Hello all,

Just a quick comparison shot between the upcoming DEX and FTX Global. Note our screenshot is from our current alpha build and using placeholder roads and missing autogen in places, but I wanted to show the effect of FTX Global on this area without using any mesh, landclass or addons.

Posted Image

Posted Image

At the moment I personally prefer the "Global"-version. If the comparison was made with the same water, weather and lighting settings things might look different.

What I find very much more interesting here is the "hidden" anouncement of DEX! The other Germany pictures shown in this part of the forum were also from Global, weren't they? You did mention that Germany was on the agenda - but actually showing a screenie is - in my opinion - quite something else!

Cheers

Mallard

PS - looking forward to a preview of my home region, the Upper Rhine Valley with the Black Forest in the background. It's a pretty unique landscape and is currently impossible to look at in FSX...

I refuse to do screenshots using default FSX water, it's truly awful.

PS - looking forward to a preview of my home region, the Upper Rhine Valley with the Black Forest in the background. It's a pretty unique landscape and is currently impossible to look at in FSX...

I could probably make a screenshot for you Mallard, what is the airport closest to there? Which direction should i face?

DEX is a lot like a proper full-spec FTX region; I saw lots of preview shots showing custom vector objects, roads, water bodies, railways, custom POI objects, integration with VFR Germany airports etc. I guess it was only a matter of time before another developer built a similar tech to FTX, but it does depend a lot on the quality of the textures IMHO. To be honest I am surprised it has taken 5+ years. I am sure Aerosoft will do very well with DEX however.

Whoops! I'm sorry - I thought DEX was an ORBX development! (As you might have guessed - I don't hang around other developer's sites much)...

Bring on Global!

Cheers

Mallard

PS - if you REALLY want to tease me with a screenie: I live 5 minutes away from EDTF Freiburg. A small GA-field with a runway that either points smack bang at the city and directly towards the foothils of the Black Forest (if you're unlucky! You just have 2 klicks to make it over them - or you make a very steep turn to the south). or out into the Upper Rhine Valley Otherwise there would be EDTL Lahr, a defunct Canadian Airbase which is from time to time used for larger jets (they had their Boeing E-3s stationed there) and - the largest and most important one in the region - LFSB Basel Mulhouse (a tri-national-run airport) some 45 kilometers to the south.

Basically anything looking towards the east from any of these would be very interesting.

Thanks for the comparisson. I think I ll give DEX a go. But the reason is that it is a scenery I know quite good in reality. And one focus of the DEX team as far as I saw is to show many unique buildings, landmarks and so on. This is something FTX Global cant archieve. It is a difference between focusing one region or one planet.

I wouldnt buy DEX if it wasnt my home region as I like the ORBX textures better.

I was not very impressed with their preview shots of DEX. Too vivid and the cartoonish look of default. Funny that even just Global textures looks better. I dare you to post these over there! Hee hee.

Cheers,

Todd

There is room for more FTX-like products on the market, I wish them well and I am sure they will have success with it. For us at Orbx it has always been about the quality of the textures within the confines of the FSX landclass system. Ultimately it is the customer who wins when they have a broader choice of products to choose from.

Hey John, any chance you could post a picture of the Lake of Constance in the south of germany right at the swiss border, LSZR, that's where i live right now.

And I see this area from above every day. may i compare?

Thanks

Dan

Wow, FTX Global looks pretty good in this comparison!

I lke the texture colours more than the DEX ones.

But maybe different seasons have been applied?

Anyway, the houses seem to be smaller in the Global shot.

Or am I being mistaken here?

Overall, it looks more convincing.

Well yesterday I´ve purchased DEX North and I am very disappointed . One should compare the city of Hamburg with any city of FTX in England and you can see what I mean.

Hamburg looks awful. Should have spend my money more thoughtful.

Regards, Guenther ( EDDK )

@gbaron

That's pretty much how I felt when flying over the areas I knew personally in FTX England. The "that's not correct" syndrome kicked in and instead of enjoying the scenery, I was picking out things that aren't right. Of course flying in any other Orbx region I don't get this, the PNW being my favourite as I don't really know how it's supposed to look, but it does look nice. I was hoping DEX was going to be an upgrade to their VFR Germany package, which looks very dated now.

