I vaguely remember having a piece of addon scenery in FS9 that had hanger doors controlled by tuning the radio to a certain frequency. Any one else remember this?

Is this something the airport designers could incorporate in the future?

Brian

There is an addon called runway 12 object placer you will need to download the folder called dwag hanger's, It was made for fs9 but will work in fsx these hanger door will open using the tuner. You can also use the folder dwag hanger's in airport design editor x v01.50.18. I use this one the most because you can see where you place them. If you have any other questions let me know. P.S. most of these can be found at simvaition.com in the utility and misc. section.

Brian

There is an addon called runway 12 object placer you will need to download the folder called dwag hanger's, It was made for fs9 but will work in fsx these hanger door will open using the tuner. You can also use the folder dwag hanger's in airport design editor x v01.50.18. I use this one the most because you can see where you place them. If you have any other questions let me know. P.S. most of these can be found at simvaition.com in the utility and misc. section.

Yeah it was dwag.... I saw a post from JV earlier to keep making suggestions to push the envelope and this is my suggestion. HangerFlow?

Indeed, socalled "conditional" animations were a surprising omission from FSX, along with a whole lot of other cool stuff.

It can be done using FS9 tools which will work in FSX. This no doubt would create problems for DX10 users, and the performance is not as good.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I am using one of the DWAG animated hangar objects in a new scenery project for Return to Misty Moorings. This object is just one of several animated hangars that came with the RWY 12 object libraries found on the two large free content flightsim websites that offer lots of files for FS9 and FSX.

There are three, rather large sets of RWY12 Object libraries. I recommend that you install all three sets as authors may use objects from any of the librarys. That way you will only need to install them once and virtually all sceneries which you might download in the future, which use RWY12 objects, will display properly.

You do NOT need to install the RWY12 Object Placing program itself - just the three library collections.

They use the NAV2 radio to tune into a frequency that will open/close the door to the hangar. So the aircraft will need two NAV radios for this to be possible. Look for "Whiskey Cove" coming soon at RTMM to see this type of object at work.

Brad

Indeed, socalled "conditional" animations were a surprising omission from FSX, along with a whole lot of other cool stuff.

It can be done using FS9 tools which will work in FSX. This no doubt would create problems for DX10 users, and the performance is not as good.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Ahh that sucks... This is the same reason for not having the the rain effect on the windscreen if I remember right,,,,

Thanks Brad for the information. I have just downloaded the animated hangar doors and placed one with Instant Scenery 2 at one OZX airfield in Australia. Then i used the NAV2 radio and switched to 112.00 and the door opens.

"Whiskey Cove" coming soon at RTMM, I saw the announcement last Saturday at the RTMM forum.

Many thanks Brad.

Peter