muzza

Concrete to Orcas Is

That is really cool. How expensive is the panel so far? If it's ok to ask that is.

Is that a special adaptor for the aviation headphones? Can you link me to where you got that?

Is that a special adapter for the aviation headphones? Can you link me to where you got that?

The adapter is a Flightcom IIsx. I got mine off Ebay.

See their website

It connects back to the PC for Mic and earphone sockets but you still need the 9v interface to connect the headset mic back to PC. Schematic available on the net.

The Adapter then has an output to give a 'mix of audio' i.e Mic with FSX sound to go and feed the video camera when recording.

At 05:05 marker during playback shows the effect of this.

It's cost is not thought of as much as it has been expensive, but this 'hobby' has grown over many years.

I like that number pad to select FSX ATC options...Where did you get it?

It's a 12 key Numeric Keypad that you may find in any good electronic parts store.

I modified it to go back through a Keyboard emulator to take on the numeric requirements of ATC.

The # key can be made for ATC as well as the * key being Autopilot connect

Jaycar in Australia has it. It's code # is CAT. NO. SP0770

Nice sim set up, Orcas is my favorite airport so far in PNW, i don't know why put it's my showcase scenery when people ask to see my set up also.

Awesome "pit" Muzza. Great video.

Did you buy the panel as is or have you put it together yourself? How do the real gauges interface with FSX's virtual gauges?

Cheers!

Dave

Did you buy the panel as is or have you put it together yourself? How do the real gauges interface with FSX's virtual gauges?

The panel I designed myself as the Cessna 172 fuselage had been stripped. So I started from scratch and then after the panel had been laser cut, I then built it up using Simkits gauges with modified components necessary to get to this point.