John Venema

Introducing PeopleFlow 2

For the demo we used existing freely available demo mo-cap data, but we're setting up our own motion capture facility for PeopleFlow 2.

Microsoft Dancing Simulator X ;D

I've been to Spruce Goose in real plenty of times, never seen anyone dancing on deck haha.

Love the detail, you are making the airports come alive.

Zach

Simple patch installer for 0S9 if you guys want to see it for yourself,

Sure I would love to see it! Thanks John! Pretty cool, love the song!

Cheers

Martin

Well i'd like it if their clothing was not a texture stuck to their body, at the moment it looks as if their clothes have been painted onto them.

If possible could this be fixed?

The video is a tech demo only, showing how we can use motion capture data within FSX/P3D. I can make a simple patch installer for 0S9 if you guys want to see it for yourself?

We are putting Jorge on full-time staff, so his mission this year is to explore infinite possibilities for animation systems within the sim, so yes, that likely includes marshallers at larger airports and many other uses of this tech.

I'd like to see it! :)

Again: AMAZING WORK! Really excited now about how this new impovements will be used and seen within ORBX-FSX/P3D sceneries!

GREAT!

The video is a tech demo only, showing how we can use motion capture data within FSX/P3D. I can make a simple patch installer for 0S9 if you guys want to see it for yourself?

We are putting Jorge on full-time staff, so his mission this year is to explore infinite possibilities for animation systems within the sim, so yes, that likely includes marshallers at larger airports and many other uses of this tech.

Great, just hope the focus will be on marshallers and ground crew. A local guy at a small GA airport guiding you to park in a spot would be great feature.

@Frank.A lol, this is not Call of Duty Modern Warefare 3! if you want your flight experience to be smooth, then accessory details such as PeopleFlow have to sacrafice detail to ensure flight sim performance usability. PeopleFlow2 will be more detailed than the current instance but you have to be realistic in your expectations. This is a flight simulator.

Russ.

@Frank.A lol, this is not Call of Duty Modern Warefare 3! if you want your flight experience to be smooth, then accessory details such as PeopleFlow have to sacrafice detail to ensure flight sim performance usability. PeopleFlow2 will be more detailed than the current instance but you have to be realistic in your expectations. This is a flight simulator.

Russ.

+ 1

Wolfgang

Great work guys, keep it up.

It would be great to see hikers and campers in the mountain regions of PNW,Northern Rockies,Central Rockies,SINZ and possibly other wilderness areas in FTX scenery.

Also wildlife animals would be awesome in the above scenery areas as well as placing Australian native animals,Kangaroos and emus around Alice Springs and other areas in AU Gold.

oh man, the imagination just goes wild.. hey ORBX how about some missions? in a pack or individual.. with peopleflow2 - SAR's are now possible

with natureflow.. how about fires? like forest fires, that could actually be put out with "fire retardant" that could be dropped.. so many possibilities.

Hehe, everyone has an wish...err me too. I got my first orbx addon yesterday, PF and PAKT (love them btw).

I had seen a video on YouTube that made me really take notice of orbx. It is the one with the jet roped off and surrounded by workers busy loading (Brisbane). It is what sold me. I guess I was expecting that was going to happen to my jet when I parked.

Don't get me wrong I am not disappointed at all. In fact now (without hardly any sleep since I purchased) I am becoming a bush pilot.

But full services would be great! Yeah I am the dork that sits there for the same amount of time it would take to really service/load a passenger jet (one of those button pushers) and a user of AES.

Next wish (I know just go fly and let you guys work ::) ) - simple maps of all of the areas with all of the airports on them. A simple jpeg so I do not have to install anything or use G Earth. I found a user posted PNW but no PFJ - Plus if the developers have built any cool little spots (or easter eggs) I could go fly to and check out marked on the map.

AnimalFlow - cool idea

ATCFlow - Having a different voice/accent for the ATC or atis. Imagine an Aussy giving vectors or a country accent for the Rockies. I use Radar Contact now.

Thanks for keeping me from having to buy a real plane!

Russ.

Understood Russ, I was probably imagining too hard heh heh heh...

Tsss.. I was quite baffled at that little demo.

It just shows what becomes possible if developers know their tools through&through. I doubt MS ever thought of a dancer in their sim.

Phil ( former ACES) must be secretly pleased about the things You guys can still wrangle from the FSX-engine....

Any chance PeopleFlow 2 might bring us the missing marshallers? There are a couple of airports that are in desperate need for one of these guys at the gate, for example PAKT. We need them at gates and 737-sized nose-in stands...

