Ref pictures 4 and 5 in the first post; in the middle distance, you appear to have ripening oilseed in spring, and not in summer. It should be the other way round.

The yellow flowers of Rapeseed are seen in Spring... its quite a feature of our countryside at that time of year, and perfectly correct in the shots.

Will this be available as a download or DVD only?

From the announcement here http://www.orbxsyste...n-short-finals/

.....the plan is to have FTX England on sale by this weekend and the DVD Edition in reseller's stores before the end of this month

So, download first, DVD later... Hope this helps :)

A London Smog closes in.

Posted Image

Thanks for all the pics Mark. Beautiful blog and art too, subscribed! Your art and connection with where you live is inspiring.

Sorry, that last holiday pic- what, are those, little holiday cabins?! Haven't they heard of trees? Talk about bare! Where is it, I gotta look it up! In Oz we have some amazing holiday parks with cabins, we stay in them often. We like trees in amongst the cabins for...shade..

" Quote"

Sorry, that last holiday pic- what, are those, little holiday cabins?! Haven't they heard of trees? Talk about bare! Where is it, I gotta look it up! In Oz we have some amazing holiday parks with cabins, we stay in them often. We like trees in amongst the cabins for...shade..

@Capnsully,

You are now seeing England mate. Trees take up space, space cost's money, the landgrabbers regulations state: Each caravan six inches apart in the vertical line and ten inches apart in the horizontal.

So ORBX has got it spot on.. :)

Check all sites in the UK, all the same..

Trees are a static caravaner's worst nightmare. They drip the rain water onto the tin roof all night long. Holidaying in Britain you need to consider these things!!

It could also be a 3d version of a true Brit classic, an ex-military barracks holiday village. Hi-de-Hi!!!

Hehe, marvellous. Seriously, this is why I'm so excited - beautiful details and people from around the world learning about everyone else's issues - I'm getti'n all emo now!

Sadly I think us Aussies will eventually lose our best camping parks as well - already some of the better located ones are being sold off to the developers for subdivision.

and Jud, I can remember that Hi-de-Hi show, aired in Oz as well (unfortunately!).

Smog? When did you last see smog? In fact I bet you've never seen smog! Smog = Smoke+Fog. Haven't had it since the 1956 Clean air act. :P

Don't shatter the illusion Ron - people want to believe London is swathed in smog, as Sherlock Holmes wanders the streets... ^-^

Thanks for all the pics Mark. Beautiful blog and art too, subscribed! Your art and connection with where you live is inspiring.

Thank you Simmo :)

....And we've had many a great holiday in just such a park - Caravans, I love them... no so keen on the ones being towed at 30mph >:(

Mark: really great shots, and we are nearly home free with the upcoming release.

In your first Dartmoor shot, what is that river/stream?

Not sure Ian; I've covered too many miles to remember :)

And thank you for all the positive comments, the guys have done an incredible job recreating our island; you're going to love it! :o

Looking better and better (if that is at all possible)...

Say... "So close you can smell it" - is that an indication of a new "Flow"? You already have the sounds, the sights are there from the beginning - but now the smells as well?

Cheers

Mallard

(If there was one business I'd place my bets on to implement something like scent-flow, I think ORBX would be the one) ;)

Top class pictures here Mark!

Fantastic variations, wonderfully captured!

Great that we will be able to explore it all soon as well!

Until then though i will again have a look at Your fantastic shots here just above!

Thanks Mark for the SS

Question?

About "hard winter" here in Nottingham we might see what is called a "hard winter" for about 1-2 weeks a year max placers like the hills in Derbyshire might get that look on the hills for around a month.

What triggers a "hard winter" as its not PNW in middle England.

Thanks Mark for the SS

Question?

About "hard winter" here in Nottingham we might see what is called a "hard winter" for about 1-2 weeks a year max placers like the hills in Derbyshire might get that look on the hills for around a month.

What triggers a "hard winter" as its not PNW in middle England.

'Hard Winter' is January.

I have started planning a tour of England, starting off at EGCB Barton Manchester. I have all the US sceneries from ORBX but not been able to really appreciate actually how good they are as I've never flown there for real. This is a real eye opener as it actually looks like England and what you would see out the window at 3000. Can't wait.