That visit yesterday left me dreaming of this place the whole night through. So this afternoonI threw my sleeping bag and some beers into the back of my trusty little Sunbird. Pitty the sun wasn't quite as thrilled about the idea as I was...

Swooping...

Posted Image

...and banking, taking in the coastline and the cliffs...

Posted Image

Following the suggestion from yesterday's post I landed on the beach and was just about to set up for the night when one of the "natives" came down from his bungalow and gave me a right old bollocking. "What did I think I was doing?" etc., etc... Well, I apologised, passed the feller a beer and jumped back into the 185. By the way - so much for calling dibbs on that beach... :(

Posted Image

One minute later I was approaching the "real" landing strip.

Posted Image

Tied down for the night and set out to the beach on foot. And it turned out to be a really nice evening with the guy who gave me s³Â§"t just a few minutes before...

The next morning the weather had improved dramatically. So off for some more sightseeing:

Posted Image

Those cliffs are quite convincing (hint, hint, EU England Cliffs of Dover team) ;)

Posted Image

That white line running nearly perpendicularly under the wingtip is the second landing strip on the island (which is not modeled).

Posted Image

On the northern end of the island is yet another cove with an inviting beach...

Posted Image

Approaching Port Lincoln

Posted Image

And doing the paperwork whilst listening to the engine tick-tick-ticking itself cool.

Posted Image

This probably will not have been my last visit ;)

Cheers

Mallard

Thanks for all the great comments - much appreciated!

Jas - as Gerold has pointed out, Thistle is not listed. But it's just a 15 minute hop from Port Lincoln - even in the 185 (OK, OK! Make it 20 minutes in that crate) ;)

Terry - the paint is one by Magnus and I got it, of course, over at OZx.

Cheers

Mallard

Thanks for all the great comments - much appreciated!

Jas - as Gerold has pointed out, Thistle is not listed. But it's just a 15 minute hop from Port Lincoln - even in the 185 (OK, OK! Make it 20 minutes in that crate) ;)

Terry - the paint is one by Magnus and I got it, of course, over at OZx.

Cheers

Mallard

Ha ha Mallard - :-) I just picked up the SR22 from Carenado so will go for a tour later today.

Jas

but I have one question - what is a bollocking ? .

Take care

John

Hi John - a bollocking is being told in an angry way, that one has done something wrong. And - boy - that guy was angry that I landed on that beach ;)

Graet shots Mallard, beautiful plane and repaint...Is this Carenado's C-185F Skywagon Bushplane?

Hi Mike - yes, that's the Carenado 185F Bushpacket with the Tundra wheels. As you probably know, you also get the float, amphibian and ski version in that package. Quite a deal! And she's agreat little plane with near-STOL capabilites.

@ all - once again thanks for the kind comments!

Cheers

Mallard