Bundles + which airports for which region?

Well I'm going to buy PNW and can't wait to get my hands on it. There is a also a huge temptation to buy some airports as well however the main selling page doesn't make it easy to see which airports go with which region. There are 3 regions in NA now?

Also it would be nice to have a bundle feature where you get the PNW + all the airports for a small discount or even just as a package with one payment.

Don't know if this would also save on cc fees for FTX or not.

Anyone if someone can give me a clue as to which airports are for PNW and which ones are worth getting it would be much appreciated.

thanks,

John

John welcome to the forums and you won't be disappointed at all by any of the payware airports by Orbx. I own all of them and already prepaid for Skagit Regional and Anacortes. All of the airports on the home page right now for the U.S. will work with PNW. JV has announced some airports for Pacific Fjords and eventually on the other regions. I remember trying one of the demos for PNW and then the minute I tried to fly in FSX default scenery in the east coast of the U.S., I just laughed and never flown anything except Orbx since. haha. The quality in all the airports are awesome and if I had to pick a favorite which is tough, I'd have to pick KORS, but if you could afford all of them and fly on the sim a ton, I'd get them all. :))

Welcome to the forums John! I agree 100% with Eric's statement. (although everyone has their own favorite lol). Reading this post just made me think that it would be a good idea for orbx to add the region's letters to each of the airports banners. Like instead of reading "US-74S" it could read "US-PNW-74S" instead. This would allow folks to know which region those airports are for. I know that the website has them categorized by Australian airports and North American airports, but this simple addition would allow the buyer to know where those airports are located (without having to load up at each airport and then try to figure out which region it's in)...just my thoughts. O0

Charlie P awesome idea and that would make it a lot easier. I find myself going to google earth to get an idea where the new release airports are located and this would save some time for sure.

Thanks! Maybe we'll get lucky and the higher ups will think so too. I think this might actually do more for the general cause than one might think. I guess time will tell. :)

hey Charlie, you never said what is your favorite airport so far in PNW, I know it's hard cause I love flying cross country's around all of them. I guess I picked KORS cause every time my friends or family ask to check out my sim set-up which is must for them for whatever reason, the "preview" airport I pull up is a nice traffic pattern around KORS.

hey Charlie, you never said what is your favorite airport so far in PNW

lol. Well to be honest I'd almost have to agree that KORS is one of my favorites to fly into, it is most enjoyable. But if I had to pick my personal favorite, I'd almost have to say that its a tie between darington, concrete, and starks twin oaks...lol I just can't make up my mind. But I was more or less just referring to everyone having their own personal favorite I guess. I do really enjoy diamond point too...ah heck, I like them all! LOL

lol. Well to be honest I'd almost have to agree that KORS is one of my favorites to fly into, it is most enjoyable. But if I had to pick my personal favorite, I'd almost have to say that its a tie between darington, concrete, and starks twin oaks...lol I just can't make up my mind. But I was more or less just referring to everyone having their own personal favorite I guess. I do really enjoy diamond point too...ah heck, I like them all! LOL

Well said, I agree 100%, their all awesome! haha Excited about Skagit and Anacortes. I made a couple of flights around this area and it looks amazing, so I can't wait to see the detail added. The preview shots by Ian and the team looks awesome.

Hi guys. I sent a PM to JV about this particular subject a couple of months ago. He said he would get one of the team members (when time permits) to put a map on the home page of each airport to explain which region said airport belongs to.

It just makes it a lot easier to understand -when you are new to an area-where your new airport purchase belongs to which region. Rather than have multipule apps open to find and locate these airports?

I just really think it would even go as far as to keep customers from turning away out of frustration from not being able to figure it out too.. Just that simple addition to each of the airports banners would do the trick (can easily be done in photo shop in about 10 seconds).

Eric C

I am surprised that no one has asked you to note the Orbx scenery that you own and the FSS numbers ... Without them people usually do not respond ... Please place your Orbx orders in you Signature as you will see with mine

Best and safe flying ...

I get confused with small airstrips since I'm not really that much of a General Aviation flyer, but more of an airline pilot. There's something about the roar of the engines from a 767, landing in a congested airport, and near collisions on final that makes me smile. The smallest airport I have is Hervey Bay - Orbx which supports 737's and A320's.

I also like Charlies idea to name the airports by their region "US-PNW-74S" etc etc.

It's good to know that the idea is something that others would like to see implemented too. Although it sounds like the idea itself has been thought of before, it just hasn't been introduced to the orbx releases yet... I'm not sure when it will be either, to be honest.

Eric C

I am surprised that no one has asked you to note the Orbx scenery that you own and the FSS numbers ... Without them people usually do not respond ... Please place your Orbx orders in you Signature as you will see with mine

Best and safe flying ...

Only needed for support questions as far as I know.