Heiko Glatthorn

NZMF Milford Sound - Quintin Lodge Preview

The second airfield included in our Milford Sound scenery is almost finished and i can show the first impressions. T004 Quintin Lodge is located along the famous Milford Track hiking route, a short hop through a scenic valley away from Milford Sound.

The approach, landing and takeoff is promising elevated adrenalin levels and white knuckles are a common side effect... ^_^ .

We are currently working on NZMJ Martins Bay which will complete the trio - preview pictures will follow soon alongside more details for Milford Sound.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Looks great!!

But I'm sure ill need some instruction on how to land a butterfly

Looking forward to this and Queenstown as more additions to paradise.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD.

The butterfly is not fly able- but ATC will ask you to keep clear of it, they can cause bad wake turbulence!

Amazing looking stuff Heiko and team!

I already have enough trouble bouncing between NA, Oz, and Nz. Now you're adding UK to the mix and releasing shots of one of the coolest areas to fly in Nz. So many awesome spots to fly, so little time. :)

I can't wait to fly into that airfield. Thanks for the previews.

Thank you very much Gentlemen :) !

It is really a very interesting approach into Quintin Lodge, specially with crosswind which you get most of the time. You'll also start sweating while taking off with bigger aircraft and tailwind (you reach the point of no return as soon as you start rolling, reminds me about Lukla :D) . I really like to use for example the C208 or the Islander because their short field take off capabilities.

Can't wait for your excellent pics Iain, we enter beta as soon as Martins Bay is ready (not too long anymore) :) .

Fabulous work chaps ! Just a question : actually, i did'nt watch Ai traffic at Milford Sound (nevertheless it's not a slope runway ?). and the five BN-2 in Milford Sound scheme stay at Queenstown. The future Milford will be compatible with your excellent freeware AI traffic ? Best regards and congratulation for your work (and sorry for my english level...) !

Thanks codo, Quintin Lodge has indeed a sloped runway which makes AI traffic impossible in FSX. Milford Sound has a flat runway but regarding AI the problem with the terrain surrounding it. It is not possible to alter the flight path for common AI (other than left or right traffic pattern) and they will disappear into the mountains which looks very wrong.

We are trying to implement a new feature though but i can't go into details yet :) .

OMG. Amazing Heiko, I'm kind of getting nervous already at the anticipation of flying into and out of this strip. These teasers look top class, well done!

I'm very excited about this one and will be getting it when its released, but do want to mention one thing that seems out of place and that is the people flow character the current library has. Seeing a lady in a business suite and two elderly nicely dressed people seems out of place at this lodge. Hopefully in time we can see some backpackers added to the mix and be able to swap out those current for more fitting ones.

This is not in any way to say there is anything wrong with the scenery but one would have to admit, pulling up to this lodge and seeing hikers and people like that would be more of what one would expect.

Thanks again for all your nice replies :) .

You got a point Kilstorm and i agree. Now the People and CreatureFlow library development is a huge amount of work and it's growing steadily. The latest focus was on animals which are an excellent addition to our airfields. Jorge does an outstanding job but it takes time to create this complex models and animations.

I'll see what i can do.

This looks absolutely fantastic! I already like Milford Sound and T004 in the NZ South Island scenery and I often fly between the two but this addon scenery is going to make them much, much better. This is definitely a must buy. Well done!

I am looking forward to seeing the waterfalls there whilst flying/hiking which are of course one of the main attractions in the area.

I'm also looking forward to NZMJ Martin's Bay even though there haven't been any screenshots yet, because of the name ::).

~ Martin