cyberpilot

Heads Up Tecnam Sierra

cyberpilot    10

Think you guys should check out this little beauty from Ant.

http://www.antsairplanes.com/

If you loved his Tiger Moth you will surely like this.

As one of his flight testers and the owner of a real world Tecnam Sierra I can vouch for its authenticity.

Like the real thing it's a delight to fly ... 115kts cruise, 14,500 ceiling, 600nm range and handles 300m strips with ease.

I'll be posting some screenshots shortly.

Iain Emms    3,553

Thank you for posting this i will buy this plane it does look rather nice indeed dosent it chaps and well done to Ant for the work on this one.

cheers

Iain

alexf    57

I've seen it in his blog a few days ago. Nice looking. I'll go for it if it's sensibly priced.

johnboy    0

I'm afraid this is one of those things that totally P me off! Some vendors insist on you going to the very last page before they give you a price. It was one of those things that ticked me off whenever I visited the U.S., no one ever gives a price, you have to ask first. Why? because once you ask the salesman (or whatever) has you, they know that you are interested and try and reel you in.

Me, first question, How much? Then I can decide whether or not it's worth that price. Maybe that's just me though. ;)

Sorry for the little rant.

Cheers,

Johnboy

Naki    0

I dont think Ant's decided on a price yet  thats why there is none.  If he has decided on a price he doesn't need to put a price on it until it's released and it ain't released yet.

Guest bliksimpie   
Guest bliksimpie

at least with ant you not going to have to wait for 3 SP's to correct stuff..

this is one guy that know what he is doing...!

alan2    180

How ya feeling now Johnboy !  ;D      .........ordinarily I wouldn't buy this kind of  thing , not my regular kind of 'plane , but Ant has given alot to the community that I think I just might . Payback time Ant . Cheers .... :)

cyberpilot    10

I can't speak for Ant but I doubt very much that the price will be excessive.

All I do know is that the aircraft is much better than many payware products I have bought over the years.

If you think his Tiger Moth is pretty good then this is a step up and it comes complete with lots of paint schemes from around the world plus a very professional manual.

The sound set is also spot on and just like the real thing.

As mentioned before I have been involved in flight testing it these last few months and I can assure everyone that it flies very much like the real thing.

For many simmers it will be a great introduction to the world of light sport aircraft (LSA) which is the biggest growth area in recreational aviation.

Tecnams, Jabirus, Cessna Skycatchers, Piper Sportcruisers etc is where it's all at these days.

Like it or not many GA aircraft are destined to become dinosaurs which is why Cessna and Piper have finally woken up to what's happening and entered the market.

As a recreational pilot in the real world I have experienced GA and LSA and in my humble opinion I know which is way more fun and it's not GA.

Others may have a different view but that's how I feel.

So bring on Ant's Tecnam and ORBX's Jabiru!

caribou    12

I'm pretty sure if you met Ant you would know hes a pretty upfront kind of person. I'm sure the price won't be excessive;)

Here's my way of looking at the situation.  From every angle that I have seen of how Ant works and the quality of his work, this new aircraft will be amazing.  Now - I have been fortunate enough to have downloaded all of his also amazing freeware scenery and aircraft and continue to enjoy using them often.  I have sent my thanks to Ant on previous occasions and now welcome the opportunity to thank him again by purchasing his first payware aircraft - thanks again Ant for all you've done in the past - looking forward to buying your newest creation.  Howard

Dave Meson    0

And so say I, as a user of Ants seceenery and aircraft, it's payback time.

You don't often get the oportunity to express thanks to those who provide us such good freeware.

Waiting for the release.

Thanks Ant.

**snip**

Sorry for the little rant.

Cheers,

Johnboy

>:(  What a load of snot.  The plane's not even finished and you're upset that the price isn't listed?  Given the quality of Ant's other FREE!!! work, I think it's a fair assumption that the price- whatever it turns out to be - will be money well spent.  I'm going to assume Ant will sell through FSS and I'll definitely be ponying up for the Tecnam to thank him for all the wonderful hours I've spent in his 'Moth.  I notice he's got a Donate button up for the Tigermoth now, may go and hit that too.  If you're reading Ant, Thankyou!!

