Guest yale1969

I have purchased a great many FTX products but I must say the most recent purchase is also the most disappointing, it fails to live up the the expectations in the pre-recorded video preview,but that's just my opinon.

Yes, please be a bit more precise on what you've expected and what you've got.

There's nothing wrong with not liking a thing but, at least at Orbx, I get the impression that the guys are really listening if someone is not so happy with their products.

I could think of some videos maybe showing more than FSX can give you. It's not that there's a cheat in place or something, it's just that everything there is very fine tuned and gives you a mood together with some music, so that's not automatically happening when you just load up the sim.

I like the location itself and the new tree tech at Fall City. That approach from the waterfall side is very, very nice. Together with the poeple flow stuff, it offers a nice rural atmosphere and the price wasn't too high on this one.

If you can be specific about what disappointed you about 1WA6 we will of course take it on board and use the information to better our products.

What I can say though is that 1WA6 is the best selling Orbx airport for 2011.

I must say that I also felt somewhat let down when I first tried out this airport myself. Just the general way the airport presented itself in the sim didn't quite live up to all the hype that it was given during development. But I also have to say that since the patch has been released and the upgrades have been made, that I have warmed up to this little work of art, and I personally feel the airport itself now lives up to the standard that I've come to expect from purchasing a FTX product. Now I really enjoy having Fall City in my collection and often find myself using that as a starting point for many of my flights. I love how absolutely amazing and beautiful the immediate surrounding area looks as well. Most of the time when I'm taking off from there now, I find myself gazing out of the window, when I should in fact be focusing on navigating my aircraft (considering I've just taken off lol).

Just my opinion but I'd have to agree a tad with Yale1969. Orbx has always done superb jobs with all of their sceneries including this one. However, I don't think or feel when I'm flying in the area it has as much "eye candy" as let's say Concrete, Darrington, or Orcas Island. It seems as though flying about the pattern doesn't allow as many things to be spotted from the air as the other airports just mentioned. Will that deter me from buying any additional Orbx sceneries? ??? Absolutely not!!! As a matter of fact, I've been really enjoying Skagit Regional and awaiting Anacortes's arrival. It's just that Fall City is my least flown airport at this point. JMO, that's all :mellow: Btw, speaking of these latest airports, I know it's on here somewhere, but how do I update my oder numbers to reflect all of these latest purchases?

I think that most people expected a more vivid place. There is not that much life as at Cushmans for example. But this is a private strip so thats quite realistic. But more important is the hype about Nature Flow. There was much talking about before. Now the problem is that Nature Flow is a technique adding more and life detail to the background. It is noticed more subconsciously.

So I think some people were somewhat disappointed because they awaited something eye-catching.

I think it will develop in a similar direction as with people flow. At the beginning many people watched the people flow and charged that those people walked in cycles etc. Now there is nobody complaining anymore. It is now a feature adding a component to the subconscious cognition. And all agree that they would miss it hardly.

So give it a bit time. In a few weeks you will get posts like "After sticking to Skagit and Fall City I started at a different airport and something was missing." :)

In my opinion, this is one of, if not, the best piece of scenery that Orbx has produced. The movement of the tree's and the colours a waterfall not to mention a challenging landing site coming in from the direction of the waterfall, it's got everything that you could possibly want of a GA airfield.

Jim.

Guest yale1969

Here's the bottom line, I think ORBX is the finest scenery delveloper on the market, I have purchased many of their products and enjoy every one of them, including Fall City. It was however my expectation after viewing the demo and reading all the special effects I could expect, that I felt let down by the end results. Example, To see a single leaf drop from a tree is not my idea of a fall envirenment, what I expected, and appaently wrongly, was to see breezes blowing the leafs all over the place. I just feel the scenery lacks the substance of many of the other ORBX products. I do like Fall City it just seems to be lacking the typical ORBX scencery I have come to enjoy.

Maybe because it was modeled after the real world airport? :P

If the real Fall City is rather bland, you can't expect Orbx to add things that aren't there just for eye candy.

I would certainly hope that Orbx wouldn't take an opinion as a suggestion or an implication to do or add something to their sceneries that was not as true to life as possible. Fall City is once again an excellent piece of work done by the folks at Orbx. However, in my opinion, with opinion being the key word, it is not my favorite airport . Whilst I'm sure many others here may have a different view point as to Fall City and any other airport produced by Orbx, it does not mean neither I nor they are off in their manner of likings. I have not uninstalled nor will I discourage anyone from purchasing Fall City. I will continue to fly into and about this airport. However, I just haven't chosen it as my favorite! ::)

Don't be shy to tell us your opinions - we take it very serious and try to improve with every new release. You have to understand though that there are limits what we can show with the current FSX engine. Specially regarding performance. It is always a very tight balance act, believe me.

That's why i have high hopes in the future of P3D - if they implement DX11 and optimize further for modern hardware in the near future, it will open new doors for us. This will be a new chapter of flight simulation with a buzzing living world, no doubt.

tell us your opinions - we take it very serious and try to improve with every new release.

It's reason's like this one here, that I am proud to call myself an Orbx exclusive scenery customer and supporter. It's great to have a company like FTX that really dose take to heart what their customers have to say, and dose everything they can to make sure they are satisfied with their products; even to the point of constantly improving existing product releases. @Orbx team- Thank you for your high standards in everything you do.

I actually have to say I'm in the same boat as the OP. It is certainly very well done, and I have no doubt it emulates the real thing in a very real way, but visually it does seem to have the least going on for it. In my opinion it really should have been one of the sceneries that used to be priced at the lower price point, but it doesn't appear that the lower level exists anymore. They all seem to be priced at the same level for the recent work. Again, nothing against the artist that created this airfield, but I too would not rank it up there with the likes of Orcas or Diamond Point.

Some of us will love this scenery but others will not. Personally, It reminds me so much of the real small country towns that I worked and lived in for many years. In a way quite nostalgic

Regards,

Jim.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but I can say that I was very excited about buying Fall City, perhaps more than any other scenery. Unfortunately I can also say that I was pretty disappointed.

I respect Orbx 100% and I think you only need look on my youtube videos to see that. Nearly all my videos (some with close to 100K views) plug Orbx like theres no tomorrow as the best scenery going. The bottom line is however that Fall City is not comparible to other sceneries in terms of it's surroundings and the airfield itself.

Maybe that's the fault of geography to some extent but it was built up to be something which it really didn't live up to. Natureflow is still partially in development so maybe it will improve.

I think it's important to be honest. Theres nothing worse than people jumping on an 'Apple' like bandwagon and saying everything is great just because of a brand. Orbx is generally excellent but nothing is perfect. That's life.

I think it's always better when developers spend longer perfecting things before release than releasing service packs later on with things that should have been included to begin with (i.e. the match the hype) in the initial release.