word enjoy in the last sentence is more important than the word all :)

I hope you understand what I mean.

I think they're good value (as you can see from my orders :) )! And If I wasn't so busy trying to see as much as possible of them I'd buy some airports too. I have no issue with their price, but there's just so much to see that I don't spend much time in any one location.

Anyway, I think with the seniors discount and the price reduction on older products, I don't think any more discounts are in order, otherwise, will anything be full price?

I'll be buying SAK at full price as soon as it's released, and am very much looking forward to it!

+1 : What Derek said ....

I love the Orbx stuff, who doesn't? But, even though I bought other areas, I mostly fly in FTXAU. I only have 24hours in my day, and I need some of that to sleep, otherwise my flight preps are rubbish! Oh, and there's a couple of other things that need to be taken care of ....

So, if you are "strapped for cash", and who isn't these days? then just purchase what you need. And if Orbx discounts it, then, great! We are the customers, not the CEOs. They make. We buy. Simple process really.

Can't help feel many complaints are along the lines of the great aviation term of "getthereitis" but changed to "getallitis".

Seriously if you can't afford them now then wait till you can afford them as the already released FTX products will be around for a long time. ;)

As for value I don't think you can get much more value particularly for FTX region releases. You couldn't fly around one region completely in a lifetime IMHO & all for just over $40AUD.

Which btw is half the price of a single bicycling tyre or around 10 takeaway coffees for me in AUS. Really!!!

Wow, what a can of worms.

I am in the Derek and JV Camp.

ORBX products are not cheap, but then neither is a Ferrari, that said I think that we get

a Ferrari for the price of a Ford when we buy an ORBX product.

It really comes down to how much you have to spend on our hobby, those resources have to be

split between hardware and software, and at the end of the day it's up to you how you spend those resources.

Should we expect Orbx to cut their margins to the bone just because we can't afford all that we want?

I don't think so.

Can't help feel many complaints are along the lines of the great aviation term of "getthereitis" but changed to "getallitis".

Seriously if you can't afford them now then wait till you can afford them as the already released FTX products will be around for a long time. ;)

As for value I don't think you can get much more value particularly for FTX region releases. You couldn't fly around one region completely in a lifetime IMHO & all for just over $40AUD.

Which btw is half the price of a single bicycling tyre or around 10 takeaway coffees for me in AUS. Really!!!

Exactly:

Sometimes find myself to think about if I spend the money on a new airport (~30€) and then next Saturday I find myself paying the bill for the food and stuff for the next week and find that it is 100 € or more… So it is a hobby and if you take it piece by piece then you can build a very nice world…

It's without question for me that Orbx products have great quality and value for their price and I am willing to pay that. I understand that Orbx is a company working under economical principles of the market and that parts of its employees and developers live on producing flight simulator add-ons. Therefore my intention wasn't to suggest a general price reduction. I neither need every single Orbx add-on to be happy. It seems that some have misunderstood that.

So it comes down to this: you want to buy most of our stuff, but your funds and your currency does not support it right now. So buy what you can afford now, save up for others, or wait 12+ months for the classic pricing to come into play. Meantime we believe there are a core group of customers who have enough funds at their disposal to afford our new releases at their current price points, and those people are keeping Orbx alive, and their reward is to get to play with our new stuff first.

This is exactly what I had in mind and it's what I am going to do. It's just that I wasn't expecting you to say so, because I saw posts of yours pointing out low sales volume of UK airports and thoughts that buying FTX regions only would not be enough for Orbx to work economically. I took your statements as I, being a customer, had to buy more products that I do right now to 'keep Orbx alive' to compensate for their enlargement as a company. Giving a rather large discount to seniors at the same time to 'support those who gave a lot in the past and who need it now' seems to be an objection for me. Maybe it's understandable that I raised my eyebrow about that.

As some said, in the past it was easier to buy all new Orbx products because the intervals between two releases were bigger. Most importantly, it was also easier to actually use all the add-ons because there were fewer of them. With more releases in shorter periods I will hesitate and decide which ones I'll buy and which ones I won't. I'll rather stay in virtual Australia and North America to use and expand my existing regions before I'll head to New Zealand or England (of course Germany would be a different thing). So in my opinion it's logical that UK airports are not selling as well as the Australian and American ones. However, with a discount on England, I'd probably reassess my thoughts. And by my understanding customers who buy discounted products seem to be better for a company than customers who stop buying. But I do not know the exact numbers so these are just my thoughts.

Anyway, for mow I will focus on AU and NA, lean back and wait for the things to come.

Regards,

Nick

Perhaps it is best to keep a positive outlook throughout the thread. I choose to take the perspective that those who have come forth with offering concepts for discount marketing in addition to JV and Jay's already generous ones, are doing so because they genuinely appreciate the quality (and quantity) or Orbx products. They appreciate them enough that they want more of them and find it difficult to wait when personal circumstances force them to. It isn't a motivation based upon lesser sentiments. We may not always express ourselves the way that we mean to. There is no doubt in my mind that we all want success and longevity for Orbx/FTX.

I also believe that the customer loyalty that has been built up here would, if the situation came about, be returned in supporting John if any discounts had to be amended or discontinued, or prices increased, if survival of the company was in anyway in question. We know that John and Jay are not out to gouge us for their personal gain. They support their customers.

John, much appreciation for all that you are doing.

Any discount is appreciated. I think the senior discount is a great thing and I don't really need any additional discount.