Cheers,

Markus

A certain person model character that seems to be missing from the People Flow Library is someone walking around talking on a cellphone and using their free hand to try and talk with it using body english. Seems to be something you dont miss around an airport is at least one person talking on a cellphone.

It must be very exciting being on the Orbx team being able to share in creating things like this.... i am sure that JV and co are well aware of the desires, wants, needs, expectations, dreams of all of us... as they themselves are simmers too! I guess the biggest headache would be where to start and waht to start with!

Dancing girls ... simply a demo of whats to come ... showing the fluidity of what can be programmed.. you can be sure the developers are just as excited as we all are to implenemnt that into ground crew, animals, missions etc.... there probably just isnt enough hours in the day to do all the things Orbx want to do with this so thye can release it asap to the insatiable simming community...

I just think we can be very gratefull that JV and co have the same visions and expectations about simming that we all do (probably even more so as they create!) and are not simply driven by $$$$

Good work Orbx and thanks for flying the flag of inginuity!

Dancing girls ... simply a demo of whats to come ... showing the fluidity of what can be programmed.. you can be sure the developers are just as excited as we all are to implenemnt that into ground crew, animals, missions etc.... there probably just isnt enough hours in the day to do all the things Orbx want to do with this so thye can release it asap to the insatiable simming community...

I just think we can be very gratefull that JV and co have the same visions and expectations about simming that we all do (probably even more so as they create!) and are not simply driven by $$$$

Completely right!

Jorge.

This is absolutely stunning. ORBX is far the best in Simulation realism !!! The money isn't a factor for such high quality!

You guys are amazing

Hope to see much more

Andy :)

This is absolutely stunning. ORBX is far the best in Simulation realism !!! The money isn't a factor for such high quality!

You guys are amazing

Hope to see much more

Andy :)

+1

It must be very exciting being on the Orbx team being able to share in creating things like this.... i am sure that JV and co are well aware of the desires, wants, needs, expectations, dreams of all of us... as they themselves are simmers too! I guess the biggest headache would be where to start and waht to start with!

Good work Orbx and thanks for flying the flag of inginuity!

+1. I couldn't agree more. I think the "next version" of FS is being developed right before our eyes.

Jorge, amazing work. My hat's off to you and the rest of the ORBX team for making FSX a masterpiece.

Thank you.

Looks fun, not really my thing though, not what I'm looking for in orbx, people flow is great, dancing girls.....nah.

Well, this has been a tech demo. The new People Flow is not about dancing :)

Incredible guys, very good demo of tech now on-hand. I agree with all those that's asked for the Animalflow, Camperflow, GirlonthephonetalkingnonstopFlow, etc. It's all possible now that we see what's been done. Of course, marshallers, fuel trucks, birds, deer crossing the runways, etc.- it's a natural extension of what's been created here now. I simply see the best sim available right here, right now. As a full size sim builders (LJ45) I kind of fall in the middle. We tend to fly into a lot of small airports, but not too many tiny airports (needing around 4,000' of runway). You could really go wild with the Corporate/GA terminals at your small-medium size airports with limos pulling up, Beamers, etc. Folks getting in and out and walking inside. Those cars pulling up beside awaiting business jets, etc. I'm glad to see that a company is investing in the medium to smaller airport market. Nearly all the big airports have been done at one time or another. It's a great time to be a GA pilot in the sim world. Thanks for all you've brougth to the table and I look forward (especially as a full size sim builder) to what Orbx brings to Prepar3d.

Yeah, this just goes to prove that FSX is dead. Nothing new going on, nothing new to see, nothing new to want to buy. I hope you can detect that the note of sarcasm is directed to those who have thrown in the towel on our flight sim world. I thought the basic people flow was cool, now this. Thanks Jorge,, John, et al.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5AJwVBwHGWY&hd=1

Posted Image

. And we found that person in Jorge Amengol who is a recent graduate living in beautiful Brazil. Jorge has won us over with his enthusiasm and prowess at pushing the boundaries of the FSX animation system, and indeed extending it far beyond what it was designed for.

I was wondering where that gorgeous lady had learned to perform a 'samba', it seems Jorge was her teacher :)

...Russ is now finishing off the Ketchikan SP...

Any Idea when that might be available? Sounds great and can't wait to see more of People Flow 2. Keep up the great work guys!

Amazing bit of video!

What I think we are missing are a few younger people.

A few excited kids at the airport would be a nice addition. (or even a pushchair).....

Ian