Since we're in the sale season now, I thought it appropriate to mention one of the things I've been working on. It's not a new scenery this time, but rather a bundle of fixes and improvements to an old stand-by. Stark's Twin Oaks (7S3), one of the first airports released for the PNW region, is getting a new coat of paint! The 1.5 patch is about to enter beta testing. Improvements include:

• Re-colored 30cm airport photoreal textures for more contrast, saturation, and clarity
  • MUCH new NatureFlow vegetation added, specifically grasses around the airport
  • New NatureFlow falling leaves in autumn from selected trees
  • A full sound pack, including conditional wind sounds. If the wind is over 5 knots, you can now hear it rustling the trees nearby
  • Required terrain mesh resolution will now be 5m, in keeping with every other Orbx airport, without the "floating objects" anomalies
  • Some texture files that gave a few customers grief have been repaired
This will be a cumulative patch that will include all improvements made since v.1.0, such as PeopleFlow, increased frame rates due to autogen improvements, etc. Combined with the Day/Night light switcher from FTX Central, I'm seeing frame rates that are considerably higher and much steadier than the original version, even with autogen dialed up high.

If you already own 7S3, this update will be free, of course. If you don't, here's your chance to get it at 33% off for this week only, so you'll be ready when the patch is released. Here are a few shots of version 1.5:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

great news about the 5m mesh I have not flown there in a while because of that ...."Cant wait" he he it will be like a whole new airport !

I haven't bought this field,just yet.Since it will be a facelift so to speak.I noticed currently there are three patches,already in it's current state.

When the new patch/facelift comes out.Will it include all existing patches,thus far,that have been released?.I like the idea that the terrain mesh resolution will be 5m,which would sync well with some of the other close by fields.

Oop's.I didn't notice,that what I'm asking will be included in your facelift patch.Sorry for the mistake

THX

GrayRider

I haven't bought this field,just yet.Since it will be a facelift so to speak.I noticed currently there are three patches,already in it's current state.

When the new patch/facelift comes out.Will it include all existing patches,thus far,that have been released?.I like the idea that the terrain mesh resolution will be 5m,which would sync well with some of the other close by fields.

Oop's.I didn't notice,that what I'm asking will be included in your facelift patch.Sorry for the mistake

THX

GrayRider

Yes, as I mentioned in the original post, the patch will be cumulative. All you'll need is the original release and this patch, and you'll be up to date.

Applying update tech flows for fortunate owners of Orbx older AP's (Aus / NA) is sure to breathe new life and renewed sales into a virtual treasure trove of past

classic Orbx work for a second (3rd, 4th, 5th, and on) go-around of new customers! Among the many +'s - huge gain in customer confidence to invest in product

getting even better in time, knowing also these foundational Orbx sceneries will continue to upgrade into future evolving sim platforms for an even greater immersion

experience!

Separate strategy for a dept (over time) devoted to full time updates has many advantages for the customer- as well as Orbx...

Joseph

Thanks Bill. This is great news! I like Twin Oaks a lot so it will be great for it to get the facelift. I am looking forward to this, especially the 5m mesh change.

Sounds great ! I always have some elevation problems on this airfield, indeed of the patches and testing it with different mesh values. Hope it will fix it...

I agree with the crowd. An already great little airport will be even better with the facelift. It will be interesting to see if there are fewer approach hazzards from the north ( approach path trees ) . It is very reassuring to see your ongoing effort to improve your already outstanding scenery files. Keep up your good work, I'm glad I have orbx addons.

good flights, Cal

I can already hear the "boos" out there ^-^ but I think as a commercial product, Orbx upgrades should not be free.

At a reasonable cost, to be determined by Orbx, if upgrades produced revenue for the shareholders, then the number of upgrades could possibly be

increased. The more revenue, the more product available.

I can already hear the "boos" out there ^-^ but I think as a commercial product, Orbx upgrades should not be free.

At a reasonable cost, to be determined by Orbx, if upgrades produced revenue for the shareholders, then the number of upgrades could possibly be

increased. The more revenue, the more product available.

Well, I think I understand your point of view. On the other hand giving them for free leads to more customer loyality and they can sell more new products.

Anyway I think that if upgrades would be too expensive they would charge a fee.

Hello, I was exploring the area with Google Earth and I've found a new taxiway for runway 02. What about adding it?

/>http://maps.google.it/maps?q=stark+twin+oacks&hl=it&ll=45.426249,-122.943229&spn=0.002963,0.008256&sll=41.442726,12.392578&sspn=25.865776,67.631836&vpsrc=6&hq=stark+twin+oacks&radius=15000&t=h&z=18

Sorry guys, but adding a new taxiway is a bit beyond the scope of what I'm doing. It's one thing to find a new feature on an airport, but another to have usable, legal aerial photos to back it up. For now, we're going to have to live in the past a little when it comes to 7S3.

Hello Bill,

Thanks for working your magic on my favorite Portland area airport. I heard from a pilot friend that the Stark family is taking this special place to a new level with their recent acquisition of a Cub Sport, a Carbon Cub, a Cessna Skycatcher and improvements to the facility. The surrounding terrain is beautifully modelled and great fun to fly over. I look forward to your upgrade.

good flights, Cal