However, my purchases have slowed considerably and its not all to do with pricing. It used to be that there were products released fairly far apart and I would buy pretty much everything that was released. I never knew I liked an addon airport until AFTER I bought it. How was I to know that Jefferson Co (0S9) would be my favorite?

Its difficult to pick and choose 'your favorite airports' when you dont really know what will be your favorite until after you buy it. This was the advantage of the prices that I could more afford working in combination with fewer releases. I really think it was the sales that allowed me to keep up at all. My income is a bit low. FS and Orbx are about my only entertainment.

I was hoping for the 'loyalty discount' but its not up to me and as I said, all discounts are appreciated. I dont know how a loyalty discount would work though. get one free for every ten purchased? get a credit for every ten purchased? get a discount after purchasing x number of products or spending x dollars? A bulk purchase discount would probably be like a sale of sorts but it may be difficult to get the funds to acheive the discount in the first place.

I have not posted on this thread before, but have followed it with interest. Now I feel that I have to throw my hat in the ring.

I have to admit that I feel a bit responsible for this, as I started this whole discount thing with my post "marketing" asking John to consider a new outlet for his product. The outcome was, for me, favorable, as I now benefit from the Pensioner discount, but I further benefit from the reduction in base costs of the older releases, a discount that John did on a voluntary basis, and for which I thank him very much.

That said, I find it unpleasant to see more people looking for more discounts. This a business that John is running, and he has to show a profit, otherwise the business closes. Is this what you want? no? well how about giving John a fair go, and stopping this nonsense? Teecee.

The root cause of this seems to stem from the roll out of a seniors discount of 20%. This is addition to the reduced 'classic' titles, which have already been reduced by approx 40% in some instances.

Reducing older titles is the norm in the wider gaming/PC software entertainment community. However Senior Discounts in this market are unheard of, and it appears that this has left some from other groups requesting a similar discounting scheme, such as students like myself.

The response to this was to suggest discount to people who had purchased a number of ORBX titles

It think the seniors discount was generous, but unnecessary, it also seems to have divided opinions on discounting scheme and in some instances brought into question the value of ORBX products, which I think is rather unfair.

I think reducing the older titles was more than an adequate discounting model, and really there is no need to offer any Senior discount, as it gives raise of an unlevel playing field that is based simply on age. I don't think that currency issues have any relavence either, yes the AUD is strong but the EUR is not exactly weak, infact the £ has lost out considerably to the EUR over the last 5 years, but that is no basis for a discount in my opinion.

I will continue to buy ORBX products as and when I can afford, I've picked up some items on sale and paid full price for others, and have been blown away with the quality of all of them.

Cheers

Dom

Volume discounts is a great marketing tool but is not needed for anything current or that is seeing active purchases by Orbx. When i think of volume discounts I see it as this kind of offer:

Buy a current product (any item that hasnt seen the new price reduction) and at check you have the option to add older or legacy items (items that Orbx have seen a complete drop in purchasing due to age or interest) at a discount. Each item brings an additional overall discount so the 1st product is normal price then ofe the available for volume discounts item the 2nd item is even lower than the listed price say 10%, buy 2 items and its 20% off for the two addons and full price for original product. If you add 3 items then you pay full price for the 1st item and 30% on the additional 3 addons. This goes on up to a set limit of say 40-50% off. After that there is no additional benefit so the consumer buys the current item and increases their Orbx library with 3-5 older titles.

Next time a new product comes out, they can get that at normal price and add a few older titles as the volume discount only works with the purchase of a current item.

This solves the issue of supporting Orbx to grow by buying new release when they are fresh on the shelf and moves dormant products with them. The idea is enough units get sold when its released to cover the cost to make the product plus a % for future growth. When the product gets old enough to be discounted, there are a few more sales to add to the products life and finally bundled in a volume discount far from when it was released is only more profit the product can make.

With Orbx now in 3 main regions and growing into others, this opens up the markets to where new releases are brought by users of certain markets and they add items they wouldnt of brought as addons due to the lower prices and/or volume discounts.

But by no means do I feel Orbx needs to offer their products at a lower price to sell them, my only input is that if they wanted to move older titles that dont sell much, volume discounts is a marketing tool that I have taken use of as a consumer that works to get me to buy more of items due to the lower price or "deal" I wouldnt of brought otherwise.

I like what Kilstorm just wrote. Discounts for older titles, esp bundled with the purchase of a "new" title seems a great way to move older products and still maintain income with new products. I was actually a little dismayed at all the talk of discounts from the beginning. It was predictable that more calls for discounts to include students, etc would come forth. It's just human nature. I say keep it simple and do what works best for both ORBX and their customers. I can't buy all the new titles anymore because of the cost, but I can continue to buy all regions plus airports that interest me at about the same rate as the last couple of years, and that is what I'll do.

I like what Kilstorm just wrote. Discounts for older titles, esp bundled with the purchase of a "new" title seems a great way to move older products and still maintain income with new products. I was actually a little dismayed at all the talk of discounts from the beginning. It was predictable that more calls for discounts to include students, etc would come forth. It's just human nature. I say keep it simple and do what works best for both ORBX and their customers. I can't buy all the new titles anymore because of the cost, but I can continue to buy all regions plus airports that interest me at about the same rate as the last couple of years, and that is what I'll do.

After reading all posts from this topic, i'm completly agree with the "keep it simple" attitude ;)

Will buy what i want the most as i've always done :)