Dear Support,

After the installer has validated my details, it launches and completes almost immediately - I can't see that any files have been installed. I have validated with tweakfs.com that FSX is correctly found in my registry.

What else can I try?

Richard

Thanks for the suggestions lads but still no luck.

Is there a way to uninstall (I have tried the FAQ suggestions of deleting files, but alas there are no files to delete.....) - somehow my system knows about the installation as even after downloading a new installer I no longer need to enter my purchase details to start the unwrapper -> it automatically unwraps and launches the installer.....

Richard

Hi Richard,

The FSS wrapper only requires you to enter the serial number and order info once, after which time it is remembered for you.

Looking at your signature you have quick a large catalog of Orbx products installed (thank you!) so I wonder what is different this time around? When the installer runs, keep the ORBX\FTX_EU open and see if the FTX_AA_EGSG folder is created. If it's not, then something has changed with your Windows security which is preventing the addition/creation of new folders there.

Have you tried rebooting Windows and deactivating any antivirus software, firewalls, and closed down all other windows apps?

John,

Thank you for your support.

I found the problem and realised I was very clumsy. I have FSX running on an SSD drive and allowed this to full up with the result that I only had around 400MB disk space left. The problem is now resolved and EGSG installs perfectly with folders and shortcuts having been created.

Looking forward now to some circuits at Stapleford,

Many thanks,

Richard