Jay Kae

American CDN for FlightSimStore Purchases

Please excuse my ignorance, but what is this and why should I download it? And, how do I determine which one to download?

Thanks,

Howard

Jay Kae    2,275

It is test files for if you want to test the speeds of the American FSS server, just a convenience for all Northern American customers, that is all

Mike62    32

I downloaded the 1GB from the American Server and speed varied but averaged about 1.3 to 1.5 Mb Sec.

Mike

CoolP    1

Fast download = files reach you before the bill does. :D

The positive view on things.

Thanks for those additional servers.

• Upvote 1

BionicCrab    0

I downloaded the 100 meg file... Full 25mbit speed no problem at all. Also It didn't take that long to spool up to that speed.

jlharris    0

Only 333kb/sec. This is the biggest downfall to any Orbx purchases. I pay for 3mb/s down, test at that, but get 1/3 of a mb/s from FSS :(

Jay Kae    2,275

I had a look at your ISP/IP in my server logs mate and I would suggest to contact your ISP because they are limiting your downstream via a command in your connection. Comcast in Canada used to do that as well and it took quite a while before I got them to stop that practice. That is just one example though

HercFan    29

I guess there is nothing for us poor Canucks! Currently dl'ing some heavy shopping at FSS (thanks to the sale!) and it's the slowest it's ever been.

Jay Kae    2,275

Always a good idea is to stop your download, go back into your account and click on the download link again, if you are using a download manager it will resume but it will take the fastest server available to you :)

CrisGer    0

Hi Jae

I see you are busy with server matters but wanted to let you know that the download for the freeware BOB walk around feture is borked badly i have tried to dlownload it for over 24 hours and the download gets dropped at about 1 MB or so, over and over. I am unable to register here fully as i havent purchased any products yet, i plan to but had hoped to have access to the forum to ask some content quesitons but are we only allowed to register if we have purchased product? thank you

Chris Gerlach

Lead Amin

3D World and Game Developers Group Linkedin

"We Build Worlds"

chrisgerlach9@yahoo.com

Benny    455

I don't need to use the test, I'm always at 1.25 locked using DownThemAll.

Hey, what does CDN mean (server), in my book it's Canadian money ::)

So should I buy something today just to test it >:D

Ben

CycloneMike    4

I downloaded the 100 MB file in 34 seconds.  It ran at 6.89MB/sec for the first 20 MB or so and then dropped back to 2.9 MB for the rest of the file.  I live in south central Pennsylvania and have Comcast.

Mike NAZMACK