Derek

johnboy    0

Hi All,

thanks for your replies and comments, I was going to reply when I received the responses last night, when I got home from the pub. I'm glad I didn't because my response to the majority of comments wouldn't have been near as pleasant as they are now.

Firstly, How did my complaint that there was no price shown on the Sierra site, turn into an attack by me on Ant?

The only person who seemed to see that it wasn't  was 'NAKI' who kindly put me right as to why there was no price, the rest of you obviously didn't read my post properly or you would have seen that the original message was that I was upset that there was no price and then commented on the style of selling which doesn't tell you the price of an item until the very last page.

THERE WAS NO ATTACK ON ANT in fact there was nothing untoward about him or his software, which I have used and which is ok and which I thank him for. I have no objection in paying for the Sierra.

Sorry to go on, but I do think that most of the comments were well out of order, Oh and ALAN2 your response, " How ya feeling now Johnboy" Well I feel fine, apart from a tinge of sadness at the behaviour of certain people who tend to behave as if a red mist has descended over their eyes if they perceive the slightest sign of an adverse comment against them or theirs and who turn into a baying mob at the drop of an unguarded comment, I'm also surprised that contributors who I thought better of, decided to join the mob. 

If the cap fits here, anyone is welcome to wear it.

And.... if anyone wants to show me where I said anything wrong about Ant or his software you are more than welcome to contact me off list or even on the list if the moderators permit, though perhaps it would be more helpful for Ant and his Sierra if it was continued under a different header.

The Sierra does look nice, though.

Thanks for your time, and thank you 'NAKI' for your kind  and helpful response.

Johnboy

edit

thanks Derek "What A load of snot" is indicative of what I was saying, now, go back, read my original post properly then read my reply again. I do love an informed balanced response  :)

johnboy    0

Jay Kae,

yes I don't know Ant, I do know of his software and indeed have some of it. I was really interested in the Tecnam Sierra and the original post:-

"Think you guys should check out this little beauty from Ant.

http://www.antsairplanes.com/

If you loved his Tiger Moth you will surely like this.

As one of his flight testers and the owner of a real world Tecnam Sierra I can vouch for its authenticity.

Like the real thing it's a delight to fly ... 115kts cruise, 14,500 ceiling, 600nm range and handles 300m strips with ease.

I'll be posting some screenshots shortly."

says absolutely nothing about it not being released yet, if I remember correctly the site doesn't make it very clear either.

Now, on second thoughts I should not have made what you and a lot of others have construed as a negative comment, not an attack, I hasten to point out, but a negative comment, not against Ant or his software, but against a certain way of selling.

Your comment, " to begin with, your original post was nothing but a generalisation and stereotyping type post and that invoked a reaction with people, inclusive of myself." says it all, but not in the way you think.

My comment was to the fact that a price was NOT shown, and further comment was made by me to illustrate and explain why I was put out by this fact. In the original post (as above) there is no mention of the fact that it wasn't on general release, it wasn't clear on the site, in this respect I made a mistake. In my world if someone makes a mistake he is advised, not abused.

I apologise to Ant unreservedly in this respect, no offence was intended and I hope that he understands this.

As for yourself, Jay Kae, and the others, I have made my point and carefully explained, in words that you should understand, what I meant. If you choose not to read my posts properly and even ignore the facts,  I can't help any further.  I have nothing more to add on this matter that would help.

Johnboy

Naki    0

I think there was a misunderstanding from all sides here and this thread is a perfect example of things escalating out of control from a couple of misunderstood posts....

.......................we should now just get this thread back track or open another as no doubt that Ant's aircraft will be very nice!  :)  :)

Guest bliksimpie   
Guest bliksimpie

And so say I, as a user of Ants seceenery and aircraft, it's payback time.

You don't often get the oportunity to express thanks to those who provide us such good freeware.

Waiting for the release.

Thanks Ant.

Absolutely true..