I'm glad you posted that shot of DEX John, as I was going to buy it to upgrade the VFR Germany area. Glad I didn't now :-)

Here are the locations in Germany and Switzerland requested above in the FTX Global alpha build (some urban autogen missing and placeholder roads textures).

(Full disclosure: these shots are using SceneryTech EU LC)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

We are offering two editions of FTX Global:

1. Base Pack, no monthly DLC content, only bug fixes - AU$99.95 | €77

2. Subscription Pack, monthly DLC installed from custom front end app, new landclass, airports and POI's added continually - AU$189.95 | €145

3. Upgrade from Base to Subcription editions: AU$99.95 | €77

The Subscription Pack DLC will require an internet connection for email/serial number authentication.

Here are the locations in Germany and Switzerland requested above in the FTX Global alpha build (some urban autogen missing and placeholder roads textures).

(Full disclosure: these shots are using SceneryTech EU LC)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

We are offering two editions of FTX Global:

1. Base Pack, no monthly DLC content, only bug fixes - AU$99.95 | €77

2. Subscription Pack, monthly DLC installed from custom front end app, new landclass, airports and POI's added continually - AU$189.95 | €145

3. Upgrade from Base to Subcription editions: AU$99.95 | €77

Ohhh... I can see my flat in the first picture! (right next to that little lake a few inches to the right of the airport) - looks great! Just purchased FTX England instead of DEX and am now waiting for FTX Global to be released.

thanks, chris (EDTF)

Ohhh... I can see my flat in the first picture! (right next to that little lake a few inches to the right of the airport) - looks great! Just purchased FTX England instead of DEX and am now waiting for FTX Global to be released.

thanks, chris (EDTF)

For the comparison

Posted Image

I also bought it and I hasnt been that dissapointed. I knew that they wouldnt reach Orbx-quality. Orbx is doing this for years and has developed quite fantastic ways to improve the overall quality of the scenery.

What I wanted was a quite accurate placement of objects and some eyecandy. I got both but in a smaller extend than I hoped for.

To be fair I saw quite a lot of shots showing blurry textures to an amount I dont see. Maybe it is only at some areas, maybe those guys have some other problems. I dont know.

I think it was a good step to close down the sell until it is known what went wrong. Thats something not every publisher would do.

Anyway, I am curious what they will do.

Maybe we are too spoiled by ORBX ;)

I still remenber march 2008 ...When i have purchased AU BLUE for the first time....It was...it is still... a revolution.

FTXGLOBAL will be a another one...and not only for me.

Omg I just woke up in the middle of the night, must be getting anxious about my sailing lesson today!

God these pics look fantastic considering they're part of a worldwide package! Those poor Aerosoft devs, I hope they're not seeing these. :-)

I read they also got caught out relying on OSM data, that's a mistake eh.

I also bought it and I hasnt been that dissapointed. I knew that they wouldnt reach Orbx-quality. Orbx is doing this for years and has developed quite fantastic ways to improve the overall quality of the scenery.

What I wanted was a quite accurate placement of objects and some eyecandy. I got both but in a smaller extend than I hoped for.

To be fair I saw quite a lot of shots showing blurry textures to an amount I dont see. Maybe it is only at some areas, maybe those guys have some other problems. I dont know.

I think it was a good step to close down the sell until it is known what went wrong. Thats something not every publisher would do.

Anyway, I am curious what they will do.

Maybe we are too spoiled by ORBX ;)

Hello,good for you...

I can tell you,that evening it will be very hot on the Germany forum.

Yes welcome home Heiko! Are you volunteering to develop Stutgart? LOL! :ph34r:

Just my two cents: Don't waste your resources to develop airports that are already well developed. Use your resources to develop „Peopleflow“ for their airports! :ph34r:

Just my two cents: Don't waste your resources to develop airports that are already well developed. Use your resources to develop „Peopleflow“ for their airports! :ph34r:

Well eddf is not well developed so hurry up guys and give me that one in orbx style :-)