Sign in to follow this  
caaront

Who'd think an UL would be so hard to land in FSX

caaront    248

I fly the Herc, the heavy iron, all the GA, and the absolute hardest plane to land in my extensive hangar is the AS Falcon Ultralight:

/>http://www.simflight.com/2010/12/06/aerosoft-releases-the-first-high-end-ultralight-for-fsx/

It floats forever, and I mean ity floats, I am working on extending my pattern until I get it all figured out.

I do recommend this one, it is a joy to fly, I've flown UL's and have soloed a Citabria and Cessna 150, but I'd love to fly this one.

Whats your hardest plane to land.

caaront    248

Posted Image

Doh! Read the manual dummy (Directed at myself).

I just learned how to toggle the pilot, the winter/inclement weather full wind screen, and most importantly, the rudder brake, by hitting / the wing rudders both point out letting you increase the descent rate allowing you to fly a normal pattern.

I feel a video coming on.

boxcar    0

Am generally quite talented in landing just about any fs aircraft out here, though there was one in the past that forever messed with me: the freeware Airhead Decathelon for FS9 of days past. Looked & sounded fantastic, flew well, but never did figure out the landing in that one. Having no flaps, it was always so very sensitive, bobbing for me when trying to paint landings. Never experienced anything of the sort with the payware RealAir Decathlon, what a great fs plane that one is. Have heard that the F-104 is a real handful, though have never had the pleasure as of yet. T-38s are a fair challenge too.

Yeah, the sailplanes can be a puzzle before getting in touch with the airbrakes, for sure. :)

MarkH    115

Yes, the Falcon is great once you figure out the spoilers. For best results you can map them to an analogue axis. This is the only realistic use I have found for the CH Eclipse's little 'paddle' control, which can simulate spring-loaded spoilers well as long as you do the calibration right.

For a real challenge, try landing the GAS Ryan PT-22 without bouncing. It is almost impossible in my experience.

Hotspot    4

When all the aircraft mentioned have been mastered, try a shortfield landing in the FSaddon Lysander with automatic flaps - a gem, and a faithful reproduction of the WW2 classic - hours of precision flying amusement.

Cal    15

Looks like you've got the Falcon well trained. I felt the grey hairs growing as I have made numerous attempts at short field landing the MS Flight Stearman. Those were the hardest landings for me so far. On the other hand, my new Flight Replica Cub Ultra can practically land in a tennis court.

good flights, Cal