Cant wait to get home to buy this as this is also payback time for me. After the hours on end of pleasure he has given us with his scenery and tiger moth, it is the right thing to do. geesh I have purchased crappy aircraft for double what he ask. This plane is a steal at that price.

Guest bliksimpie   
Guest bliksimpie

Yes, there are in fact a couple of charts added in the additional PDF's. Well at least it is more then you will get from certain retailers.

lost    0

Just bought it.  After all of the wonderful taxes in your part of the world, Ant will have enough to go to McDonalds on my dime,  ;)  Anybody who thinks they're going to strike it rich writing FS add ons is not in touch with reality(That was in response to complaints about pricing in previous posts).  Its well done, nicely textured, much better than some of the add-ons that charge twice as much.  Rotax sounds like the lawn mower engine that it is.  A great first effort in the payware market by Anthony.  Only one issue.  The landing light could be a little more opaque, so it doesn't look like a large notch in the wing.  Other than that,  it's well worth the money.  Go get it (Ant needs McDonalds money :D)

Will

Guest bliksimpie   
Guest bliksimpie

I am pretty sure that Ant is a pretty "Rich" guy tonight just knowing there are so many people enjoying his creations (past & present and even in future), so yeah depends how you define "rich".

Blitzer    4

Me, first question, How much? Then I can decide whether or not it's worth that price. Maybe that's just me though. ;)

I do wonder, that given (as far as I know) this is Anthony's first payware product, that he had not decided on a price until the very last moment before release? Clearly by the quantity of good quality freeware products he has released he is IMO a generous person who seems to enjoy creating these products and knowing people is using them. Perhaps the price of this product also reflects that attitude? i.e. the price is set at a very appealing price to encourage people to buy it knowing that even if it does not meet their expectations or it is not the usual product they would buy that the actual prices paid is worth the gamble. Reading through the features and having seen the images I have to say that I'm more than willing to take that gamble. I have paid far more for payware aircraft that I've ended up being disappointed with, but this like the Uiver DC2 is such a reasonable price that there's really not anything to be lost.

I wish Anthony all the best with this product, I'm off to buy it right now.  :)

alan2    180

..Not my type of aircraft, but its been bought .      Verdict -  iI like it , I like it a lot  :D  .  First circuit and it feels like Im flying .

Love the sound and the skin and....        Thank you Ant, its the the best lighty in  my hanger ( and it will stay in the hanger )

spud    166

I am more than pleased to purchase Anthony's first payware aircraft.  Since his ANT31 days with VOZ I have used his scenery with much satisfaction.  I even downloaded and saved his work for the FSX platform although I waited until last month to purchase that sim.  I installed his Tiger Moth as one of the first add on aircraft in my sim and fly around ORBX's PNW in it quite often.  Anthony has contributed to our hobby selflessly and freely for these many years and I'm glad to be able to support his payware efforts.

In a related manner I created just one piece of scenery add on for FS9 and uploaded it to AVSIM.  I corrected Microsoft's misplacement error on the Lake Pontchartrain bridge and Anthony was kind enough to aid me when I ran into a problem with the effort.  Without his support and kind help the bridge would still be 5 miles inland north of the lake.  Thank You again Anthony.

;D

Lucevan    1

An excellent plane - at an excellent price.

If it gets him a big mac I'll happily chip in.

I can see a good many hours being spent flying it around PNW

jjjallen    90

Just the ticket for short hops in the PNW world.  Great value.

Hoping that I can park it in the ORBX version of KORS soon.  Hint hint. :D

jja

briansommers    25

I have to say, I was very skeptical but WOW :o

it is really a great liitle plane, great for putzing around pnw area - really lots of fun, lot more to it then meets the eye at first.. 

I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS ONE!!

realatp    0

In real life, if I had the GNS 530 and ILS indicator could this airplane be certified for full IFR Flight? It doesn't have a Pitot heater, which makes me think its  VFR onyl plane + its an LSA.

cyberpilot    10

Jordan,

In the States it can be certified for IFR ... there are many examples flying, mostly with glass cockpits.

Check out YouTube.

In NZ where I live it can be certified for GA but haven't come across an IFR one yet.

Don't know about anywhere else.