Sign in to follow this  
Ron Attwood

Silitz Bay update?

I'm probably going crazy but I seen to remember someone saying the update would be released last weekend. Or maybe it was next weekend. Which weekend is/was it? Blowed if I can find the post. :unsure:

Hi Ron I was wondering the same check this link .... my instinct tells me this weekend

Ha, ha, ha,

i thought the same. :unsure:

"The answer is just blowing in the wind." (Song-title) Should this be real? ::)

... just waited for the update and put some of my monthly "FS-money" aside already and exclusively saved it already for this fine airport just right after it's 1st version was released ... - so ready for purchasing now whenever the update will be available! :)

... this weekend - ... sounds perfect! :) :)

Yep, this weekend chaps :)

It's in final acceptance testing now, should be this weekend or Monday.

Most excellent good news, John. Thanks very much for the update.

Ray

Is this a Maybe, because you said LAST weekend or Monday, which was 4 days ago? The sooner the better or maybe go ahead and release KSFF.

Ray

Before someone jumps my case about not having a signature, maybe JayKae or someone can find it for me. Check raymar99. I can't log on for some reason but yet here I am. duh.

Here is an image

Posted Image

Take your time. I can only afford one Orbx product this year. And because I am an European I would love to get England. But I love to fly in the Pacific Fiords region that much that I must have Bella Coola. Spookane looks also great and is that invitiing for flying low in the Jet Ranger through the city. Also I enjoy the Oceanic region very much especially during our hemispheres winter. And Milford Sound is even without special treatment a gem. So I also have to get this.

If now this product is finished my head will most probably explode due to this chose. I love Bills airports because they always feel so alife. So this is also a must for me. Well, there is some time left till christmas. But I dont think that I will feel good with my decision ;)

I think he also mentioned final approval testing, so I'm guessing the team found something to fix. Better them than paying customers, right? ;)

Oh every time! ::)

I guess it will be surely released today, because this sunday seems to be a "patch"-work-day, after the 2 patches for KWYS and 2W3. Posted Image

Posted Image

Does this mean any purchase after Monday 3rd december will be the Full Deal? i.e. no need for the patch? I ask as it was my next purchase.

Geoff

Yes all customers who have purchased S45 will be sent an email by FSS asking them to re-download the new v1.01 full installer and use their original serial number to install it.

The price will also go up to $32.95 once the expanded version is so if you are holding out I'd purchase the lite version ASAP to save some money.

It will also go to a DVD release in about two weeks' time.

:( me sad.... I have just packaged up all my sim rig ready for our house move on Tuesday. Probably won't be able to fly Silitz Bay, or anywhere else for that matter, for the best part of another week...

So, to be clear, are we to download the new version and install over the old version?

that was quite considerate of you to let all know about the price increase for the full version.Merry Xmas.:D

My way was to download the new version.

Then i uninstalled the old S45.

After this doing i installed the new downloaded S45 (vers. 101).

Was this way incorrect???

You can install the new version directly over the top of the old one. Please note that all CP options will be reset to default when you upgrade.

I'm not so sure about this final check team. This is not hard to find. It was in the v1.0 as well. Quite a distraction when trying to show off the scenery.

Posted Image

Ray

Nice one to wake up Monday morning to, had a fly around before breakfast, one comment "GREAT" as usual.

Thanks again guys, you continue to make my retirement enjoyable.

Cheers Davo M.

hi guys.well i woke up ready to buy only to find that the price had been increased.so i won't be flying in the Siletz bay airport scenery.i'll save my pennies for Bathurst.....cheers Bill

I'm not so sure about this final check team. This is not hard to find. It was in the v1.0 as well. Quite a distraction when trying to show off the scenery.

Posted Image

Ray

Hi Ray,

We are aware of the Orbxlibs error which caused that, we'll fix it for the next update. You have posted about this issue in several threads now, so we get the message :)

As for the price increase, it's actually only adjusting the price to be on par with other photoreal area airports from Orbx and should not be a deterrent to purchase it. We released the airport-only version at a lower price because Bill had a business trip to attend to and did complete the extend photoreal in time.

You're either a fan of Bill's work and purchase it, or you baulk over a few extra dollars. Please don't give us flack for pricing it lower when it was deemed to be missing a feature set. Those early adopter customers got the windfall for buying it back then.

in my opinion it isnt really much of a price increase .I am loving the new version ! on a side note if you had s45 control panel options unticked and then installed the update over your current install then you will run into a problem of not being able to switch things in the siletz bay control panel and you will have to go to my comp/ fsx/orbx file/orbx na/s45/scenery and delete the duplicate bgl files.

Hmm, the S45v1.01 upgrade installer should automatically reset the CP options to default and not cause issues. Let me check with Ed on that.

@Ray, please don't offer unofficial fixes to our products on the forums. Not kosher. I know you mean well but please don't modify Orbx products and offer it to others, it violates your EULA.

I am enjoying the expanded area tremendously. Wow, what an improvement to add the surrounding area to an airport. Thanks to all, especially Bill.

Ray

hi guys.i've ended up buying S45 and can see myself doing a lot of flying around this airport.very nicely done.thanks Bill.................cheers Bill

Last night I fired up the new Lionheart Tri-pacer 180 and took off from my home base at 7S3 and took a short flight to the coast. After flying several circuits around the jaw-dropping scenery that surrounds S45 Siletz Bay, I eased her down on runway 17 and taxied to the hangars. This airport has tremendous warmth and character and Bill has captured it well. What a gorgeous job!

Thanks Bill,

Ted