Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Passing over the Inland Empire Paper Company wood mill at Millwood!:rolleyes: 

 

8u6FHyl.jpg

Where is it? You can see part of KSFF top left.

  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites

If you live in this area , you can usually smell where it is . :wacko::(

 

Our large Newsprint mill in our area shut down last year for good , 200 folks out of a job . Not much need anymore for 

newspapers in a digital age . :(:(

  • Sad 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, BradB said:

If you live in this area , you can usually smell where it is . :wacko::(

 

Our large Newsprint mill in our area shut down last year for good , 200 folks out of a job . Not much need anymore for 

newspapers in a digital age . :(:(

Very sad to hear of the job losses but it is a sign of the times. There is indeed an unintended pun there!

It is more than 25 years since I read a paper.

 

Indeed the smell and at Burnie in Tasmania the old APPM mill turned the harbour water black. We had an interesting tour of the mill when my brother worked there. That mill closed in 2010.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

nice shot, I like Martyn haven't read a paper in years let alone buy one, yet my mum (80) has one as often as she can, old habits I suppose...

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, lifejogger said:

Nice shot of the scenery Martyn, excellent details.

Cheers John, plenty of great details in the area.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, wain71 said:

nice shot, I like Martyn haven't read a paper in years let alone buy one, yet my mum (80) has one as often as she can, old habits I suppose...

Thank you Wayne.  I went fishing in the Northern Territory in 1986 and 2 weeks without a paper, never missed it and haven't bought one since.:)

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Great shot indeed Martyn. We had a Premier named WAC ("Wacky" as he was known) Bennett in the sixties and when people complained about the horrific smell he simply told them: "That my friends is the smell of money". Lol.:D

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Great to discover these details in P3D, Martyn.

Great to inspire such discussions here as well. I read 1-2 newspapers every day, though in the local one most messages have been published online already the day before.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, flyingleaf said:

Great shot indeed Martyn. We had a Premier named WAC ("Wacky" as he was known) Bennett in the sixties and when people complained about the horrific smell he simply told them: "That my friends is the smell of money". Lol.:D

Thanks Karl. Obviously Wacky knew the priorities!:D

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Stillwater said:

Great to discover these details in P3D, Martyn.

Great to inspire such discussions here as well. I read 1-2 newspapers every day, though in the local one most messages have been published online already the day before.

Thank you Gerold. One reason I like to fly outside of the plane is looking at the scenery and all the "extras."

Mind you I do pop into the office every now and then to have a sip of amber before it goes too flat and warm!;)

Sky News Oz for me with a few other commentators on YT and Odessy!;)

 

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/25/2021 at 10:08 AM, Jack Sawyer said:

This is very neat Martyn!

Thanks Jack, a lot of work goes into all these scenery extras.:)

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/25/2021 at 11:26 AM, adambar said:

Thank for the info Martyn, I was wondering about that. :D

Cheers Adam. It is interesting to find out what is being flown over.:)

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...