Sign in to follow this  
inty

Air Crash Disaster

So I decided, to try an IFR flight at night, in the PMDG J41. This would be my 3rd IFR ever. I may be a terrible pilot but oh well, long as I'm having fun. If anyone can point out what I did wrong or if thats just how it is, I'd appreciate it.

Ballarat to Melbourne

>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Mmy-fC--5E

hmm sorry about the link, doesnt seem to be a video icon since the forum upgrade.

If anyone knows how to do that tell me also :)

Edited by Ian Routley
fix media insert

That was a little departure from the norm....what kind of frames do you get in the J41 coming into YMML?

btw, that avatar...creepy

temp av, trying to figure out why my proper one went pixelly, think I was getting like 5-7fps :( I have the addon ymml airport with my normal settings, I ended up having to turn the autogen and the other one down to 0.

worst case scenerio, YMML is my worst fps location, and j41 is the worst fps plane I own.

do you happen to know if there is still a way to get the videos to show in the posts anymore?

No idea what went wrong there, could it be that you have pressed something which has disabled the AP

Laughed my socks off tho, :lol:

Cheers Phil.

mm I dont know, it has taken me a long time to learn what ILS is and to get to work, maybe it isnt suppose to work in winds, or maybe this plane just has a bad autopilot, or I did something wrong, the appr button had switched from arm to cap and it was following the glidescope down on it's own but it never seemed to quite get the CDI perfect.

You can hear it beep when I disconnect the AP and the last moment

AP should account for wind and weather, there are more than a few JS41 pilots here, someone will have the answer, :D

cheers Phil.

I've had that happen in the JS41 on approach into Launy, think I posted some screenies ages ago. AP captured the ILS (well, it appeared to!) but came down off line. Well before decision height you should have been aborting the landing and going all TOGA on the throttles. If you knew you were offline early, then kill the AP and fly final manually.

Great vid though, as all of yours are.

Cheers,

Derek

Thanks Derek, guess it is a thing with the js41 then, I was so happy to have captured the ILS, I didn't want to turn it off , lessons learned

You did well to switch off and still nail the landing :) with fraps +YMML + J41 you did well not to have flames coming from your PC, you really know how to throw a load at your system lol

I've had that happen in the JS41 on approach into Launy, think I posted some screenies ages ago. AP captured the ILS (well, it appeared to!) but came down off line. Well before decision height you should have been aborting the landing and going all TOGA on the throttles. If you knew you were offline early, then kill the AP and fly final manually.

Great vid though, as all of yours are.

Cheers,

Derek

There is a fix for fsx that corrects the offset of some ils approaches in the sim, I think I downloaded the link somewhere in the pmdg forum. Search key is your friend...

I love the JS41, it's my favourite!

Cheers,

David Di Domizio

Hello,

I just got the PMDG JS41 and it is awesome. does hit the frames a little hard but nevertheless, its an awesome aircraft to fly. I will do the same flight and see how it goes. Great video and thanks for making chuckle. LOL.

Regards

Sam

There is a saying in aviation. If you can use the aircraft again after each landing then it must have been alright!!

Well done Captain you made snap decisions to land that plane.